What to expect in the long run

Jan 12, 2023
I know that this is a MEK vs Kaiju based game and I'm extremely excited for the base building and customization of characters and said MEKS. However, is there anything to look forward to in the long term aside from constantly fending off monsters from bases and resource gathering? Like, would we be solving mysteries or taking on team based raids of much larger creatures or nests?

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Not much has been confirmed for activities beyond constantly fending off monsters from bases and resource gathering. All in all, it's too early in development to give definitive answers. Grummz knows the game needs something substantial to keep people playing when they've reached an "end game" state; we'll have to see what he brews up.

We do know the Kaiju will become stronger and stronger the more battles the players win along with some other factors. Players will be able to specifically hunt monsters that they want to fight and gather resources from. The size of the planet will likely have players too busy and spread out to keep everything from being destroyed; there'll likely be a constant rebuilding loop.

We have asked Grummz if players will ever be able to bring the fight to the Tsi-hu. I don't recall what the answer was.

I anticipate these kinds of questions will get answered during the Kickstarter; whenever that is.

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
Endgame content is difficult to make, because it must be challenging for the most powerful players, even considering the meta builds and gameplay, and also have enough variation that the game isn't too boring or repetitive. So I think it's still too early to make a decision about it, but as the core gameplay is being decided, maybe they can also start deriving some ideas for the endgame from that as well.

I am anticipating for that time when our bikes and mounts are made available too!
Also this ^^^