Omniframe AI voice pack (Laura Post) for M3 Exclusive Backers (READ POST EDIT PLEASE)

Would you like a pack option for your Omniframe AI voice to be Laura Posts' "AERO" from FireFall?

• Total voters

Kaedan

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Oct 21, 2019
Just building on this post:

So we know that anyone with M3 access (Dollar pack, etc) has Aero's voicepack. Just to hijack this idea, are people in favor of allowing it to be bought separately or added to a newcomer pack(s)?

Personally I got a dollar pack recently (thanks to the OP actually), so I now have access to Laura Post's Aero, but I'm sure there will be a lot of old FF players that "missed the train" on M3.

I completely understand and agree that M3 stuff should stay exclusive, but I think Aero's voice in-particular might be a place an exception could be made (as it's rather iconic of the game that most people will join Ember because of).

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Just building on this post:

So we know that anyone with M3 access (Dollar pack, etc) has Aero's voicepack. Just to hijack this idea, are people in favor of allowing it to be bought separately or added to a newcomer pack(s)?
Unfortunately exclusive is exclusive. Once something is said to be exclusive and then becomes not exclusive no one will trust anything that's labeled exclusive by that group again. In fact, if that were to occur not only is the trust gone but every time said group mentions "exclusive this or that" the community, or the detractors thereof, will list every exclusively non exclusive item the group ever had for any of their games, packs, items, etc. at length. However, if the voice pack wasn't touted as an M3 exclusive, then I'm for it being available again...i.e. part of a Kick Starter pack or something.

FYI - i had to change my vote from yes to no due to the above...lol...trust is extremely hard to get back once lost.

Last edited:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Unfortunately exclusive is exclusive. Once something is said to be exclusive and then becomes not exclusive no one will trust anything that's labeled exclusive by that group again. In fact, if that were to occur not only is the trust gone but every time said group mentions "exclusive this or that" the community, or the detractors thereof, will list every exclusively non exclusive item the group ever had for any of their games, packs, items, etc. at length. However, if the voice pack wasn't touted as an M3 exclusive, then I'm for it being available again...i.e. part of a Kick Starter pack or something.

FYI - i had to change my vote from yes to no due to the above...lol...trust is extremely hard to get back once lost.
After re-reading my post question I definitely Ididn't write the question correctly or clearly. I never ment EVERYONE can get this pack. It was in reference to wanting Laura Post to do her AERO voice for the EXCLUSIVE M3 backer pack, because 1) it's not specifically said she will do that voice accent in the pack and 2) She might be asked to do a new and unique voice for all we know as she has dozens of voices she does and makes new ones all the time.

I will change the question, if possible, OR add an EDIT to my original post to reflect that this is in reference to the M3 EXCLUSIVE pack.

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
After re-reading my post question I definitely Ididn't write the question correctly or clearly. I never ment EVERYONE can get this pack. It was in reference to wanting Laura Post to do her AERO voice for the EXCLUSIVE M3 backer pack, because 1) it's not specifically said she will do that voice in the pack and 2) She might be asked to do a new and unique voice for all we know as she has dozens of voices she does and makes new ones all the time.

I will change the question, if possible, OR add an EDIT to my original post to reflect that this is in reference to the M3 EXCLUSIVE pack.
I see what you mean. I too would like an Aero VO pack for the OF AI. Perhaps for the Kick Starter v/s the M3 pack?

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I see what you mean. I too would like an Aero VO pack for the OF AI. Perhaps for the Kick Starter v/s the M3 pack?
I think my question is redundant now as I asked Grummz during the missile swarm stream if the M3 AI voice pack reward would be Ms Post Doing her Aero accent, and he did day yes to my question but then went on to talk about something else.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
The problem with making things "exclusive" is what happens years down the line in a game's life as more new players join who really want that thing but can't have it.

Remember in Warframe the main reason that the devs created Excalibur Umbra was because Excalibur Prime was only exclusive to founders. But there was about of people asking for a prime version of Excalibur that they can use simply because he was one of their favorite. And other people wanted something like it because they felt it was unfair for founders to have a more powerful version of something that other people can never get. And some time after that the devs had to make the Umbra mods usable to all frames because the founders cried about how Umbra was more powerful than Prime. lol

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The problem with making things "exclusive" is what happens years down the line in a game's life as more new players join who really want that thing but can't have it.

