What would be your go-to build and why?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
MY DAMN F*CKING NAME IS SELF EXPLANATORY.

YEAH, I'LL DO EVERYTHING. TO GO FULL EXPLOSION STYLE.
MAYBE A 'LIL ENGITARD/MECHANICRAP TO REPAIR YOUR SO-CALLED "TANKS" OR WHATEVER THAT JUNK SUPPOSED TO BE.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
I would have a chronosphere gun. And I would chronosphere people into the air to watch them fall to death. Or chronosphere myself everywhere and just do assassinations with a single pistol

I just like the idea of using mundane utility as a weapon. Things like using shields as a blunt weapon, healing on zombies, using water as a high powered cutting laser, it's just fun coming up with weird weapons

.... OHHH !!! Or a remote-controlled Omniframe! So I could play the game stealthily like the first splinter cells, and when I want to plan an ambush, control my frame from afar ! mwuahahahahaa! ! ! ! !

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
I'm a fire style fighter. Meaning in games I'm the guy who likes to kill things in 1 hit or 1 combo, never blocks because he can dodge and counterattack, does equally while at close range and long range, and I like stealth.

Meaning I like to play as glass cannons who have the ability to use stealth both as a means of attack and defense. And if I do get spotted they have enough speed and agility to dodge any attack (sometimes I want to draw the enemies attention because I'm being a decoy for my teammates to lure enemies away from objectives or into traps).

This why in some games that sniper who also likes to run up enemies and melee them or the ninja who also likes to use the long bow snipe enemies. And in some games, I'm the illusionist who plays mind games able to get the enemies to kill themselves and/or fight each other for me while I sit back and laugh or pick them off with one powerful attack in their confusion.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
i tend to use loadouts that can do a little bit of everything.
different kinds of offense:
one mid-long-range weapon
one short-range weapon
one ability

across these three one can deal with crowds and one can deal with tanks

utility:
a panic button that isn't only that(shield, invis, mobility, cc)
then a support-ability that won't go unused if i'm alone

examples off the top of my head using extremely bland items:

medium suit

assault-rifle(range)
flamethrower or arcing(crowds)
overcharge-equivalent(with rifle for tanks)

shield(panic)
healing ability that also works on me.

heavy suit
mortar(range, crowds)
melee(dps)
wave, pbaoe or shotgun-like damage-ability, preferably with a low cooldown(extra dps and for enemies just outside melee)

fast-movement-ability(panic and to use melee)
shield(extra panic because of melee-style and can be used to revive allies if such system)

would probably use light more for fun than as a go-to. if i don't know what help i'll have i prefer not to be squishy.

HumanTrainingBot

D-Gater
Ark Liege
Oct 26, 2016
For ranged weapons, I prefer mid range. (20-30 meters) Too much happens in short range for me to track and I can't hit anything at long range. Give me an automatic weapon focused on damage instead of RoF and I'll be happy. (right around 7 shots per second.)

For melee weapons, I like high mobility and rapid strikes, so usually a multi-hit combo, assassin type character. Top 3 favorite weapons are
  1. staff
  2. dual daggers
  3. sword and shield.

In either case, some kind of escape ability, resource regeneration, or both. Resource can refer to life, energy, shields, ammunition, etc.

Overall, I want a build that makes sure I won't die for at least 5 - 10 seconds.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Fast or/and stealthy assault (assault rifle/smg). I stay low, take back ways, and hit targets that don't pay attention and don't see me coming.
So average damage/range weapon, light armor, stealth/cloak abilities or enemy revealing/locating abilities.

Genocide-Build! :D
Primary: Assault Rifle/PDW (Primary fire: Rapid fire | Secondary fire: CWA-Grenade thrower (detonates after 4 seconds, leaves a trail and spreads the clouds when it lies still | mounted under the weapon))

1st Skill: Poison Trail (creates a broad trail when i move, the cloud expands if i stay still)
2nd Skill: Shockwave (creates a blast that pushes away enemies and can move poison clouds :D)
3rd Skill: Overload (overloads the movement system and makes me 50% faster for a certain period of time)
Passive: Advanced Filter System (filters poison and makes he user immune against it)

Movement: Ski-like feet

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
My go-to build will depend heavily on the nature and context of the game. In every Armored Core game, I ended up gravitating towards something different because the conditions of the game changed. In AC4, I had a medium-lightweight biped with two light laser rifles. Had enough power to one-shot most trash and enough ammo to get the job done on any mission, even in duels. In AC4A, I ended up with a medium-heavy quadruped with four(count em, FOUR) heavy gatling guns with 2400 rounds of ammo between them, plus a pair of backup pistols in chest storage, due to the need for extended ammo counts in a lot of missions (you actually had to face FIVE--yes, FIVE top-ranked enemy AC's in the final "bad ending" mission on hard difficulty. That takes some bullets.)

So what will it be in Ember? No way to tell until I see the game in action.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
My go-to build will depend heavily on the nature and context of the game. In every Armored Core game, I ended up gravitating towards something different because the conditions of the game changed. In AC4, I had a medium-lightweight biped with two light laser rifles. Had enough power to one-shot most trash and enough ammo to get the job done on any mission, even in duels. In AC4A, I ended up with a medium-heavy quadruped with four(count em, FOUR) heavy gatling guns with 2400 rounds of ammo between them, plus a pair of backup pistols in chest storage, due to the need for extended ammo counts in a lot of missions (you actually had to face FIVE--yes, FIVE top-ranked enemy AC's in the final "bad ending" mission on hard difficulty. That takes some bullets.)

