So... Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
I am really intrigued to hear your opinion.

To me personally, it just looks like the old beta™ Firefall (dat storm duh).
The question what was bothering me the whole video... how much of what is shown here gonna make it to release?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
Probably only the concept.
Remember when Mass Effect Andromeda had marketing like this? And Bioware claimed it was all in game footage? How much of that actually made it to final product?

The ideas presented in the footage made it in the game. The exact thing presented in the footage didn't.

This sort of stuff is meant to build hype to see what type of interest they get.

Quite honestly I don't understand why people are so interested in it. The game is going to run on Frostbite. The majority of the stuff they wanted to make for MEA didn't get into the final product because that engine fought back hard on their attempts to get those concepts in. Anthem is going to be on Frostbite too....

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Quite honestly I don't understand why people are so interested in it. The game is going to run on Frostbite. The majority of the stuff they wanted to make for MEA didn't get into the final product because that engine fought back hard on their attempts to get those concepts in. Anthem is going to be on Frostbite too....
But that also means they'll have had more time since then to get those things working. Problem was MEA was the first one to use it, and that meant that a lot of the things like conversation and facial expression systems from the older games made for a different engine had to get tossed out and redone. The result.... they had too much on their plate, same general issue might be here for Anthem, but it's got a good bit more time since then for them to work on and deal with problems so it will hopefully be to less of an extent.

That all said, by all means I do still expect some "downgrades" and stuff as always happens after E3 on the big titles.

Jul 26, 2016
But that also means they'll have had more time since then to get those things working. Problem was MEA was the first one to use it, and that meant that a lot of the things like conversation and facial expression systems from the older games made for a different engine had to get tossed out and redone. The result.... they had too much on their plate, same general issue might be here for Anthem, but it's got a good bit more time since then for them to work on and deal with problems so it will hopefully be to less of an extent.
well yeah if they acquired the people that went through that process from Bioware Montreal or rehired the ones that left after all their work got tossed when the management realized a tough decision had to be made. If the media is correct, then the reason why Bioware Montrel is a ghost town nowadays is because they were moved over to work on Anthem and other properties.

Honestly this game sounds lot like Project Genome or many other indie's goals. An open dynamic world where both low level and high level content exists in the same place. I dunno but I ain't that optimistic they'll pull it off.

1. I think I'm going to get tired of seeing so many cut scenes, I want to play a game, not watch a movie.
  2. There's instanced areas around the map that seemed to be level dependant, not skill based.
  3. I think actual game play starts at 2:54, why miss that mob that's running past you other than being a cinematic part.
  4. The voice acting of friends acting like they're in the universe is cringe worthy.
  5. Why don't they attack the mob at 3:09? Because the fight at 3:43 looks disjointed, messy and clumsy.
  6. Shards, may as well as be crystite, lol, the analogy of Firefall and this is amazing.
  7. Again, the falling mech and the voice of the Scars that sound like Warframes mobs, it's a scripted scene.
  8. I guess clicking a button to destroy a larger mob/ from both Javelins shows it's a point and click adventure.
  9. The random item-roll thing, why do they copy one arm bandits in games than just having it as a loot item.
  10. It looks like it's only 4 player tho and you send invites to join your instance.
  11. It's open world "new stories" scripted areas, that seems to be ok, but also makes the world seem empty.
  12. You see how none of the debris flying through the air doesn't hurt the players when the storm/tornado appears?

Anybody got the time and footage to make a FF video and Anthem audio parody? It's too good to be true.

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
Yeah I doubt most of this will make it.

You always have to be careful when games use the whole immersion thing where players almost act like their the character, that never happens but it still kinda makes you feel like its a better game somehow.

Its a cool concept but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.