Answering Tachifrypan's Question: Does Em-8er have anything playable yet?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
TachiFrypan here, . . .cool stuff. . .

Does Em8er have anything playable yet?
As I stated in the other thread, yes, indeed Em-8er DOES have something playable!!

The latest developer test builds are 100-Person Multiplayer builds, accessible on three dedicated servers running 24/7; Sydney (for Pacific/Asia), Ireland (for EU), and Virginia (for U.S.).

The test builds released for backers are proof-of-concept. They're not intended to be full games or minimum viable products, they are supposed to be in-development updates on the game's progress. They will be tweaked and added to building towards the Playable Mock-up.

Every developer build features something different to be tested as compared to the previous build. Testing the developer builds enable the community to give feedback to the Dev Team as the game is being built.

The Dev Team is laser focused on these test builds in order to reach the goal of the Playable Mockup - a vertical slice of the game which will be showcased for the Kickstarter.

Em-8ER Backers get immediate access to developer test builds as they are released.
Em-8ER Monthly Patron Subscribers get access to one developer test build behind Backers.

As far as, How much is playable currently ?

Grummz gave this response recently to that same question.
(Dated January 5, 2021 in the Official Em-8er Discord):
Grummz: Current builds let you:
Play Medium Omniframe
One zone, 100 players
Movement: Gliding, Jetting, sliding
Weapons: Plasma, Assault, Missiles
Bad Guys: Spawning and dumb, but some grapple you out of air. Some are now shooting back at players!
Chat: We have enabled in-game text chat with basic emoji support!
You can get access to the developer test builds 2 ways:
a) become a Newcomer Backer and get the latest builds;
b) become an Em-8er Patron subscriber and get developer test builds, one version behind full backers.

If you're interested, here are two options in order to support Em-8ER and get access to 1 of 2 Developer Test Builds TODAY...

OPTION A - The Newcomer Backer Packs:
https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/5

AND

OPTION B - The Em-8ER Monthly Patron Subscription:

https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/7

If you'd like more details on either option, click on "Show More" link in the orange box at the top of each page.

PLEASE NOTE:
Backers get access to the Current developer test build:
"More FauFau Gliding" (AKA: "Glider Tuning Build Phase 2") **

Patrons get access to the Previous developer test build:
"Glider Tuning Build Phase 1" **

** (The builds named are current as of the posting of this thread)

I hope this helps you and anyone else NEW to Em-8ER wondering the same!! ;):cool:
~ F.A.I.