Whats AI you see in last 20 yr gaming can work with Em8r and Why

vadio#5055

Jul 3, 2022
Based need of "Dynamic Warfare pve" Subject in last 2-3 day Grumz come and ask whats you consider good 4x
For moment suggest in fact good 4x but fews min later i realize why he asked it... even 4x somehow can used as baseline for EM8R , alot 4x AI is cheat or not going full work to archive this concept

As usual said EM8R need 3-4 Pillars to make loop gameplay work
1 - Perfomace , none going play you game under 60 fps / or / Bad netcode cant handle connection up 200ms
2 - AI , and this split in special 2-3 section , Individual AI skill , and Faction Logic AI , And Finaly as support system AI
3 - Balance and Scale

On top that you can add Economy , and Above Economy anything else
but hey lets focus in AI

Our First AI need be adressed is Individual AI , Since its Skill Game Shotter we need good AI that realy make Gunplay hard in my head UnrealTournament come in my mind even this day i suffer to win against godlike - 10 difficulty setting
Another AI that come to this category about Alien Insolation

Its nessecary to make gameplay loop engage , in warfronts(its other concept maybe i put another post) if you just zerg down or kill potato npcs whole Player vs AI thing fall a part

Now Second kind AI - Faction Logic
Be insane no imersive and kill switch if enemys just random respaw and come from no where , they need follow same rule as players , need scouts , need sabotage , need thump , refining , craft , assemble troops , upgrade they base etc etc etc and determine whats good base to defend and attack , its why LOGIC , games that i consider pretty decent on this subject

Bannelord - Any people that play this game , know all kingdoms / kings / have economy and you can keep attack supply util they run out and they armr start diminish or give so huge loss next years they army be so weak and taxs in fiefs be so high , that can lead big revolts

Second and no less is Starsector
Finaly X4-Foundation
Other day i linked in discord files that show about everything i describe above....
Any that know read XML files here quick remind is also snippet since for any reason i cant extract original files in this pc... most important stuff here is ORGANIC WAY , Not any kind cheat , only respaw that true happen at Game Setup/Start
*Quick metion to Distant Worlds 2 , and Ai War 2

And Finaly - Cardinal System / Support System / or World Dynamic System
While Individual AI focus in each Model figth
And Faction Rule Logic to meta gaming moving....
This its about make world dynamic , this system its about regulate resource , generate dynamic quests , or "heroes""storys" , Encouters , you name it ... many games have some kind dynamic features going on in fly

Freelancer / Space Ranger HD / Skyrim as you can notice alot game have in some degree

With this in mind , Community let ask for you what kind game you consider have good AI and Why

Aug 14, 2016
I would say the most memorable A.I. I can think of is the one from the Armored Core games. Namely the learning A.i. that was used to make clone of you in the game. The A.i. would take note of everything from what weapons and gear you like to use. But also how often you used them and in what combination you used them in. It also toke note on how you moved. Did you like to stay in place while fighting or run around the place, did you often stay on the ground or used your thrusters to stay in the air, did you like to set up traps for the enemy or did change in guns blazing or did you use stealth? The A.i. toke note of all of that and more so that the more you interacted with it they better it learned how to copy your moves and tactics.

Having an A.i. clone of yourself helping you in large battles was fun. Even more so if you had two different builds so your clone could focus on doing one thing while you did the other. Example, having a missile boat mech that you let the clone use for the mission and have them stay outside above ground near the enemy base to blow up as many things as possible while also being a distraction for the enemy forces, meanwhile you use stealth go deep underground inside of the base to shut down the production factory, copy and steal any blueprints or useful data, setting off a meltdown the base's reactor, and fighting your way back out of the base as fast as possible before the reactor blows up.

The A.I. would also use your play data to build a nemesis for you. An enemy NPC whos skills and abilities get better every time you face off. As you learn their fighting style to try and bet them they are also doing the same to you. Looking for ways to counter you and force you to use different loadouts and tactics as it might have found perfect counters to your old loadout and tactics. So by the end of the game's story this NPC is a real threat to you as it knows your moves and how to counter them. So you have to push your skills to the limit to win and/or come up with a totally new fighting style and tactics that it has never seen before and so doesn't have counters for yet.

I always loves games where NPCs could grow with the player. Be they friendly NPCs who mimic you in like a teacher-student relationship or enemy NPCs who try to stop you and counter your every move. And it wouldn't be all that hard to do something like that in an MMO as some games already keep tract of most of things that a player does. Like your most used weapons, your most used attacks/skills, how many enemies you killed and what type of enemies you killed, how much damage to did and what type of damage, how much damage you taken and how many times you died, how many times you healed or revived other people and how many times other people have healed or revived you, and so on. All it would take is for the devs of those game to just add in a learning A.I. to the game and make a special NPCs for the A.I. to use, be they friend or foe or frenemy.

Here is also another usage of player clones in MMOs, although I rarely seen it done. Even without a learning A.I. in the game player clones can be helpful in many ways. Mostly to the people who play at odd times of day do to things like work, so they might not be able to find a group to help them do things. But if the people on your friend list made a clone of themselves then you could use NPC clones of your friends to help you clear missions or farm for things. And to make sure that the system is not abused and broken, you can only call on the clones of people who are offline. Because if they are online why not just ask them for help? And only MMO that I can think of at the moment does this is Phantasy Star Online 2, where can use clones of the people on your friend list and in your guild to help you in battles. Or even just normal NPCs who you befriended to help you.

As one of the people who often plays games at odd hours of the day. I'm some time like the only one in that part of the game world who is awake and the few other people who might be online too are off doing their own thing in different maps. It is not that I want to play alone as much as I'm forced to play alone just do when I'm able to play might also be the slow times for the severs as most players are ether asleep or at work / school. But I still might want to clear some missions or farm for something that I know I can't do alone and have no clue when I'll be able to play next at time when my friends are online too. So games that give you helper NPCs for such things make things go a bit easier. Even if all they are doing is just helping to pull agro away from me in areas that was designed for groups of players to be in all at once. lol

Jul 3, 2022
Well include companion.... can be as well other source for overall gameplay , but in other hands i feel destroy any sense of MMORPG...... i kind against on this idea in overall but i open to support if most player want this kind stuff , i can see where is fit as you can lead small squad something like , where each player control small squad(between 18-30 troops) in 15x15
This kind gameplay can work....

Use of neural network to train AI can be more trick that use usual behavior tree
Behavior tree

When i call for Cardinal System or Ai Director its Support System that enhanced AI Dynamic in world , while Others AI handle Model itself as explained several time

Again all others Video from this channel pretty good i true recomend watch
I Said alot times.... X4-Foundation engine its amazing me they can full simulate between 5000-12000 ships in one single computer , trade , pathing , figth , and same time can process Faction logic , scout , assesment , economy analys, build new factor , set up patrols , warfleets , trade convoy etc etc and all production modules from all station , i can easy see if all this load is spread between several AI branchs (clusters of hexagong/warfront) its something other game do very well AI-War 2

Ai need be first all good.. none us want kill potatos , second they can cheat but not make obivius , and third need be realistic

Last edited: