Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

As the old thread is, apparently, in the Vault, now and cannot be continued.

So, to start off, I could probably describe my experience with Far Cry 5, recently, but screw that. Not even worth it. Story-wise, anyway. Gameplay was good.

Instead, I wanna know if anyone here is playing DESTINY 2. I watched some gameplay footage and looks like a cool game. Reminds me of DEFIANCE. Seen some interesting melee in it, with cool weapons and animation. Naturally, I began to wonder if Em-8er will look similar. Or if it will borrow some ideas. The game isn't terribly pricey, either. Could easily afford to, you know, actually buy the game (since it's online-only and pirating is impossible). Just wondering if I should try it.

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I enjoy it from time to time. Ok story, game play to me is pretty good, and if you can pick it up on sale definitely worth a buy (which is when I picked it up). New DLC just released which I haven't bought that yet. IMO it's better than Defiance and looks better too. Also Defiance is 3rd person and Destiny is 1st (except in safe zone - goes to 3rd). I know games can be fairly subjective so...

Gonad Pony

Firstclaimer
Mar 18, 2017
If you're into the gameplay style and art style of Destiny, Warframe is probably your best bet with the dwindling fanbase of Destiny. From what I've seen some old Destiny fans are even moving over to Warframe. As for me, I've been playing Warframe here and there, but I have nearly everything in the game so there isn't much for me to do at the moment. Vindictus is good too. Small playerbase, a sorry excuse for a wiki, but helpful players nonetheless. Take it on with a few friends and it will be much more rewarding. I'm currently on the climb to top 100 Kai players on the NA server so message me if you want to play!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If you're into the gameplay style and art style of Destiny, Warframe is probably your best bet with the dwindling fanbase of Destiny. From what I've seen some old Destiny fans are even moving over to Warframe. As for me, I've been playing Warframe here and there, but I have nearly everything in the game so there isn't much for me to do at the moment. Vindictus is good too. Small playerbase, a sorry excuse for a wiki, but helpful players nonetheless. Take it on with a few friends and it will be much more rewarding. I'm currently on the climb to top 100 Kai players on the NA server so message me if you want to play!
vindictus was fun my fave was also kai and lann liked the music as well and the unique bosses e.g. that crazy polar bear :D
The melee combat in this game and special effects stood out when i first saw it. Havernt played this game for some years though Warfame i guess is like a vindictus but in space hmm

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I've been playing Ace of Seafood over the past few days and it's pretty awesome:
So far I've claimed every reef and I've unlocked most life forms. My next objective is to defeat the genetically modified Super Synthesis Fish boss.

Jul 26, 2016
Playing this

which is placed within the same story universe of their last game...

it's interesting to say the least.

but I keep drifting back to dead cells. It's a rogue-like.

Yoooo!

I've only discovered RAGE, now! Missed it, for years, apparently. Don't know how.

Pretty good. Definitely has a BORDERLANDS feel too it. Was more than likely inspired by the first BORDERLANDS game and/or Mad Max, as BS also took inspiration from that. Not quite as open-world as the Borderlands games. Linear, to be honest. But, the graphics are great and the design of the world and WEAPONS is fucking awesome.

Check these two out:

SMG https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...imation.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111130145441

CROSSBOW https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rage/images/4/4a/Rage-12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111030030818

Now, imagine both on an omni-frame's arm or held by it, obviously somewhat more robust, but keeping the look. it would look fucking sick.

I THINK I just got my answer to how my SMGs could look. And bolt-shooting weapons could be a possibility, as well. Projectiles doing kinetic damage (and elemental if upgraded or modded) and energy-variants doing higher damage with possible elemental mods, as well.

@Grummz @Ronyn

RAGE

I'm really impressed by this game. When I saw Bethesda's name on it, I was discouraged, but they're only the publishers, so my intense dislike towards their incompetent, lazy assess still stands. This idSoftware bunch is praise-worthy, though. Don't know if ZeniMax acquiring them is a good thing or not, but for its age, their game still holds up. And there are such nice little attention to details. Like, when I accidentally hit the pipes with a shotgun blast, trying to shoot mutant, the pipes leak water. And the enemies, their movements, is fucking (annoyingly) smart. The amazing clouds in the sky may very well be just a real-life photo, but it looks beautiful. Switching ammunition types by pressing the hotkey for the same weapon is neat. Might take a little longer than bringing up a wheel, but it spares some keys.

Mar 1, 2017
Currently playing Skyforge and Crossout. Skyforge is a MMO with the usual leveling, quests, raids and so on. Very pretty character models though ;)

Crossout is a vehicle-based team combat game with an unique crafting system:
The players can put their cars together with a kit-bash system in an almost unlimited variety. Limitations are mainly in the cabins, (simplified) those determine durability, power for equipment, drive power and max. speed of the cars.

Reminds me a bit of the light, medium and heavy frames as announced for Em8er. Only that Crossout has no arbitrary restrictions on what items you can mount on your car. If your cabin can handle the weight and provide the required power for the item, you can equip it.

Oh, and the aesthetics are VERY much inspired by Mad Max Fury Road :)

Jul 26, 2016
Yoooo!

I've only discovered RAGE, now! Missed it, for years, apparently. Don't know how.

Pretty good. Definitely has a BORDERLANDS feel too it. Was more than likely inspired by the first BORDERLANDS game
Gearbox head at the time when Borderlands were nearly released found out that there were other games coming out that looked highly similar. Rage pretty much directly copied what Borderlands looked like at the time. Pretty much everyone was going for the fallout/mad max style.

The dude got scared that his game would be buried under that avalanche and got their team to submit different art styles before they settled on the cell shaded look. This in turn pissed off/saddened one of his art leads that spend an ungodly amount of time making that look before what would seem at the time to be a whimsical decision to change the style. She left the industry over Randy's decision. You can actually find videos of gameplay in the old art style.

Rage is pretty cool. Though you get a pretty sick minigun near the end.... don't hesitate to use it.

Rage 2 is apparently coming out next year and it seems they decided to take more elements from Borderlands/Mad Max as well.

Gearbox head at the time when Borderlands were nearly released found out that there were other games coming out that looked highly similar. Rage pretty much directly copied what Borderlands looked like at the time. Pretty much everyone was going for the fallout/mad max style.

The dude got scared that his game would be buried under that avalanche and got their team to submit different art styles before they settled on the cell shaded look. This in turn pissed off/saddened one of his art leads that spend an ungodly amount of time making that look before what would seem at the time to be a whimsical decision to change the style. She left the industry over Randy's decision. You can actually find videos of gameplay in the old art style.

Rage is pretty cool. Though you get a pretty sick minigun near the end.... don't hesitate to use it.

Rage 2 is apparently coming out next year and it seems they decided to take more elements from Borderlands/Mad Max as well.
Yep. Excited for the sequel. This was a good development team. Damn it.

The first Borderlands game I played was BL2, actually. The cell-shaded look almost turned me off, at first. But, I quickly took to liking it and I fecking love the game. Good story and the humor and craziness is just ridiculous. And...Mhh. Maya. Love her voice-actor. Although, as I commented in my series of Borderlands fanfics I wrote, I do prefer Lilith's Siren abilities to Maya's Phaselock. Also played Borderlands 1, since then. And the Pre-sequel. And the Tales from the Borderlands was also awesome. Laura Bailey's Fiona. Hell, yeah. I got around to writing my fic, at that time, using events up to Episode 3. The story was great, before they pulled a completely bullshit character death in Episode 4 that pissed me off. So, basically and played every Borderlands game with every DLC, on every difficulty, up to every max level. That's a loooong-ass experience, yo.

Last edited:
Currently playing Skyforge and Crossout. Skyforge is a MMO with the usual leveling, quests, raids and so on. Very pretty character models though ;)

Crossout is a vehicle-based team combat game with an unique crafting system:
The players can put their cars together with a kit-bash system in an almost unlimited variety. Limitations are mainly in the cabins, (simplified) those determine durability, power for equipment, drive power and max. speed of the cars.

Reminds me a bit of the light, medium and heavy frames as announced for Em8er. Only that Crossout has no arbitrary restrictions on what items you can mount on your car. If your cabin can handle the weight and provide the required power for the item, you can equip it.

Oh, and the aesthetics are VERY much inspired by Mad Max Fury Road :)
I played Skyforge for a while, but good a bit fed-up with the endless scaling. I mean where would it end. Too grindy. The graphics could make for some good-looking characters, though. The thing that also annoyed with it was how groups of enemies would just stand around like they were conversing when you didn't approach them. It looked so dumb. But, that's another tried and true thing that many MMO do. And completely ruins immersion, for me.

Jul 26, 2016
I played Skyforge for a while, but good a bit fed-up with the endless scaling. I mean where would it end. Too grindy. The graphics could make for some good-looking characters, though. The thing that also annoyed with it was how groups of enemies would just stand around like they were conversing when you didn't approach them. It looked so dumb. But, that's another tried and true thing that many MMO do. And completely ruins immersion, for me.
is there any MMO that doesn't have that?