What would be a good way to advocate for a preference?

Jul 28, 2016
spiralofhope.com
Imagining there is a feature which I would like. One which isn't already advocated/promised or denied by the devs.

What would be the best way for me to get my desires across?

I think that for anyone to have their features advocated is to write them down, perhaps in a forum post, and bookmark them. Then bump, or much preferably rewrite, a new thread for each game release which indicates the current opinion and strength of conviction.

Then, hopefully, at some point a dev can respond briefly. Even a "good idea, but we can't do that because x" helps settle an idea, or lets the immediate community who are also interested speak their minds.

At some point, perhaps having lofty feature goals could at least be stretch funding goals.

Personally I'm an advocate of ticket trackers, but this is an alien concept for most, and perhaps not needed because of this forum.

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
There's nothing wrong with making a suggestion. In fact, maybe your suggestion could be a fix for a problem that we couldn't come up with ourselves. That's the beautiful part of being a community, we help each other solve problems!