wheels and stuff

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I saw this video and wondered if the bikes or other vehicles could have sphere wheels?

or these one's with individual spokes that flex and could light up as it spins faster

and these ones be cool on even bots and they look like canisters that could release something hmm

and these not wheels but to hover around in our home city if we have one since mechs are too big
in those smaller confined spaces.

and these different types that can be upgradeable for vehicles by earning point or using credits from the customization area. I like the road-beat wheels where the music waves could flow instant of a horn. You can change the tunes too by unlocking them and collecting.

There was a game it reminded me of thinking of wheels and that was need for speed underground 2
and it was the customization i loved but also the races anyways getting carried away again but wanted to add my thoughts :D

Jul 26, 2016
or these one's with individual spokes that flex and could light up as it spins faster
There is a problem with airfree tires which is the reason why they only exist for heavy equipment like back hoes and tractors or movable lifts. They are horrible driving experience when used as speeds greater than 5-10 miles an hour and their traction can vary greatly based on both the material it's driving on and the load of the vehicle that has them equipped.

Dec 15, 2016
The main problem when using wheels is that it can’t drive over obstalcles unless you’re building a monster truck. Sure they’re cheaper, lighter and faster than tank tracks but they work best on hard surfaces and can’t support heavier vehicle frames like excavators and tanks.

Jul 10, 2017
That depends on the properties of the surface it will be driving on and its load bearing capacity

wheels are mainly designed for roads and surfaces with properties similar to roads

caterpillar tracks can traverse mud and soft surfaces more easily as the tracks disperse the vehicles weight over a much larger surface area.

The walkers in Star Wars like the AT-RT and AT-TE are useful for traversing terrain that wheels and tracks wouldn't be suitable.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
With the discovery of newer materials and advancement in technology wheels could be good but then i like this skimming mode, i still like wheels for some reason :p I know wheels wont be used or perhaps they still could i dont know.

So say you have choices of wheels, tracks, hovering, feet, etc the only reason i thought wheels is well the bike and other possible vehicles perhaps as you say each of the different types have their pros and cons depending on the surface/vehicle and mission type you do. Alternatively they could be just for aesthetics to look different for varied customization?

I know there are off road wheels and such like that but i am no wheel expert it just be cool to have more choices unless it complicates things then hmmm

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I saw this:

And I have to say, I do like it a lot more than the bike unlocked at Milestone 3.
Depends which vehicles appear in Em8er. I would guess there'd be military and industrial vehicles only, but I do like that idea.
Imagine if the sphered wheels glowed oooh even holographic patterns or logo of the clan yeah its getting too tronish but i like it :D

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Honestly I don't see much use in having wheeled vehicles, spherical or otherwise. Typically for rough terrain wheels tend to fare poorly. Tanks use tracks, and they are still somewhat limited. I know we are working today on mechanical vehicles with legs which may end up being the future until some sort of hover tech is invented. But for Em-8er I assume we would all be using futuristic hovertech (see my above post for what I'd love to see) with the one bike being a somewhat useless but cool looking nod at FF.