Writing Submission

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I enjoy writing as a hobby, though i have not officially published anything at this time. After reading Grummz first chapter I felt inspired to finish and submit my own Em-8er story which i had begun a couple years ago. Like his, it was intended to be a short story chronicling an initial encounter with the Tsi-hu.

-Part 1-

Chapter 1: CLICK HERE

Chapter 2: CLICK HERE

Chapter 3: CLICK HERE

Chapter 4: CLICK HERE

-Part 2-

Chapter 5: CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I enjoy writing as a hobby, though i have not officially published anything at this time. After reading Grummz first chapter I felt inspired to finish the first chapter of my own Em-8er story which i had begun a couple years ago. Like his, it was intended to be part one of a short story chronicling an initial encounter with the Tsi-hu.

Wonder if Hellion is still alive and hiding hmm also this is a good story and wonder how the relationship of the pilots could develop too

It’s been a long time since I have written a story related to Em8er.

I have a current writing project so I haven’t updated the story.
As an rp could it develop to a story hmm and if all the stories could connect including the characters perhaps Vindrax could cross paths with the others from the story Evilkitten/grummz has written in some way.

Like those comic cross over could these stories be part of an Em8er lost files that have scattered in areas recovering the data modules from wrecked omni frames to old buildings etc
They can extend the story to find out much more about the various pilots, their journey/encounters and what was going on at certain timeline etc.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Chapter 2 and its strange tree and room wonder if this tree could be in the game?

Chapter 3 most action but will they survive and escape dun dunn dunnn!

Really liked chapter 2 the exploring and mystery but chapter 3 with its eventful combat got me hyped for how it would be ingame

Great work :cool:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Chapter 2 and its strange tree and room wonder if this tree could be in the game?

Chapter 3 most action but will they survive and escape dun dunn dunnn!

Really liked chapter 2 the exploring and mystery but chapter 3 with its eventful combat got me hyped for how it would be ingame

Great work :cool:
Thanks! It is always nice to hear someone enjoyed my writing. I also enjoyed playing around with some of the weapon idea's. I should note that while not yet specified in the game, all the characters have adventuring suits, not combat suits which is why they don't have much by way of combat abilities.

I am assuming that since the game takes place well after the Tsi-hu have made their appearance that all players would be using combat geared Omni-frames, however prior to that they would be surveying and mining in a lifeless wasteland and so survival gear and abilities would be more important.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I also enjoyed playing around with some of the weapon idea's.
I am interested what kind of unique weapon types there could be from things used as mining tools and converted to be a weapon even alien tech etc etc.

should note that while not yet specified in the game, all the characters have adventuring suits, not combat suits
Ah when you mention adventuring suits is that their work suit some alternative G suit wonder how it would look like?

I am assuming that since the game takes place well after the Tsi-hu have made their appearance that all players would be using combat geared Omni-frames, however prior to that they would be surveying and mining in a lifeless wasteland and so survival gear and abilities would be more important.
Yes that makes sense, and do you think the story you have can be part of the Em8er chronicles
that links well what grummz has written then we can find out missing things from each story that link well together if that makes sense?

keep up the good work :cool:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Added final chapter to OP.

@Pandagnome This was added to the "Notice Me Sempai" for a reason, however it was not written with any oversight from Grummz so I have no idea whether it works with what he has planned for the Em-8er universe. I attempted to utilize all of the information we have to date but did take quite a few liberties with how that information was interpreted.

With that said I would love to write some "official" stories for Em-8er and would be happy if he wanted to use this one. I have set the stage up for several potential story arc's/characters of interest here which might be of interest to pursue. I am not sure if I will do so at this time however without some feedback from the great @Grummz himself.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Added final chapter to OP.

@Pandagnome This was added to the "Notice Me Sempai" for a reason, however it was not written with any oversight from Grummz so I have no idea whether it works with what he has planned for the Em-8er universe. I attempted to utilize all of the information we have to date but did take quite a few liberties with how that information was interpreted.

With that said I would love to write some "official" stories for Em-8er and would be happy if he wanted to use this one. I have set the stage up for several potential story arc's/characters of interest here which might be of interest to pursue. I am not sure if I will do so at this time however without some feedback from the great @Grummz himself.
I like the idea of stories connecting and even cross overs hope there will be a respond to your work and then a better idea how to proceed.

Perhaps we will meet some of these other characters in the game someday and from what grummz mentioned Dragon would be there.

I'll get reading the 4th chapter soon!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Don't forget, as a Kaiju Slayer you can create your own NPC within the game world. It is one of the perks from the Ark Leige tier. As yet I have not heard what sort of limitations there are on it beyond needing to fit into the game world. But still...perhaps you should write a story of your own revolving around a character you wish to create :D I would be happy to collaborate.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Don't forget, as a Kaiju Slayer you can create your own NPC within the game world. It is one of the perks from the Ark Leige tier. As yet I have not heard what sort of limitations there are on it beyond needing to fit into the game world. But still...perhaps you should write a story of your own revolving around a character you wish to create :D I would be happy to collaborate.
Ah must think carefully

He would be a small character like a rocket raccoon with similar outfit
1559869880714.jpeg 1559870053786.png

He runs under peoples legs and is good at hiding also very fast you can find him in
random containers, omniframe junk pile, etc

What is his name? Thunder Panda

Why is he called this? because he is fast and makes loud farts like a thunder !

What is he? A small framed Red panda genetically enhanced in a lab.

How did he come to Em8er? He was created by Scientist specifically to be a pet for the children and family.

What does he do? he can talk and sometimes dance going hyper, if you help him he will help you with clues/items. He likes collecting things maybe he might have something your looking for ?

What does he look like? A Red panda
1559873172138.jpeg

the ideas but i will write a small story eventually i yet to read your chapter 4 ,
must soon.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Chapter 4 was the most intense, it was like being in the conflict would it ever end
the struggles!

Hmm Hellion oneday he will awake would his mind be transferred into the machines otherwise?
Would we ever find the lost data files?

Ah the war room imagining this just like how in firefall they had the holographic area with the globe.

Another engaging chapter :cool:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
LOVE the New Chapter @EvilKitten ! I especially liked the many descriptions and interactions between the characters and their frames. Highlight- Joker and Kittie ..
In the future maybe some more in-depth scenes where we get to see Kittie in action with her frame? Loving the interactions between the characters. That makes me invested in them and want more!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Kitty and the gang are starting to build a base would it go smoothly unless someone interrupts or makes a mistake hmm

I like the idea that the leader of the gang is a non-human i am sure there are humans and other characters of other units too.

Also with regards to the characters a brief background history of the character how they became could be accessed by the OP-Ai and shown some without information or even classified!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Kitty and the gang are starting to build a base would it go smoothly unless someone interrupts or makes a mistake hmm

I like the idea that the leader of the gang is a non-human i am sure there are humans and other characters of other units too.

Also with regards to the characters a brief background history of the character how they became could be accessed by the OP-Ai and shown some without information or even classified!
I've dropped a few hints here and there about Kitty's background, and I will continue to do so with her and the others but I don't want to include an outright wall of history text as that will break up the story's momentum. Kitty is pretty young but definitely has a history. You'll just have to keep reading to find out more :D