Will Primary Weapons be Dual-Wield-able?

Jan 26, 2017
Catching up the posts, and while reading one from March there was something that caught my eye (copy and pasted from https://em8er.com/omniframe-gameplay-systems/):

Medium frametypes: Medium frametypes have an additional slot for both their secondary weapon, allowing them to dual wield guns.

What I am little confused about is the wording here: "both their secondary weapon"

Seeing as "both" is said when there is only one thing ("secondary weapon"), it looks like there might be a typo here.

So to clearly state what I'm wondering about, is this post to be "both their secondary and primary weapons", or is dual-wielding limited to secondary weapons only?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Ah thank you. I need to fix that. Requires a little more thought.
I think Medium frames should be able dual wield 1 handed weapons regardless of the type.
If there happens to be a 1 handed primary weapon suitable for a Assault type, then let it be dual weildable.
Though this is being said with very little specific knowledge about the planned weapon system.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I WOULD SAY EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT HEAVIER AND LONGER THAN A COMPACT ASSAULT RIFLE.

YEAH, GRUMMZ GOTTA PUT IN A LOT OF THOUGHTS IN THE WEAPON DESIGN.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I would like to see a stun gun so i can stun! and other weapons with non-lethal options because i seemed to love that option because kill kill kill is good but what if we had to capture one of the aliens to a research facility and killing wouldn't be a solution or another what if we had to disable a guard but if they see him missing it would cause an alert etc etc

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I think Medium frames should be able dual wield 1 handed weapons regardless of the type.
If there happens to be a 1 handed primary weapon suitable for a Assault type, then let it be dual weildable.
Though this is being said with very little specific knowledge about the planned weapon system.
I would have thought:
Light: One medium or light primary, dual wield light secondary (machine pistols for example).
Medium: One medium or up to dual wield light primary, dual wield all secondary.
Heavy: One heavy and shield or up to dual wield medium primary, dual wield all secondary.

Having medium frames dual wielding assault rifles would be a little odd in my mind, unless heavy frames could dual wield, say, miniguns or cannons.