What "survival" games do you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryusien

Jul 29, 2016
What games do you play with survival elements in it? You know... limited resources, high chance of dying, staying alive using your wits, building a customized shelter, etc...

Currently I play Subnautica which is in Early Access on Steam. My main game was Minecraft, but that's gotten boring... I'm also looking into buying Empyrion-Galactic Survival as well. I'd play No Man's Sky AND The Forest, but my video card is too weak apparently...

So, what survival type games do you all play?

edit- turns out my video card is too weak to play Empyrion as well... nuts...

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
I did play Fallout survival (hardcore) mod...but this isnt quite the same.

I will however play Prey for the Gods (Kickstarter still running)....but this is gonna take some time to develop.

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
I've tried ARK, but you definitely need to play on a speed server so it's not so slow. Otherwise you spawn in and dino's and creatures are killing you right away and it gets frustrating. It might be a fun game with friends, I don't know though.

P

PCMasterReece

I've tried ARK, but you definitely need to play on a speed server so it's not so slow. Otherwise you spawn in and dino's and creatures are killing you right away and it gets frustrating. It might be a fun game with friends, I don't know though.
Is it true that in ARK, you can get too hot? because I watched a video of Jim Sterling's where he mentioned it and also wondered why standing in water still didn't cool you down.

I have wanted to play ARK for around a month (haven't got any money for it) but people keep saying it isn't all that great.

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Is it true that in ARK, you can get too hot? because I watched a video of Jim Sterling's where he mentioned it and also wondered why standing in water still didn't cool you down.

I have wanted to play ARK for around a month (haven't got any money for it) but people keep saying it isn't all that great.
They have weather conditions for snow/hot temps yeah and your character UI shows you overheating, but I don't know what it affects (maybe stamina loss and water dehyrdation), I haven't played enough and the UI is not very informative. I never noticed about standing in the water but I assume you need to go to a cool area that isn't hot sandy water, since that will still be hot water. I'm playing solo on my own server with modified settings and just wandering around figuring out the basics. I still find MMO games to be so clunky on a keyboard.

It's still in alpha state in my opinion but it's a survival game for sure. I don't play pvp because people will wreck you and tribes will kill others.

Status
Not open for further replies.