Will Primary Weapons be Dual-Wield-able?

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by Tyler, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Catching up the posts, and while reading one from March there was something that caught my eye (copy and pasted from https://em8er.com/omniframe-gameplay-systems/):

Medium frametypes: Medium frametypes have an additional slot for both their secondary weapon, allowing them to dual wield guns.

What I am little confused about is the wording here: "both their secondary weapon"

Seeing as "both" is said when there is only one thing ("secondary weapon"), it looks like there might be a typo here.

So to clearly state what I'm wondering about, is this post to be "both their secondary and primary weapons", or is dual-wielding limited to secondary weapons only?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Fabricio21RJ and Wyntyr like this.
  2. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Ah thank you. I need to fix that. Requires a little more thought.

Tyler and Wyntyr like this.
  3. Tyler

Tyler New Member

I think Medium frames should be able dual wield 1 handed weapons regardless of the type.
    If there happens to be a 1 handed primary weapon suitable for a Assault type, then let it be dual weildable.
    Though this is being said with very little specific knowledge about the planned weapon system.

4. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

I WOULD SAY EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT HEAVIER AND LONGER THAN A COMPACT ASSAULT RIFLE.

YEAH, GRUMMZ GOTTA PUT IN A LOT OF THOUGHTS IN THE WEAPON DESIGN.

5. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

I would like to see a stun gun so i can stun! and other weapons with non-lethal options because i seemed to love that option because kill kill kill is good but what if we had to capture one of the aliens to a research facility and killing wouldn't be a solution or another what if we had to disable a guard but if they see him missing it would cause an alert etc etc

6. liandri

liandri New Member

I would have thought:
    Light: One medium or light primary, dual wield light secondary (machine pistols for example).
    Medium: One medium or up to dual wield light primary, dual wield all secondary.
    Heavy: One heavy and shield or up to dual wield medium primary, dual wield all secondary.

Having medium frames dual wielding assault rifles would be a little odd in my mind, unless heavy frames could dual wield, say, miniguns or cannons.