What happened in Red5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesofre

Jun 16, 2017
Just for fan obsessed curiosity, i want to know what happened during the development of Firefall, that made a great game turn to sh*t. I read that our lord and savior Kern was kicked out of the dev team, and the red ceo started to burn the company money on stuff like cars and such.
I would be grateful if you explain what really happened there.

Jul 26, 2016
Go to Reddit and read through the threads on the Firefall page.
You'll find that quite a few ex-Red5 employees described their experiences there.

It becomes quite clear just how messed up that company was managed.

And Fadedpez even has a twitch recording on the day he and the rest of the team was fired. He talks about how disjointed the development was, how things would get tossed out before it was allowed to mature, how The9 kept pushing to make it like WoW, management kept getting them to toss everything out and redo it.....

I read an article on how messed up Duke Nukem Forever development was at 3DRealms and stuff I read about Red5 feels really similar. I recently read an article about the development of Mass Effect Andromeda and it has a similar pattern of management. It's kinda of depressing really.

Last edited:

kesofre

Jun 16, 2017
welp, The9 kicked grummz out with the lie that he wasted money on a bus, then they took over and wanted to make Worldz of wargunz, trying to kick WoW outta its shoes, which failed painfully and silently. and now The9 sues its partners for moar money.
literally a bus or it means something else?

kesofre

Jun 16, 2017
You'll find that quite a few ex-Red5 employees described their experiences there.

And Fadedpez even has a twitch recording on the day he and the rest of the team was fired. He talks about how disjointed the development was, how things would get tossed out before it was allowed to mature, how The9 kept pushing to make it like WoW, management kept getting them to toss everything out and redo it.....

I read an article on how messed up Duke Nukem Forever development was at 3DRealms and stuff I read about Red5 feels really similar. I recently read an article about the development of Mass Effect Andromeda and it has a similar pattern of management. It's kinda of depressing really.
Can you pass to me some threads links of this? in the thread i found, fadedpez says that the company just keeping shitting ideas(not with this words, but in my interpretation is kinda like it) that simply couldn't be done in the schedule they proposed, and obviously, the dev team couldn't deliver on time and they had to release no 1.6 unfinished.

Jul 26, 2016
Hopefully i will not bei laughed at, but i Like the Bus idea for Marketing. Its Just....rather expensive....
It's not like that idea hasn't been done successfully before in other industries.
It just failed because the fools that took on the project replaced their brains with instant jello. They apparently thought they were creating a parade float.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Corporate meddling and slavery for seven years :)

The9 was actually a problem for red5 for quite a few more years than everyone claims it was. They just like to fight.
- - - - -
Ehh who cares, let their problems die with them.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017

can you link that twitch recording?

Wraithbane

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Guys, we could spend MONTHS going through all of the past posts on various sites, watching videos, reading endless recriminations about who did what to who and when. But what would be the point? The past is GONE.

So is The Tribe, the Red5 we knew, and now Firefall.

We can only hope that those involved have learned from the past, so that the future is better. That is what we should all focus on.

We've just had a great funding run. Lets hope that translates to a great demo, so that the final game can get funded, and designed and coded to match the great Vision™ that we have been presented.

To me, thats all that matters at this point.

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Guys, we could spend MONTHS going through all of the past posts on various sites, watching videos, reading endless recriminations about who did what to who and when. But what would be the point? The past is GONE.

So is The Tribe, the Red5 we knew, and now Firefall.

We can only hope that those involved have learned from the past, so that the future is better. That is what we should all focus on.

We've just had a great funding run. Lets hope that translates to a great demo, so that the final game can get funded, and designed and coded to match the great Vision™ that we have been presented.

To me, thats all that matters at this point.
You Sir sound like a wise man, but this is the internet and wise people don't exist here. Therefore, you are not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.