Remember in Warframe the main reason that the devs created Excalibur Umbra was because Excalibur Prime was only exclusive to founders. But there was about of people asking for a prime version of Excalibur that they can use simply because he was one of their favorite. And other people wanted something like it because they felt it was unfair for founders to have a more powerful version of something that other people can never get. And some time after that the devs had to make the Umbra mods usable to all frames because the founders cried about how Umbra was more powerful than Prime. lol
I guess in a pay to win system (ie buying power; which is what the above sounds like to me) that would be a problem. In a cosmetic based system I think peeps would be sad but not upset...at least the vast majority of peeps...there is always someone who just has to b*tch about everything...

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

What made me alittle sad was that prime didnt feel like a prime anymore the umbra had a cool gimick with its warframe able to do things while your in operator mode but apart from that identical almost to prime stats.... Plus i hate that umbra scarf :p

The thing that gets annoying is the constant changes when something gets fun especially when exalted blade was fun now some frames can nuke things and make the game less fun for others it seems destroying things as fast as possible and clearing all and moving as fast as possible to the next is it rush rush rush just make a racing mode for that i guess!.

The meta warframes with most destructive powers just to be nerfed eventually until a new meta appears and the cycle goes on and changes to this mechanic with melee rework etc and stats dont work as it used to so confusing and a pain etc etc. :O

So i am left waddling with my utilities to finish off the left overs or just avoid them with stealth hmm
Means i can go look for treasure and then random team can finish and wait for me because i dont want to rush you get the chopper i am treasure hunting!

So in a way i think they bent backwards to please the players who complained but the exclusiveness of the prime well its not there anymore.

Unfortunately exclusive is exclusive. Once something is said to be exclusive and then becomes not exclusive no one will trust anything that's labeled exclusive by that group again. In fact, if that were to occur not only is the trust gone
This is very true

Aug 14, 2016
What made me alittle sad was that prime didnt feel like a prime anymore the umbra had a cool gimick with its warframe able to do things while your in operator mode but apart from that identical almost to prime stats.... Plus i hate that umbra scarf :p

The thing that gets annoying is the constant changes when something gets fun especially when exalted blade was fun now some frames can nuke things and make the game less fun for others it seems destroying things as fast as possible and clearing all and moving as fast as possible to the next is it rush rush rush just make a racing mode for that i guess!.

The meta warframes with most destructive powers just to be nerfed eventually until a new meta appears and the cycle goes on and changes to this mechanic with melee rework etc and stats dont work as it used to so confusing and a pain etc etc. :O

So i am left waddling with my utilities to finish off the left overs or just avoid them with stealth hmm
Means i can go look for treasure and then random team can finish and wait for me because i dont want to rush you get the chopper i am treasure hunting!

So in a way i think they bent backwards to please the players who complained but the exclusiveness of the prime well its not there anymore.
I'm one of the people who does play warframe as if I'm a ninja. I use stealth, never set off alarms, and try to kill things without the other enemies in the area noticing. Some people look at me crazy for playing the game that way, but it does give me time to notice things about the game others might miss rushing all the time. Plus the game rewards you for doing things like that. You get far more exp for taking stealth scans and doing stealth skills than you would from killing when while they are aware of you. In the old days of the game you also go slightly better rewards for never doing things like not letting the energy be alerted and stuff.

But than again, I'm also the type of people who can beat games like Deus Ex and Metal Gear without killing anyone (outside of the people the game forces me to kill. Like some bosses.). So to me, yea it is fun to clear missions without anyone dying. Because how can I call myself the "good guy" when I have a higher body count than all the "bad guys" combined? lol

Aug 14, 2016
Lol, I love that movie.

But yea, that was something that always bothered me about different types of media. Why is this person or group of people the "heroes" when they cause just as much, if not more, death and destruction as the "villain(s)"? Just think about it for a moment. You want really call what we do in most games "good" if you applied them to a real person or world. One key and funny example being just walking into random people's houses to loot things and breaking pots. Or going to so ancient historical places that has high value to the world and destroying it. These things are criminal acts. And in the case of the ancient ruins that is a war crime. But we all, play games happily killing everything in our paths without question and destroying things even if we don't have to because there might be loot in there or because it just fun.

You see, I find it fun to think about things like game logic as if it was real and something like that would effect the beings living in such a world if it was real. Lol.