Alternate Idea for Guilds

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Grummz said there would be 12 houses with subdivisions as guilds. It's an interesting idea, but I feel one that could be expanded on.

Grummz, if you're reading this, you've made no secret of the fact you've been thoroughly enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles X. So have I. In that spirit, I present to you the following idea:

the 12 houses are more than just the divisions of the gatesrider tribe, they also represent different roles within the gatesriders. For instance, one focuses on master craftsmanship (probably more than one for that one, given that there are different manufacturers), one focuses on cataloguing plant life, another on cataloguing animal/sentient life, another focuses on resource collection/management, another is good at building bases, another is good at exploring the world, another is good at research, and so on. I've brought up this idea before in a different context, but it bears repeating in this context now that Grummz has been playing the game.

Jul 4, 2017
what if some of those houses dissolves over time from different problems and/or conflicts and get replaced by player made ones

Aug 14, 2016
If you are going with idea of the different roles per house or branch. Than I would like there to be a group who focuses on being the vanguard group. There whole focus is to be the first once into a new place and making sure it is safe enough for others to follow them. There can be more than one group of vanguards. As some would want to focus more exploring and setting up camps/bases, the people who are pathfinders and trailblazers. While some other people would be more focused on combat being a spearhead group that making holes through enemy lines so the rest of the army can follow them or the group who are dropped behind lines to sabotage things and make chaos away from the front.

In most games I play where there are large guilds and alliances. I often join the vanguard unit. And in multi party raids having a vanguard unit is as important as having a support unit. After all, someone has to run into the room first pull agro and disarm traps to make it safe for the rest of the raid to come in.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I choose the "loot picker upper" house.
Banned for not sharing the good stuff with the other houses. Wait, wrong thread.

If each house has their unique speciality, would it offer any perks to the guilds under their banner? Example, a guild under the 'frontier initiative (base-builders)' can call down a nexus and create buildings for slightly less resources, but the 'omniartisans (crafters)' build weapons and upgrades for less.
What happens if you have a guild under that banner that is differently minded? Would it be correct to assume all houses have their base builders, crafters, shock troopers, etc regardless of speciality?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what if some of those houses dissolves over time from different problems and/or conflicts and get replaced by player made ones
I think in game the houses are part of the world and the Groups we create have are sub division house so could have a house that may overlap 2 ingame houses or so, but may focus more on a selected ... its just how i imagine.

Then again some biomes could have ingame houses more porminant than other biomes perhaps.