What I would like to see for ember and you all

EricAZ4

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Hello everyone
So I will start this off with I LOVE the idea of Ember!
IMG_20160810_143054.jpg
The Omni frame is going to be very fun it looks like it will give a new and unique way to play!

But I would like to see Ember be Ember not trying to drag off the heels of another game (firefall) yes I know Ember is trying to be a "spiritual successor" but that doesn't mean it is a new firefall it's a hole new game!
I think we need get a new # for ember and not keep using firefalls

Try #ember_the_game

I think the enthusiasm of you guys is great but you need to direct it in the right place.
Also can we make sure we do not brake any more of the games basic Lines.
like this one "except word of mouth"
2016-08-10_14.19.45.jpg .........
2016-08-10_15.03.39.jpg
That was not word of mouth!
I would love to get more in to this game but there are some big issues

Lets make this community a good one pls

I know this is not going to go over that well but please think about what is there

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
I think the enthusiasm of you guys is great but you need to direct it in the right place.
Also can we make sure we do not brake any more of the games basic Lines.
like this one "except word of mouth"
i do agree with you but i think that you misunderstood him at the same time, that mean that they weren't going to pay add banners/professionals to make yt videos as a form of advertisement, the advertising on firefall forums was done by community members not by kern himself (even thought he didn't tell them no), individuals can do whatever they want with their time/money specially since he can't exactly dictate what to do nor has he any buisness in doing that, what happens on firefall's forums is red5's buisness to manage, if people spam there it's their problem.

EricAZ4

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Alberta, Canada
i do agree with you but i think that you misunderstood him at the same time, that mean that they weren't going to pay add banners/professionals to make yt videos as a form of advertisement, the advertising on firefall forums was done by community members not by kern himself (even thought he didn't tell them no), individuals can do whatever they want with their time/money specially since he can't exactly dictate what to do nor has he any buisness in doing that, what happens on firefall's forums is red5's buisness to manage, if people spam there it's their problem.
Yes that is true but also it's taking advantage of something that is weak

Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
Yes that is true but also it's taking advantage of something that is weak
I agree! Spread the word wherever you can, but I would stay away from posting to other games. If there's a comicon going on in a town near you, print up some flyers and post them around to get the word out (which I'll be doing when I go to my first one in a few months)! Never have been to one before and I've already talked to the event organizers and they said I can post a few, but "don't go crazy". So I'll post them at the major intersections and places where a lot of people congregate (which from what I've seen describes the ENTIRE event)! ( @Grummz , I'll try to help as much as I can :cool:)

I refuse to try and "recruit"/spam on other games unless it's a thread that specifically asks for other game suggestions.

And I do understand what you mean as well. You can't keep others from doing something, but it wasn't condoned either... almost encouraged. NOW that being said... I wouldn't of heard of this any other way so for that I do have to say "thank you :D"!

Jul 27, 2016
Think of it this way.

There was a popular nightclub in town, everybody loved to dance and party at it. Over the years, they had to make some changes. Some were popular, some weren't as popular. People left and returned on a daily basis, but there was a core group that went every Friday to have fun and relax with friends.

One day, the landlord finally evicted the 'owner' of the club, kicked out the crew, and started DJ-ing by himself. And on top of it, he only plays one song.

Nearly everyone hates the new club, and almost everyone leaves. But they walk by it sometimes. One day they walk by, they see some of their old friends standing out front with fliers. It's a new club, founded by the 'owner' of the old one! It's not built yet, but it's everything they wanted it to be back in the day. He's asked a few of the old patrons of the first club if they'd be up for it, and they were so excited for it they wanted to tell their buddies that were left behind about it too.

Nobody was visiting the old club anyway, just a few people who came in after he was evicted, or people too drunk to care. So, they decide to check it out. The old owner said they could walk around as it was being built (obviously not when it was actively under construction) and see if they liked where it was headed. All seemed well and good.

But then some hands went up. "It's unfair to take business away from the old club, or advertise there!".

What business? Most, if not all of the patrons who would be interested in the new one had already left for good, and the landlord was kicking out anyone who complained. Not only that, but we don't even have a functioning nightclub yet. You can pitch in money if you want, and spread the word too, but you don't have to. You can just as well wait for it to be finished before visiting at all.

The old patrons thought they'd invite their friends over for a chance to see their favorite club again.

Crappy metaphor aside, Firefall is dead, and anyone who would actually be interested by Ember isn't playing it. The select few who still play it are, in all likelihood, not going to stop playing it when they find out Ember is a thing. For those people, the servers will shut down before they stop playing.

Not only that, but the entire Red 5 team is out of there. We have no emotional attachment or obligation to the current development team, that being the The9 studio, wherever it may be, working on a mobile game that uses the brand. A lot of us see them as enemies.

So we're not hurting Red 5, we're not hurting the active playerbase (because they'll just tell us to bugger off), and we're certainly not hurting The9. They already did that themselves when they shafted the design of the game.

Old friends of ours that still have accounts might pop in from time to time, and that's the only way to reach them. Those are dedicated players, and they might be willing to see this project through. Is it a little scummy? Yeah, maybe just a little bit. But we're not sabotaging a game, those forums are home to a lot of old friends. We're pulling them out of a collapsing building.

And it's not like we'd be advertising on any other game, nobody there gives a flying hoot.

Last edited:

Luisedgm

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
A petition is closer to "word of mouth" than it is to marketing.
Also Ember will be like the original concept for Firefall, not its current form, the comparison to Firefall is made to describe the game, if the reader know what Firefall was about he will understand Ember quickly.