Omniframe body part options

Aug 14, 2016
It is no secret that I'm fan of mecha games that give you a lot of customization like the Armored Core games and such. And yes, I'm aware that is meanly a shooter game with lots of guns and things that go boom. But what got me thinking today was what are the options of melee? Yes, we can have the stander swords, spears, hammers, chains, and the like that we as Humans can use. After all, the omniframes use a biofeedback system as part of the controls. But given how they are mecha can we not also design parts for them with a given job?

Using Armored Core as example here. You mech had a number of different arms that do things, some arms had faster movement speed at the cost of armor while some others had more armor at the cost of movement but could hold larger weapons. All standard fare for Humanoid mecha. That is until you keep looking over the list of arms notice that some of arms are just weapons. Yes, you lose the ability to hold normal weapons with this arms but you don't need them when arms themselves are guns. Like the arms with name FINGER that looks like a basic arm until you see that fingers of the hand are machine gun barrels and each finger can fire rounds out of it. Or option to just replace the arms for howitzer cannons.

I was thinking what if we could also do something like this in Em-8er? Where we could replace the more Humanlike body parts of the omniframe with less Humanlike ones. I would like see your opinions on this matter. And I would like see any ideas for a body part you would like to see in the game and how would you use them.

I'll start things off
  • Body Type - Arms
  • Model Type Name - Piledriver
  • These arms was originally designed for construction work. Most notably in the use of hammering in large rods into asteroids and comets to stabilize them so they don't break apart. As well as when exploring large cave systems or digging tunnels to stabilize the walls roof to prevent them collapsing. Once the fighting on planet Em-8er started some of former construction workers and miners found a new use for tool. By using the large amount of kinetic energy they generate to break enemy armor and/or sending shockwaves through the body of the damaging their internal organs.
    • There different models of piledrivers from small rapid fire ones that fit over the hand or inside the hand of omniframes. To the massive ones the size of the whole arm of an omniframe that have much slower rate of fire but have enough power to destroy even the outer hull battleships. You have the option of using a hammer or a spike in the models with the ability jet outward from the tool / body.
It is clear that these types of weapons and arms are designed for close range melee combat to do massive amounts of kinetic energy damage to target as means to ether crash it or pierce it. You can use the rapid fire ones multiple high speed attacks in a row. Great for people who want to try and do things like the 100 crack fist like Ken from Fist of the North Star or making the Ora Ora Ora Jojo memes. While the slower firing ones is great for high risk high reward players who like to do things such as killing enemies in one hit (insert One Punch Man joke here).