Getting Social Interaction Right ideas!

Aug 1, 2016
I would do away with smartphone apps and the like, and just add in an actual QUEUE system. As in you can give orders what you want to build after something is finished, and what you want to build after that, and after that. If you wanted you could queue up for an entire month! That way I only have to log in one in a long while if I really feel like playing the game, instead of having that nasty attempt at human efficiency try to get yourself that app and queue the next production the moment the previous one is finished. But why on earth should I even need to log in on time to "queue" the next one if I can actually, you know, queue stuff?

I also feel that the "social" part is often mistaken for "has to be in my pocket all the time". The best social interaction, as I see it, is organic and impromptu teamplay. The type of gameplay where two players meet, barely have to say or do anything to communicate what they want and do it. Then if you feel like it, you should be able to connect with a microphone or chat system with the click of a button.
An example of this is engineers in many games. If an engineer runs up to your vehicle with a repairgun and sticks by you, you instantly both know what is going to happen. The vehicle will attempt to protect the Engineer and allow said Engineer to score some kills if possible, the Engineer will keep the vehicle in repair.

The proposed gestures could be a good part of this, as well as radio-commands. The best teamplay isn't where two players need to be talking constantly to keep each other up-to-date, but when two players only have to use a few words of slang once in a while to pass on entire strategies, maneuvers and enemies encountered.

Last edited: