Short Holiday Update - Thanksgiving Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
We admit it...we've been visiting family and stuffing our faces this week. But not all of us live in the US and Alejandro has been working on the rough blockout for the Kaiju model. This is the Kaiju that fights the THMPR in our planned encounter.

Keep in mind its pretty rough right now and overly chunky. Form will tighten up as work progresses!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and see you next week.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I don't know ... that thing might give me nightmares; it's kinda creepy looking. :eek::eek::eek:

Reminder to everyone, the holidays are fast approaching. I recall (from last year) that this time of year is usually a slow time for any progress.

But as this is Thanksgiving weekend in the U.S. ...
I'd like to say I am very thankful for all the talented people working on EM-8ER who worked to bring it to where it is today!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
8 FOR EM-8ER

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
The full on hands with hoofs on the rear do look a bit out of place. Maybe more like a series of one/two segmented thick claws coming out of the sides of the frontal limbs with more of a solid/rigid base (hoof like) than the hands/wrists part. Can claw into and grab stuff, but would look like it could take a heavier force and more easily run and carry its weight with them.
Also seems slightly more front heavy overall like the back parts got shrunk a bit from the concept art.

Overall a good looking start though, keep it up!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
It's not done yet folks lol. Don't worry about the eyes and details such as that right now. I like the way it supports itself on its knuckles. Those are some digits an omniframe definitely doesn't want to get grabbed by. Talk about a K.O. very intimidating for sure, Em-8ER team! Sweet and damn mean looking.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Its all good seeing the front/side but..... what about the back does it poop? does it blast fire? does it unleash gas?
does it sing?

would it have eyes in its hands to grab what it sees?

could it tickle things with its tentacles and greet others of its kind with its tentacles
or use its tentacles to track others like a strange compass that glows?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
So far so good, though i am a bit unsure about the front knuckles. It looks like a lot of weight being distributed over a small area, making them weak points structurally.

Jul 26, 2016
I don't know ... that thing might give me nightmares; it's kinda creepy looking. :eek::eek::eek:
Yeah... it looks like someone swapped the anus of an animal with it's face and then added some claws for good measure.

The only thing that would make this worse would be if it had a long range attack that would be brownish yellow in color and did poison damage as well as leave a nasty AOE smog behind as well. It would just squirt out of it's "face" leaving behind a nasty trail of brownish yellow mucus.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Yeah... it looks like someone swapped the anus of an animal with it's face and then added some claws for good measure.

The only thing that would make this worse would be if it had a long range attack that would be brownish yellow in color and did poison damage as well as leave a nasty AOE smog behind as well. It would just squirt out of it's "face" leaving behind a nasty trail of brownish yellow mucus.
It does seem like the hugging type to me, mostly becouse it has some similiar aspects to the "facehugger" from alien but this one is on steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.