Is it a shameless plug if it's in off topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Well, I'm not much a marketer. It's mostly been between my friends and random people on the Unity forums. I occasionally do play tests when I get major components working. Last one was back in October, as I mentioned in the video you linked. If you're going to be putting my game on your website, it'd only be fair that you get an invite to the next one - though, to be honest, I had contacted people who expressed interest to join in last time.
Thanks would be superb, i'd certainly have to hop over for that i hope the site gets done by then i am quite slow at making stuff but then i want things to look a certain way! This time round it will be more you have made good progress and the world of this game is appearing with each development.

Anrothan

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Maybe, but I want to share my excitement about a project I've been working on for over a year now

I have the very ambitious goal of making my own sandbox multiplayer online role-playing game (massively is unimportant). Yeah, I know, there's a lot of those out there these days, but I'm making this first and foremost for me, because all those other games... they just don't have all the features and mechanics I want in a sandbox MORPG.

What is this game, you ask? I call it: The False World (There's a funny and slightly embarrassing story behind that)
What's it about? It's a medieval fantasy that takes place a few hundred years after the gods sundered the known world, as punishment for the wars that the inhabitants had been waging against each other. Governments have sprung up on the 3 continents that resulted from the Shattering, as the event is called, and the governments have apparently not learned from the past. Frictions and distrust is building, primarily due to contention over a chain of islands with fertile soil and mineral deposits rich with rare resources.

You can be anything you aspire to be. Take part in the government of one of the 3 main factions, or gather rare and exotic materials, or use them to craft powerful items, or trade items across the land or even across the sea, or be a mighty warrior out for riches or honor. Discover mysteries that were lost in the Shattering, build and control towns. The possibilities are incredible!
There won't be any pre-defined classes or roles, and everything is based on the skills your character learns, and develop skills through use and training.

For those curious, the development of this game is my wife (art, 3D models, etc) and myself (everything else) and progress has been going fairly well (Except for a few breaks here and there, and the lack of progress since October due to unstable living arrangements on my part)
I post monthly update videos (except for previously mentioned periods of time) on YouTube. You can see the first one here:

I hope I pique the interest of some people, because I LOVE to talk about my project. I've spent a decade thinking about what and how and why. QUIZ ME BRUH!

Edit: Here's the link to the document where I've written pieces of lore: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XDpROfSnbMA5940ExW8jNff2iyrrBBSWeUowabhCloc/edit?usp=sharing

This document is more on the technical side of things:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bS-KQoGFyD9jaZu9MVseD7c-UNIltMXEW71afv_amf0/edit?usp=sharing

I must admit I am very impressed by this. If you ever get this going I am willing to drop a 100 spot in it for ya to help ya get started. I am almost done writing my book and its a long and arduous process, but even if it turns out to be complete poop, just knowing I completed it makes me happy. I hope that is how you will feel with this project of yours :)

Vedrit

Commander
Feb 6, 2017
I've been neglecting the forums.
If you ever get this going I am willing to drop a 100 spot in it for ya to help ya get started
I plan to start a Kickstarter in January, which will mark the official 2 year mark of development. Support, no matter how big or small, is always welcome! And a good luck with your book. A good friend of mine is an author, and I've seen how difficult it can be. Respect.

The funny thing is i walk like this due to my foot injury and neat update vid
Maybe we could do a motion capture session, lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like to think i am good at creating children's books because they have the most pictures and less writing anyways i'd be down for some motion capture bad walks :p

Jul 16, 2017
steamcommunity.com
I like to think i am good at creating children's books because they have the most pictures and less writing anyways i'd be down for some motion capture bad walks :p
I'd like to say I am good as well, but I've only illustrationed one (1) children's book. D:

Anyways, I like the idea of a medieval fantasy sandbox. I enjoy sandbox, and I enjoy fantasy. So this I'm very excited for. I love fantasy lore like sirens and elves and magic and so on. :D Keep up the good work!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yes lets make it soo with chit chats and plans, I like the idea of fantasy stuff too but i also adore the futuristic stuff a blend of both worlds be amazing.

I might not pop by much on discord though i will try when i can!

Vedrit

Commander
Feb 6, 2017
In my ongoing quest to provide update videos that no one asked for, for a game that few are following, I present: TFW Update video for August!

Status
Not open for further replies.