Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
CHIEF CHAT NOTES FOR MARCH 19, 2021

Main Points
► PvP has been removed! We are not a PvP based game, we’re PvE!
► Tsi-Hu are now shooting back and taking cover!
► Re-launch of Bunny girl animation, coming soon!
► Art Contest for the Waifu Contest winner, “Abby” next week!

General Points
► New animator on the team!
► Working on character scale fine tuning.
► The omniframe pilots are last generation models in the developer test builds. There is a whole new set of male and female models as part of the art pass we’re doing.

FIXED BUGS!
► Polish for Tsi-Hu Grapplers, conflicts with being stuck or infinitely hovering should be fixed.
► Grapplers have been polished!
► Fixed flashing warning "enemy lock" on (not in current build).
► Tsi-Hu will shoot back once they see you (not in current build).
► Predictive fire has been enabled for Grapplers, and Tsi-Hu for their regular weapons (not in current build).
► Improved missile code! (report on “AI Demo” forum thread if there's still some issues).
► Dying while in a menu and unable to do anything has been fixed! (soft locked).
► Planking has been fixed!

Techy Points
► In the new test build, players with NVIDIA compatible cards (2000 series +) now support DLSS!
^ If you don't have these cards, this option should not show up for you!
^ Opening the menu in the game, it should be under the "NVIDIA DLSS" tab
^ It may not show up on restart, but shows up when menu is open, if there's any issues report on the “AI Demo” forum thread!
► The more players there are, the more Tsi-Hu and rifts spawn!
► Builds are based off a combination of c++ code and blueprints.
► Missiles are spawned in from server, not local side
► Tsi-Hu do not react to damage (but have sight sense)

Specific Requests for Community Feedback
► Tsi-Hu do not have a hit scan weapons, they have projectile based weapons.
^ Seeing bullets vs. bullets with effects with a scan if they hit.
^ We’re interested in the community’s feedback on this! (post feedback on the “AI Demo” forum thread!)

► Let us know if you prefer to see bullets and be able to dodge them.
^ Leave your preferences on the “AI Demo” forum thread!
► Your feedback is tremendously important. Please leave us your feedback on
the forum thread.
^ Let us know how to reproduce the bugs found during the livestream.

“AI Demo” Thread:
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/chief-chat-and-new-tsihu-fight-back-demo-build-drops-this-friday-2-pm-p-d-t-march-19th-2021.1920

Future Plans
► Higher quality resources increase stats, lower quality lower stats.
► Modules slot into weapons.
► 2 levels of crafting (basic & advanced).
► When Tsi-Hu spawn in rifts, some of their world’s terrain may phase in around the rifts.
► Tsi-Hu spawning near T.H.M.P.R.s for mining encounter.
► Light frame will be in Playable Mockup.
► Model for heavy omniframe playable heavy at 1500 subs!
► Grapplers are planned to stun players, now you just explode, but that will be replaced by being stunned.
► Weapons are not balanced yet!
► Dueling is being planned for a return!
► Tuning AI with behaviors (details with a walk mode, firing, and melee attacks).
► Coming up SOON: relaunch of the animation of the Bunny Girl (3D Model).
^ Grummz said: “You gave us some good feedback. How you'd like to see a less wooden face and some more interesting dance moves. We'll be releasing that pretty soon.”
► Time to work on our AI systems, tuning our weapons now that we have combat.
It's time to get the gun play and AI feeling better.

Quotes
"My stryke is too deep." ~ Ronyn
"Some thanks are in order to Dave Nizuul who worked with me on FireFall" ~ Grummz
"Grummz is a boomer." ~ Grummz
"Props to the CT team for "you need to give people more time to realize there's a demo and not at the last minute." ~ Grummz
"I’ll never say no to testing the stream again." ~ Grummz
"We have less bugs than cyberpunk 2077." ~ Grummz

Thank You's From Grummz!
► Thank you Harry for getting things to work multiplayer!
► Thank you Nizuul for implementing AI behaviors!
► Thank you Community for reporting bugs and giving feedback on the forms!
► Thanks to the Community Team for assembling the bug list!

Community Team Announcements!
► Welcome PartTimeJedi as our newest Moderator!
► Welcome Whisper & Jillian as our newest Greeters!
► Myst is no longer a Greeter because she has been moved to the Hypedration Squad!
► Welcome SaltehBleach to the Hypedration Squad!
► Welcome Skube to the Hypdration Squad!
► Fairyl, our own AI, has been promoted to Community Coordinator!

Community Team Announcements Detailed (quoted from Ronyn, Community Manager):

"We're going to introduce a brand new Moderator today. Welcome PartTimeJeddi! He's been hanging with us for a very long time, he's a cool dude, got a calm demeanor, he's a grown folk. He's the most well-known martial artist in here. He does the kicks. That's right - PartTimeModerator, PartTimeJedi, and full time awesome guy, welcome Jedi!"

▼ ▼ "Greeters are the ones who answer the questions. They have the information. They make sure everybody is clear on what is what. The problem is, there are so many people asking so many questions that we just don't have enough. We're going to fix that. We're going to introduce TWO new Greeters today, right now."

"Let's start with this guy here ... There he is! Welcome
Whisper as a Greeter!"
Now he's brand new so he doesn't have all the answers yet but, he will. As you know, our resident AI, Fae, will get him up to speed. Whisper is a fun guy knows lots of things. And he's a bit of an agent of chaos so, expect some goofy moments from this one."

"And that's not all. And of course our other brand
new Greeter today, welcome Jillian!"
She's awesome lots of fun. Equal parts chaos and keeping us in line. What else can I say? Welcome to the team!"

"I have some interesting news about Myst. She is no longer going to be a Greeter. She is leaving the Greeter Team. It is time for Myst to say good bye to the green. She is no longer green. It's painful. Actually it's not because she is starting up a brand new department called the
Hypedration Squad. You see it's a ridiculous name, it's a combination of Hype (because that's what we do for Em-8ER) and staying Hydrated (and that really means taking care of yourself). So what Myst is going to be doing, is working with some other people to keep bringing all the fun and silly things just kinda rolling on in here."

"BUT, she is not alone. So who else is going to be a part of this? I think every team needs someone to come around and kind of break things. And in our case, we have someone who constantly breaks the demo but finds her way into our hearts. So welcome
Salteh, into the Hypedration Squad!"

"There's one last person. Now has anybody in here seen any Em-8ER videos? Because if you have, you've probably seen them from one specific person. Someone who has helped with the video thing for so long in so many ways, and other things you don't know about, behind-the-scenes. So excellent moment to say welcome to
Skube, joining the Hypedration Squad! Once again Hypedration Squad is all about brining the fun. So you're going to see some fun things coming from them."

"Now, I'm pretty sure there was one more thing I was supposed to do today. What ever was that? Oh, oh. That's right. There's been someone here with me for a very long time, who has put in hour after hour and done so much work... So much work, for this community... That I think it's time she got a promotion. What do you guys think? So, it's time that our favorite AI left the green behind. And jumped up to her brand new role with her very own color. And she's taken the official position as my second in command who will help coordinate and organize all things that the Community Team does. Hence forth and forever more, welcome
Faeryl as our new Community Coordinator!"

"Congratulations Fae! Well deserved everyone! That was awesome!" ~ Grummz

Status
Not open for further replies.