YOU HAS NO DESIRE? GROW SOME F*CKING BALLZ TO PRODUCE TESTOSTERON. AND TELL US HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. AND NOT. WHAT THE F*CKING GAME (<- bad joke, Ember ain't a f*cking game) TELLS YOU.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan

Obviously, but it's fun to imagine.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
I just got another idea!
What about a non-flight(non-wheel too, maybe?) equipped omniframe with a gatling gun system and turret mode for long range accuracy?

You would set yourself up where you can see the most enemies, and you can shoot whenever you please. But if you're squadded with another player willing to run up to enemies and tag them for radar(or manually place recievers), you get a shoot-ahead lead-targeting system for every enemy tagged making them waaaaay faster to target and kill at long range!

....mostly because I'm a huge nerd for military style tactics and don't like playing alone with self reliant characters. Everything needs a character flaw, even metal gear Rex.
In any case, the game isn't even in the proof of concept stage yet, so anything I could come up with might be faaaaar different than what ember might do

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
I just got another idea!
What about a non-flight(non-wheel too, maybe?) equipped omniframe with a gatling gun system and turret mode for long range accuracy?

You would set yourself up where you can see the most enemies, and you can shoot whenever you please. But if you're squadded with another player willing to run up to enemies and tag them for radar(or manually place recievers), you get a shoot-ahead lead-targeting system for every enemy tagged making them waaaaay faster to target and kill at long range!

....mostly because I'm a huge nerd for military style tactics and don't like playing alone with self reliant characters. Everything needs a character flaw, even metal gear Rex.
In any case, the game isn't even in the proof of concept stage yet, so anything I could come up with might be faaaaar different than what ember might do
You mean you want more synergy because different abilities / classes.

For example, in one game I use to play my was pure damage dealer and my friend was a pure tank. Some of the abilities the tank class had didn't really help the tank itself all that much but would help non-tanks, like the defence aura (when the tank puts their guard to block attacks all nearby teammates also get a defence buff). And likewise some of my abilities as a damage dealer helped others more than it helped me, like my bloodlust aura (when I got crit hits nearby teammates got an attack buff or lower cool down times for a few seconds).

In a game with things like guns. Having players be able to paint targets could greatly help long range fights like snipers and artillery players, even more so if they doing things like over the horizon attack (aiming and hit targets you can't see because toy are miles away or they are on the other side of a mountain).

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
You mean you want more synergy because different abilities / classes.

For example, in one game I use to play my was pure damage dealer and my friend was a pure tank. Some of the abilities the tank class had didn't really help the tank itself all that much but would help non-tanks, like the defence aura (when the tank puts their guard to block attacks all nearby teammates also get a defence buff). And likewise some of my abilities as a damage dealer helped others more than it helped me, like my bloodlust aura (when I got crit hits nearby teammates got an attack buff or lower cool down times for a few seconds).

In a game with things like guns. Having players be able to paint targets could greatly help long range fights like snipers and artillery players, even more so if they doing things like over the horizon attack (aiming and hit targets you can't see because toy are miles away or they are on the other side of a mountain).
FOUND A RABBIT. PAINT IT. MARK IT. AND LET MY ENTIRE F*CKING INDUSTRY FIRE ALL THE FRIGGIN ARTILLERY WE HAVE TO OFFER . ON THAT ONE F*CKING SPOT.

I F*CKING LIKE THAT SH*T.

Another idea (since we are kinda at tactical stuff): Shielder
Primary: Carbine (pretty rapid fire rate for SA - can aim down sight)

Skill 1: "Activate/Deactivate" Ballistic-Shield (a huge erm mounted shield with several cm thick ballistic glass (the one of teh crixa lore pls! - like 10-30 cm thick :3) that also got a place for the carbine to shoot through - allows aiming - has limited hp)
Skill 2: Replace shield (replaces the old damaged shield through a new shield - switches the shield mag like - had limited use and get refilled with picking up ammo)
Skill 3: Repair drone (spawns a repair drone that repairs allied MEKs)

I loved to run around in FF as mammoth, so i think many that share the same passion would love this too :3

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Tank/support, I like to take damage for my teammates, being able to shield and buff defence stats, aggro and gap close enemies.
Support and Tank both protect their allies. increasing HP, applying shielding/ damage reduction, leap to low HP allies to protect and reviving. I like to be both of these roles because I have good situational and combat awareness.
I was disappointed on the Firefall 1.6 class change, Removing healing pillar and triage, they were my favorite healing abilities apart from Healing Wave.
I'm exited what Ember will have roles.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
YOU HAS NO DESIRE? GROW SOME F*CKING BALLZ TO PRODUCE TESTOSTERON. AND TELL US HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY. AND NOT. WHAT THE F*CKING GAME (<- bad joke, Ember ain't a f*cking game) TELLS YOU.
I HAZ ALL THE DESIRE I NEED! I'M JUST READY TO ADAPT TO A VARIETY OF PLAYSTYLES UNTIL I FIND THE ONE THAT FEELS THE BEST. IT. DEPENDS. ON. THE GAAAAAME!!! meedlymeedlyMAOWWW!!

Also: "EXPLOOOSIONS???"