Em-8ER Video Update 7. CHOOSE YOUR WEAPONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So, I wrote this on the Discord. What do y'all think? I'm thinking of fleshing it out some more if people like the idea!
I'm happy to hear that we'll have a plasma launcher and assault rifle for the vertical slice, but eventually I'd really like to see chargeable heavy weapons like railguns or laser cannons. As I am planning on using a heavy suit myself, I would love to use slow-firing, high-damage weapons when my suit is designed to take a beating. Shoot, here's a thought: what about a shoulder-mounted ordnance launcher that takes a sec to reload but you have access to a variety of different "heavy grenades" that you can deploy. Like, there could be your typical frag or napalm grenades, but then you could have repair nanobot grenades that can mend your suit and others' suits in an area? What about a heavy tranq injector that would require some forethought but you could stick a kaiju with it and they start getting sluggish? Imagine that your suit has this massive bandolier with all these heavy grenades the size of your human torso. Imagine grinding for resources to make these massive heavy grenades for your suit then you have to manually load them onto your suit's bandolier and you can only use what you pack with you. To me that would be one of the coolest achievements ever.
I like it chargeable heavy weapons think of the iron man suit beam he shoots out of his chest and the husk cannon in kf2 with all the crazy fire.

Shoulder mounted launcher for sure!

Making massive heavy grenades of your choosing sounds like some more good options!

heavy tranq injector i am glad you added this one :cool:

How about a gun that fires squirrels?
yes and if you aim at someone's crotch and hit them you will get bonus nuts points :p

I'M FOR A GRENADE LAUNCHER WITH 'SPLODIN SHEEP
Thats not a bad thought if we had kangaroos with sheep in its pouch they kick the enemy to knock them down unleash the sheep and bounce away to return back to your launcher

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Oh Now you have done it...going to start a Dune binge. My wife is will not be happy with you.
Wait, your wife doesn't like Dune ??? :eek:
Why that's ...
HERESY! JK! :D

Seriously though, that is a good movie.
Maybe you should try and take her to see David Bowie in "Labyrinth".
It's being played in theatres around the USA on April 29, May 1, and May 2.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/labyrinth
:cool:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Toddler is still a bit young for it. (Tossing body parts dance scene) and sick newborn. She likes both though, just I am such a Dune fanatic that when I get started on it it will be three hours later and I am still on Frank Herbert's life and chronology of the series.
I'm trying to help you out here ... What about a babysitter? xD

Apr 23, 2017
Spain
That new weapon seems really funny..good work. All Classes were balanced on their own weapons..but i loved the idea of mixed sniper and middlel target rocket launcher classes..i dont remember now but not any other game has this feature. Well finally i also like all other features on weapons. but i like to ploay most times with quiet bastion while i smoke and a cup of tea ^^
oh....im learning english so much, thanks.

Wow that plasma cannon is really a destructive weapon...and dunno if cinematics works fine until i play with that char xDDD.

About the laughs my favourite is the first one. I also laughed with ...him ^^. and ...¿"striders" i guess i understood??? nice!!! but im little lost jaja. Very good work anyway.

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
I don't think hitscan weapon are a bad thing.

Back in firefall neither the rhino or awsenal were overpowered due to their main guns, but they were so satisfying to fire, just a spray of lasers or mg bullets with awesome sounds to boot made it a lot of fun to chew up swarms of mobs.

I'd actually really love some sort of akimbo mode for the lighter frame (possibly wristguns), that have shorter range, but have precise fast fire that maybe has increased crit damage/do more damage to weak spots where the emphasis lies on mobility to get in, do a lot of damage, avoid the damage and get back out when need be, kind of like how it's used in at the start of this video

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
I want hitscan to die. It was a practical technique in the days of tightly limited processing power and graphical capabilities, but those days are fading; the exponential rate of computer advancement is quickly obsoleting many old design techniques that just aren't required to make a game work anymore (COUGHCOUGHTABTARGETINGCOUGHCOUGH.) I don't mind having bullets that fly incredibly fast; that's kind of the point of ballistic weapons. Pressing a button and scoring microscope-accurate damage with no intervening physics across unlimited ranges is getting old though.

Yes I hate hitscan snipers, for those who're jumping to conclusions. This whole "flickshot" trend is a bit silly.

Noctus

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
North Carolina
  • Hitscan weapons give you better latency compensation with laggy players, along with less server overhead.
  • Many weapons used in Firefall were laser based, and would have been practically no different than hitscan anyway.
  • At the range most conventional ballistic weapons would generally be used at(eg. within rooms or 100m or less distance firefights,) there wouldn't be much difference between hitscan and not.

Status
Not open for further replies.