Somethings to make the game feel alive!

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
What if instead of killing everything, players could get some rewards for some “creative” approaches?

Examples:

-In Firefall, players could watch different NPCs factions killing each other, could something like that happens in EM8ER, with players get rewards for intervene in the right moment?

-What if when a player sees a group of TSI-HU, they just follow it without being noted, and when the group summon an invasion (a mini event with 10 or 30 seconds of the casting time of summoning) if the player destroys the summoning artifact and interrupt it, he/she can get some rare resources (not exclusive rewards from that event, like phased ore or something like that that could also be earned in thumping).

-(I don’t remember the max size of parties in EM8ER, but I will suppose it’s 4.) What if some events could improve or turning in a different way depending the player(s) interaction? In thumping, what if players could stack thumpers for extra rewards, for each additional thumper summoned for that event, with a 4-max stack (full party), players could get extra 25% rewards but also 25% difficulty increase, so at max stacks players could get 100% extra rewards but they need to fight a “small invasion”.

What do you think?

DHYohko

Ark Liege
Nov 6, 2018
1) as of right now there are no plans to have human npc's fight each other as it makes no sense in the lore.
2) there are plans so that when you manage to successfully defend your thmpr for long enough you will be able to go through the portal that the tsihu opened and get rare resources.
3) no need for extra thmprs, if you join some ones mining event you get to pick up resources yourself (each player gets there own) and mining encounters get harder the longer they last.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if instead of killing everything, players could get some rewards for some “creative” approaches?

Examples:

-In Firefall, players could watch different NPCs factions killing each other, could something like that happens in EM8ER, with players get rewards for intervene in the right moment?

-What if when a player sees a group of TSI-HU, they just follow it without being noted, and when the group summon an invasion (a mini event with 10 or 30 seconds of the casting time of summoning) if the player destroys the summoning artifact and interrupt it, he/she can get some rare resources (not exclusive rewards from that event, like phased ore or something like that that could also be earned in thumping).

-(I don’t remember the max size of parties in EM8ER, but I will suppose it’s 4.) What if some events could improve or turning in a different way depending the player(s) interaction? In thumping, what if players could stack thumpers for extra rewards, for each additional thumper summoned for that event, with a 4-max stack (full party), players could get extra 25% rewards but also 25% difficulty increase, so at max stacks players could get 100% extra rewards but they need to fight a “small invasion”.

What do you think?
The first one could be good for big several summoning is going on.

The second one i wonder if there will be more different ways to thumpr with different thumpr types
such as the Mek thumpr, traditional thumpr similar to firefall, vehicular thumpr, and auto thumpr where you can send robo thumpr to get some from nearby asteroids etc

E.g.

Thumpr - default size (standard carry)

Micro thumpr - portable meks can carry (limited resource carry)

Team thumpr Max - (Oversized thumpr huge carry and more dangerous of overloading)

Team link thumpr - (Small/Medium size thumpr linked by a beam if one thumpr cuts off all thumprs poop)

Thumpr Bumpr - (vehicle thumpr that is driven and can collect resource must defend driver and thumpr or no resources much more mobile and has 2 boost to go quick but must be used sparingly because it uses resources)

Dec 15, 2016
How about romancing the tsi-hu and start a village about it and grow from there. That’s always a creative approach.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
How about romancing the tsi-hu and start a village about it and grow from there. That’s always a creative approach.
Each interesting story for each biome and even one born out of hatred and chaos and mysteries etc!

I can imagine a biome where Kaiju racers vs meks happen.
Where a journalist of another biome investigates how the different racers prepares, an in depth of the evolution of this prestigious race of the Em8er world.

Its seen that the particular biome was invested to be used for other purposes. Until it was halted, then a group of engineers contracted by a consortium of the race league, began creating the first prototype modular tracks.

Underground routes took way, which had a higher risk and reward with partly lit areas and the rest in darkness.

As a result many fatalities and some spooky stories came to unfold.

Since those times much improved, yet the tsihu time portals occurrence have made the racing more unpredictable. Even blocking with the use of shielding, tunnels, walls etc hasn't stopped this from happening so it become part of the race!

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Few ideas are floating around for non-combat roles for players who don't want to fight / not fight all the time.
- Truck driving. Cargo still needs to be defended, but you might be able to do some evasive driving in a several thousand ton vehicle.
- Base-building/terraformming.
- Fishing. Because it's a Grummz game.
- Farming? Probably a very far off stretch, but I'm sure I heard this at one point. Might have been a joke.

For combat, I'm sure down the line there will be creative ways to slow the invasions by taking down supply lines and sabotaging bases behind Tsi-hu lines. Haven't heard anything.

If I see a SINGLE human/Tsi-hu hybrid, I'm getting the heavy flamer.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If I see a SINGLE human/Tsi-hu hybrid, I'm getting the heavy flamer.
I'd like to give them concussion or a tranquilizer and convert them as my new hybrid pet.
They would be shrunk by 60% to make them less lethal but 60% faster!

I am interested in crafting so that we are able to make things for ourselves or others and its fun to creating something unique.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
What if our OP-AI could interact with others OP-AI from the player or from other players?
And the more they spend time with each other, more things could happen.

Something like that could also happens with pets, they could interact with other pets from the player or from other players, and even interact with the wildlife from the open world.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if our OP-AI could interact with others OP-AI from the player or from other players?
And the more they spend time with each other, more things could happen.
Such as
- Dance with each other
- Make noises as if they are communicating (pet translator could be used)
- If there are pets in teams those pets could form bonds that also support pets e.g. when pets/pilot are down another pet nearby would most likely alert or help depending how strong their rep/bond is to them.
- if there are op-A.I then there be Pet-A.I just like droggo pet and could they interact with each other?
- I think if pets really like or dislike they would show it through their animation too e.g.
Jumping up and down for happy and annoyed would be moving away from you avoiding them etc

even interact with the wildlife from the open world.
They could get closer to wildlife without scaring and as they may be lower profile than pilots/meks they can get intelligence better.

The pets could also help to study other pets as they have more in common with other creatures and this is a way Reapers can study though pets and the op-A.I connection.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
And in TSI-HU temples, our OP-AI could mapping and hacking to help players, while pets could go throught small spaces and trigger mechanisms to open doors and hidden passages.
(Supposing that tsi-hu temples could be full of monsters and puzzles, in a Legend of Zelda style.)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
And in TSI-HU temples, our OP-AI could mapping and hacking to help players, while pets could go throught small spaces and trigger mechanisms to open doors and hidden passages.
(Supposing that tsi-hu temples could be full of monsters and puzzles, in a Legend of Zelda style.)
Pets with some functions and not just to look great or adorable.
I remember Grummz talking about job roles ideas so what if pets could specialize in a certain field specific to pet they could perhaps have a slot and with experience and training improve on that.

E.g. if your pet is to be a treasure hunter and help to sense treasures!!!
E.g. if your pet can carry more storage by training them in the pet gym to build pet strength to carry more resources
E.g. if your pet has battle armor and can survive in very dangerous environments
E.g. if you pet is equipped with tranquiler dart launchers and wearing a type of G-suit ninja outfit

etc etc