Which Firefall weapons concepts would you like to see carried to Ember?

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
I made a list of various weapons I think could fit on omniframes. While I took inspiration from Firefall for many of them I did feel like the guns should be a bit bigger/heavier in general. We are using larger exosuits/frames now after all. So something between infantry and armored core, where we can start using small cannons, rocket pods, or things like that.

This all said, I had a bit of inspiration from Unreal Tournament 2004, Warhammer 40K, and some others besides jut Firefall on how to tweak some of them.
Flak Cannon that fires about 2 shell per second, after around 30 feet the shell explodes into a narrow 20 degree cone shotgun like blast of mini explosive projectiles. Shell pierces through targets it hits before detonating for medium dmg.

Assault Rifle, a big solid looking gun with decent accuracy, good rate of fire, and the ability to be used in one hand on heavy frames (maybe medium).

Cannon, fires an explosive projectile at very high velocity, slow fire rate with high recoil that knocks you back a bit when airborne. Four shot reload.

Auto shotgun that fires a rack of giant brick sized canisters one at a time throwing out a truly hellish pile of metal. Blocky and loud.

Electrically fired gun, extremely high rate of fire and semi accurate but only has short bursts before a long reload as you replace a massive brick magazine that's half the gun.

Flamethrower, big long gouts of flame that coat the target area for awhile. Potent but relatively low range and ammo.

Minigun, a gun with a massive ammo drum/pack that fires accurately at range with solid power. Short spin up time, slight hit to move speed/jet speed.

Charged laser, a gun that you charge up, and after three seconds of charge is full, and after four will overheat venting the charge (and ammo consumed in the process). It's a big powerful laser that penetrates targets and produes a small AOE on anything it hits if you maxed the charge, like an oversized Spartan Lazer from Halo. Can be fired before fully charged but does less damage.

Railgun, a large high powered high velocity rifle that when fired can half spin a light frame around if it's airborne but is virtually hitscan and packs one hell of a punch. Penetrating projectile.

Rocket launcher, a large rotary rocket launcher that fires a series of rockets with a good rate of fire and good dmg and decent AOE, but slower than normal projectile and with a small magazine.

Missile pod. A large arm mounted pod of tiny missiles that fires small missiles at a high rate of fire dealing light dmg and small aoe. You can activate the alt fire to give them a laser that the will redirect towards allowing you to steer them after firing. Holding primary and alt fire at the same time will quickly prepare all of your missiles and upon being released all prepared missiles will fire off at the same time towards the point targeted at that time (this swarm can't be steered). It will be relatively slow to arrive as they spin around pointlessly on their path but the swarm will deal considerable damage over a larger area when they arrive after the delay.

Bolt thrower, an industrial looking gun that fires metal rods at targets for high single target damage at a medium rate of fire.

SMG, a "small" machinegun that can be dual wielded even by the light frames with ease. They have a high rate of fire and a decently large magazine letting them shred smaller targets quickly, but they're accuracy isn't great so you'll want to get close to really use them well.

Seismic Hammer, a large possibly rocket/explosive powered hammer that can be slammed into stuff and produces a small AOE wherever it hits (proper collision on the full swings arc, so you can hit multiple targets and not just the one you aim at).

Heavy shield, a large solid shield that goes on your off arm that covers a decent part of your frame from enemy attacks. Shots that hit it deal only 20% dmg or something. Since it will block part of your screen when in first person the inside of the shield has a series of screens that show what's on the other side of it but with a slight visual degradation/staticy look. When equipped your default melee (used if you have guns/ranged weapons normally) will be the shield bash instead knocking back nearby enemies and dealing slightly more damage. Still no hammer or sword, but better than hitting someone with a fist or gun.

Chainsaw, because these will never go out of style. A large thick blade with spinning teeth on it that you can quickly hack and slash with.

Lightning gun, an accurate hitscan type of weapon that hits the target with a bolt of lightning that can ark to nearby targets (so bigger and better than the UT2004 lighning gun).

Anomalous experimental weapon, you honestly don't know how it works or just what's going on, but a weird type of spacial distortion was generated in a lab once that while reproducible nobody could explain just what was going on. Being humans we of course put this tech into a weapon and created a gun that fires small orb like holes in space that upon hitting any solid matter produces a large AOE effect that will ignore any intervening cover and simply harms everything in that area. Slow projectile, short range (aoe/projectile gets smaller as it moves further through the atmosphere) and medium rate of fire. Great for accidental suicides.

Mortar, a blocky and bulky weapon that fires an explosive projectile with a decent arc on it. Very large aoe, medium rate of fire, only three shots per reload with a long reload time.

Mine Launcher, fires pointy mines that embed themselves into the target surface at high speed with a slight arc. Mines explode with a medium AOE upon anything getting close to them. Direct hits deal bonus damage and gib target on death (if applicable). Medium to slow rate of fire, six or so shots. Even with direct hits less DPS than rocket launcher or cannon, but not by a lot and the ability to group up multiple mines offers great utility.

Repair gun, fires a package of repair bots and supplies at the target at decent speed. Upon hitting a friendly it will break apart and apply a heal over time (and possibly some ammo). On an enemy it breaks apart and applies a damage over time. And upon hitting the ground it will sit there with a green blinking light and heal the first friendly that steps on it (ignores enemies now), or disappear after 10 seconds (blinking intensifies near the end to signal time).

Gauss rifle, produces a magnetic field and fires a large concentration of radiation down it. Any surface caught in it's path will be torn apart with the broken up matter pulled back towards the weapon. Produces a distorted shimmer down the line of fire when nothings being hit, and a colored effect of plasma being sucked into it when hitting a target. Fired as a continuous beam, with each second of the gun being held on a target giving back two thirds the amount of ammo it consumed to the current charge allowing the gun to be fired for long periods between reloads if the user is accurate. Medium/short range, decent dmg, medium sized magazine (say 6 seconds of fire) with a medium to long reload time and a large total ammo capacity. Overall solid damage weapon for longer fights but lacks utility do to range, accuracy penalties, and lack of aoe.

Triple Barreled autocannon, fires small explosive projectiles at decent speed with a large magazine and good projectile speed. Very heavy weapon, slows the player.

Chemical launcher. A grenade launcher like gun that fires small containers of toxic chemicals that will explode on contact covering an area in damage dealing corrosive gases and such. Sets up damage over time in the affected areas, can reach out much more than the flamethrower, but has less damage. Weak against mobile enemies that can close distances quickly and get out of the gas since it doesn't apply a DoT on them but only hurts them while in its area. Direct hit with a canister will apply on hit damage and a DoT though.

Burst rifle, like the assault rifle but it fires an accurate burst of three shots each time.

Long rifle, a scope-able rifle that fires an extra high velocity projectile with decent damage and a good rate of fire. Twelve round magazine, accurate on the first shot but needs the player to hold a bit for the next shot to remain accurate do to it's rate of fire and knockback.

PittPyro

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Ark Liege
Feb 24, 2017
Pittsburgh
I liked just about all the weapons from the assault class frame from level one on. I also liked when you could build or modify weapons with items you picked up questing or were rewarded with. Bring back crafting in a bigger way. Bring back the ability to build your own guns in the manner that best suited your playstyle for that class. Want to shoot AOE fire build fire components. Want to shoot plasma build with plasma components. Want to snipe at long range build barrel or round components, and so on. Have skills based on class type but make the weapons unique to the player wants and what best combines with his/her use of class skills.

my 2¢

Alan Jones

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Oklahoma
Voted on poll. I agree with Daynen on most the weapons. Even the use of standard ammo weapons with the fall back of charged weapons sounds nice or some with battery fuel for firing the ammo, eg: electronic weapon firing solid ammo.

Jul 28, 2016
The R36 was one of my favorite weapons in the game. The second was the Engineers Tesla gun. I liked the way it both healed your turrets and was able to attack mobs. But with the Engineer gun, I would NOT like to see it perma attached to the wrist. I would like to see it more as a hand held pistol with a charge pack to the Omniframe or Rifle with Charge clips.

I would also like the Firecat FlameThrower... While most dont like it, I got a kick out of flaming up entire areas and then watching the BOOM of the Fuel Cell combined with the FlameThrower. I LOVE my Pyro attacks.

I was thinking about my Bastion and Engineer as a whole for Ember and I had a thought that I wanted to share. Would it be cool if we had teleport disks that we could 'throw' at a location and it teleports a Turret to that location? Same effect like Firefall but a bit more hand held and physical. We could then work up Blueprints that allow us to have multiple disks attached to our Omniframe.....

EDIT: Ohh yea, I would also like to see the Laser HMG too. Would make a nice weapon canonically with us Drilling with THMPERs n all

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
The 1.3 HMG from the Arsenal somehow made its way to be my favourite weapon in the game. I'd love to see it with three barrels instead, with the primary fire firing fast, and the secondary fire firing slowly with increased accuracy. The sniper rifle for the Nighthawk was nice, but I personally didn't like the explosion after death. Unfortunately didn't get too much of a chance to use all the special weapons, but none of them really interested me.

Outside of Firefall though, pretty much any of the weapons from UT2000.