What small game things/features you love?

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Hello There!

Im sure we all have many 'little' things or experiences you like/d from any MMO specifically that just gives you the 'happies' and it enhances your experience. No matter how small it is (eg. fishing), what is it and why? good chance that others also like it!

(For me some of these came from wow classic which reminded me why i love the genre so much)

Buying food/drinks from a vendor within an inn\tavern, idk, you never think about it, but it makes sense right?
also love buying recipes, ingredients, etc

Also inns/taverns, especially large ones, when players are inside them. It gives the cozy feeling other games cant make you feel. the warm lighting, nice music, players socializing, even if they are just RP'ing. The fun of interacting and seing others enjoy spending their time there. (even if they could be out getting better gear)

Location based interactions - want to craft mooncloth? you have to go to a moonwell and stand inside it, now you can craft it. want to cook food? go to an fireplace/oven.

/emote - doing /laugh or other ways to interact, increases immersion and socializing with others even if it is only text
Silv3r Shadow spits on you
Silv3r Shadow questions life
Silv3r Shadow thanked you
Silv3r Shadow waved to you

Rested xp - I know that if i haven't played in a while, this encourages me to come back and play the game if im leveling.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There are few i like:

When playing some mmos some folks would say hi or spend time but most would rush off and do their thing. I'd like to see more social aspect and also that it could benefit the players some way too.

In firefall they had a dance floor somewhere near Copacabana it was a good way to goof off, dance away and relax with new and regulars. You could get to know them and also the drinks gave some effects i think temporarily.

In warframe having your own place to show is like inviting someone to your house even though some homes are smaller than others you still felt pleased by the effort you made. Also the obstacle course you could create and train its a shame you could not add bots to create your own Challenge event for the masses.

It is like the tv show gladiators in this example you would be your own host of your challenge and they could compete solo or as teams against obstacle bots. Anyways those can be seen on a tv screen outside the main hub or actually having to go to the players place to see it for themselves.

In Global agenda really liked crafting because i was able to create lots for the AvA team & those in focused in the open world raids especially when we needed very special items such as vandals and vindicators to help our defense.

Interacting with people using emoji's and animations is more universal than words sometimes most would know a smiley face or the happy dance etc etc those are certainly worth having.

Party games where just about anyone can hop over and join in even if it was not serious such as wacking each other with over sized mallets and turning them into walking pancakes after several hits for pancake day it is something to look forward to and there are many fun days to celebrate or it could be just mini party games that could be selected in a holodeck like a jukebox but for games.

In firefall i'd take my vehicle and stop for people to hop on it was like a big party tour taxi bus :D we would venture off to random spots while using my vehicle as cover was much fun.
I'd say having some kind of APC that could be used as a tour bus and you could create a fun logistic/transport network if folks wanted to go.

Pet interactions some pets play with the other pets but some may not like the other pets those could be because of certain traits or that the pet has not encounter the player or pet enough to make a conclusion to trust or not. This could also include with the npc as they have to know you better to show their true self and reveal better things.

I like that there could be reputation to build because the more you encounter others the better you improve your reputation these reputations can be lowered by doing things such as ignoring people often and not helping when they really need help. Also betraying npc's by e.g. accident because of the spy tsihu or on purpose.

Not saying to know everyone out there that is impossible if it encourages others because lets say if you are injured and another players pet could sense your down if they are near the area because of all the encounters and reputation you made with the other player.

I think that reputation is also a way to encourage people to work together along side world goals and joining in events may boost reputation too etc. Failing world goals could reduce it to all towards the npc though.