What is Crixa?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Crixa is the tabletop space opera RPG that I've been designing as a passion project. It features custom dice, roleplaying adventures with both characters and personal spacecraft. The miniatures are 3D printable from files we provide from vendors like shapeways or on your home printer. You can also play the starship rules as a standalone miniatures pvp game.

Ember , the video game, is set in the universe of Crixa. To find out more, visit www.crixa.io

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
in the recent year my interest for tabletop gaming has surged, I have spent quite some time hanging out at a boardgame place in Stockholm, and in Tabletop Simulator. My favourite Tabletop games are such game as Battlestar Galactica, and other that sort of games.

What will Crixa be for type of game? Sounds like X-wing? Is that completely far off?

Arasaka

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 26, 2016
MENA
Jul 29, 2016
Suzhou
Tabletop vet here.

Maybe you want to look at MERCS (well not the quality of the figures but the general feel).

Immediate thought on an Ember TT/RPG: Make it 54mm scale, narrative driven and start selling customisation packs (equipment + cards)

Skirmish is the way to go and a lot of Videogamers will be new to tabletop games, so the larger scale will be more impressive, easier to paint and create more impact in the skirmish scene.

Jul 26, 2016
If I may ask Is Crixa kind of like Warhammer 40k/ Age of Sigmar?
this?

I'm guessing it's ... more like

or firestorm Armada

but these games are mainly just combat games. Although some people do try to bring some Pen and Paper RPG stories into these games to try to increase gameplay.

Mark is describing something that will have both ship to ship as well person to person combat + story RPG.

Last edited:

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
Ok so my question is this.... where do we get these "3D files"?! Or are they not even out yet?

I was wondering so I could print off a ship, increase the size, and use it as a reference.

Aug 1, 2016
Ok so my question is this.... where do we get these "3D files"?! Or are they not even out yet?

I was wondering so I could print off a ship, increase the size, and use it as a reference.
I would assume, being still in development phase, the files are not released.

Aug 6, 2016
The hardest part is reaching the tabletop community. I see some on Google+ and will have to post there more often on the game I enjoy.
I'd say consider looking at getting a presence at some of the tabletop charity events and/or cons that exist. They tend to be pretty small scale but I know a few are run across england and especially seem to be fairly common in the bristol area where I am.
Obviously something for probably further in the development cycle of the game though.

Sounds like an awesome idea though =D

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
Had an idea for Ember/Crixa.

I think it would be cool to be able to like when you have your character in Ember, that you sort of get a template of some sort to use that character in Crixa.

Like there is a version of the Crixa tapletop where you can use like an app, that gives you stats/bonus and stuff, dependant on what you aquired in Ember. Ofcourse that version of Crixa needs to be able to handle such thing and still be balanced and fun.

Maybe impossible. idk.

Jul 31, 2016
New Jersey
www.deviantart.com
Yes it looks like that but, 40k or age of sigmar are mainly war only situations and combat tactics with point limited army sizes.

this?

I'm guessing it's ... more like

or firestorm Armada

but these games are mainly just combat games. Although some people do try to bring some Pen and Paper RPG stories into these games to try to increase gameplay.

Mark is describing something that will have both ship to ship as well person to person combat + story RPG.