Worries about gameplay...

Should there be some sort of competitive aspect to the game?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
whats the point of new weapons and gear if it wont make you more powerfull?
Variety, and "more powerful" can be situational. For example: If you have assault rifle, you might still want to collect a shotgun and a sniper file, as they are different weapons that are also stronger in their respective ranges.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
whats the point of new weapons and gear if it wont make you more powerfull?
WELL, I COULD SAY THAT THE WEAPONS AND UPGRADEABLE GEAR WILL BE THE SOMEWHAT VERTICAL PROGRESSION.
JUST NOT IN THE TYPICAL FORM OF XP AND LEVEL UP.
BUT AS RESEARCH, TERRAFORMING AND OTHER PROGRESSION.

THE MORE WE TERRAFORM, THE HIGHER THE TIER STUFF WE CAN CRAFT.
A TIER 5 WEAPON DOES DO MORE DAMAGE OR HAVE MORE CAPABILITY THAN A TIER 1 WEAPON.

DO KEEP IN MIND, THAT WE CAN ONLY BUILD/REPAIR CERTAIN TIERS AS LONG WE MAINTAIN CONTROL OF SEVERAL ZONES.

BUT I'LL LEAVE THAT TOPIC TO THE PROFESSIONALS. THERE ARE STUFF I MISSED OR FORGOTTEN.
BUT GRUMMZ DID SAID IN CHIEF CHAT FOR CLARIFICATION, THAT THERE WILL BE SOME FORM OF VERTICAL PROGRESSION. JUST NOT IN THE TYPICAL FORM WE ALL KNOW IN THE MAJORITY OF GAMES.

EffusFury

Jan 20, 2018
When I first started playing FF, I killed a lot of time in thumper valley. SniperMatt made PvP unplayable and frankly i just wasn't good enough.
After that I spent more time just roaming around and making my own fun. I had this neat game where you jumped on a Bronto's head and smack it with a scan hammer. I called it Bronto Rodeo Surf!
Best score i got was 3.28 minutes. If you ever tried balancing on a pissed off Bronto's head, you would be quite impressed.

After the game got a couple new paint jobs I enjoyed playing around with different builds. I had about 7 billion years of free crafting time so I really got to play around in the later stages after they released perks and elements and what not. Then I'd just go out and test every build out for different things. Fighting off the chosen was always a attraction of mine, and I was really let down when it was dialed back and more focus was put forward to a questy progression

So i have to say this is what kept me hooked for a while. I had a big sandbox, and I had a lot of toys. I got to mess around, and I got to explore new ways to play. I had freedom, and I wasn't told what to do with it. Not at first anyways