What I would like to see

MuzikFreq

Jul 28, 2016
Things I would like to see done a little differently.

The Bulky frames to be much more slimmed down. We're talking Future scifi so some things should show for it.

Assault more looking like an assault class. Maybe instead of jet boots but more of a jet pack. I see assault classes being mobile looking while also being front line damage dealers.

Mammoth tank class could be more bulky but also wouldn't hurt to possibly venture into the realm of some sort of plasma shielding to tie into them being a tank class

Snipers were fine and same with engineers. Possibly look into Paragon for an idea on what could change for engineer though wouldn't hurt.

*Gadget from Paragon

As kind of an idea which doesn't break too far from what FF had but cleaned up.

Obviously if the game is going to be what FF was originally supposed to be then obviously it goes without saying that the map should be far far bigger with proper events.

If unable to get the rights to firefall there's other ways to go about thumping which could be used. Possibly something along the lines of drilling which would make more sense since you are farming for materials.
Also with that you could do something like having the high risk big reward by deploying drilling stations in infested caves

Obviously with new engine should come better animations and details.
Voice acting, story, quest systems that make sense, combat mechanics.

NO FLIPPING TIMERS ON CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see some DX12 option and should just standardize the game on 64bit since MS pretty much held all windows 7 users at gunpoint and upgraded their systems to windows 10 which is a 64bit OS.

Better controller support which I would be willing to test and give feedback on as well as others I bet from the community.

depending on style, if going for more detail PBR if stylized shouldn't really need it but does help with lighting.
An example for members who don't know

Would also like to possibly have custom face editor or in general far more face and hair options.

Also no F2P nonsense. B2P with cosmetics ONLY it fine.

There's more to add I bet. Will update this post when I get around to it.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Don't even start that crap here.
Aesthetics alone on the engineer looked better with both leggings. That was all.
Nope. 1 leg for lyfe!

Furthermore, design studies have shown that asymmetry draws more attention to the human eye than symmetrical does. It makes the brain work a bit more to fill in the gaps and is more visually pleasing. Gestalt theory covers this.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2016
1 leg hypuu!
Still, that engi up there does look sweet as porridge.

Maybe 3/4 length shorts with more booty style boots, like gert big 'martins shin kickers.

LayLaw

Jul 29, 2016
Why not both? Costume aesthetics and choice should be up there with face and hair IMO.

Where can I find other renditions like th eEngineer one posted? I'd like to see a Recon in that style.

MuzikFreq

Jul 28, 2016
Why not both? Costume aesthetics and choice should be up there with face and hair IMO.

Where can I find other renditions like th eEngineer one posted? I'd like to see a Recon in that style.
The character is Gadget from Paragon.
Also that would be fine as well for a cosmetic difference being costume or something similar

Jul 27, 2016
It always amazed me that in a lot of MMO's the male avatars were heavily armoured and the female avatars looked like strippers.
Sex sells. Always will, it's built into our animalistic brains.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Stripperiffic

(Some generalization to be used below)
Another thing to be said is that the male figure is not aesthetically pleasing to look at compared to the males. It's somewhat tied to (heterosexual) attraction triggers; men mostly gauge for physical looks in a mate initially, while women find other chracteristics more attractive in mates. Women find physical attractiveness just not as important a quality, it's not a deal breaker like it is for (most)men.

The male figure is shaped weirdly (varies from slim to upper body strength).
Whereas the women have a natural hourglass shape, and curves.

Moral of the story:
You'll never please everyone

Best solution:
Give more options to all, don't take away to avoid offending.

Last edited:

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
I'd still like to see my bulky Dread like frame. I mean he was slow and carried a mini gun so it made sense.

A heavy frame should be just that but there is no reason for all of them to be cosmetically one way or another with no middle ground.
I wonder if a streamlined frame is going to end up as a purchasable cosmetic versus the standard version?

Jul 28, 2016
spiralofhope.com
Things I would like to see done a little differently.
I really like sleek and sexy looks, but I want a shield effect that pops up in the small places where gunfire hits.

There is already a "sleek" concept in mind, described by one dev as "think lamborghini". I found an image which helps me imagine it http://www.lamborghini.com/en/home/#!slide/9364

Perhaps it is an acceptable middle-ground to have fitted armour. Keep in mind the game will be built around mobility and jump packs, and the style will definitely reflect that.

Also, the early concept art poster has our flagship character with low-armour *very* much like what you created.