The Official FillmoreBucks Thread

Fillmore

Kaiju Slayer
Ark Liege
Ember Dev
Kaiju Whisperer
Jul 26, 2016
Utah, USA
What is a 𐌅illmoreBuck? It's a non-canon currency I invented. For fun. If you manage to get 𐌅20.00, you can trade it in for an Em8er T-Shirt. Just pay shipping. (Sorry gotta include that, the international audience here is pretty big, and I can't afford shipping to Timbuktu.)

*With the Em8er Merchandise Store closing, I'll need to figure out a different reward.

So how does one earn this currency? Pay attention to me. (Narcissism Alert). I've posted trivia, puzzles, and mindless tasks I didn't want to perform on the Discord channel to reward ultra-fans. I'm also going to move some of that here to the forums. A lot of it will be Em-8er related, some will just be stuff that I find interesting. But there's enough to go around. Just keep playing and you'll win eventually.

I will keep this post updated with the current 𐌅illmoreBuck standings:

𐌅10.00: Dinsdale
𐌅4.00: Lomgren
𐌅3.00: Draco
𐌅3.00: PlzBanMe
𐌅1.00: Jelly

Join in.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Its a Stegosaurus!

Did think at one time the kite like plates on its back could be solar panels to recharge its spike launching tail when i think of food reminds me of a folded taco with feet hmm
Ah well ... I'm too late. I'm pretty sure you are correct Pandagnome.

You know, I thought I was the only one who remembered the "Stegosaurus" song from school but clearly, I'm not:
[[ WARNING ... THIS SONG WILL STICK IN YOUR BRAIN! xD ]]

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Not sure what you are looking for here?

Stegosaurus
27 x 19 cm (10.6 x 7.4 inches).

Der Stegosaurus
One of the most recognizable dinosaurs. From Jurassic period

This antique lithograph was made in about 1910 and is in excellent condition. It is from a rare set of collecting cards about dinosaurs, prehistoric animals and strange animals, Tiere der Urwelt (animals of the prehistoric world) by Heinrich Harder. On the back is text about the animal by the naturalist Wilhelm Bolsche. They remain some of the most intriguing images of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and are still referred to. Harder is well known for his murals of extinct creatures at Berlin Zoo, and was art professor at Berlin University.
http://www.finerareprints.com/stegosaurus-25602

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg

Hmm ... I thought it was the image we needed to identify. Now I think it's the symbol [𐌅].
So, is it the Greek or Norse version? I'm going to go with Greek; and here's a bit of an explanation...

Greek: it's a Digamma oblique ... which is the ancient ancestor of the Latin letter F.

Also,

"The symbol [𐌅] has been called by a variety of different names, referring either to its alphabetic or its numeral function or both."

"Wau (variously rendered as vau, waw or similarly in English) is the original name of the alphabetic letter for /w/ in ancient Greek.[11][12] It is often cited in its reconstructed acrophonic spelling "ϝαῦ"."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digamma#Wau

Or, I could be completely wrong and it's Norse. If I am, I'll let someone have a go at figuring that one out. xD

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Hmm ... I thought it was the image we needed to identify. Now I think it's the symbol [𐌅].
So, is it the Greek or Norse version? I'm going to go with Greek; and here's a bit of an explanation...

Greek: it's a Digamma oblique ... which is the ancient ancestor of the Latin letter F.

Also,

"The symbol [𐌅] has been called by a variety of different names, referring either to its alphabetic or its numeral function or both."

"Wau (variously rendered as vau, waw or similarly in English) is the original name of the alphabetic letter for /w/ in ancient Greek.[11][12] It is often cited in its reconstructed acrophonic spelling "ϝαῦ"."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digamma#Wau

Or, I could be completely wrong and it's Norse. If I am, I'll let someone have a go at figuring that one out. xD

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:
Er I think the symbol is meant to indicate FillmoreBucks?

Dracomon

Base Commander
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Martinique
Guys I think I got it! The picture is by Heinrich Harder whose initials are HH, but it's also the Initialism of Hansestadt Hamburg, and Hamburg is a component state of Germany! The current president of Germany is Frank-Walter Steinmeier who studied Law and Political Science at the Justus Liebig University Giessen, where Brigitte Zypries was a fellow student who's a member of the Rotary Club which has a branch in Boston, the same state of the Boston University School of Law of which Mark Kern is an alumni! It all adds up! tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Last edited: