What definitely wont happen to Em-8ER.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...00-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/amp/

Pretty detailed article right there. Even if the wives/stalking part isn't necessary for it.

I am one that believed hard in Star Citizen and due to the job I had at the time, sunk in $900 personally. (Wish I could sell my account now though)

Crazy how nearly $300 million and over 500 staff strong cant get it done. Not trying to preach on Grummz's approach, but the milestone commitment is just the best. Fund only this much and if it fails anywhere, that much less of a disappointment. If it succeeds, on to the next milestone.

Take your time making things solid, team! The mockup will definitely be more polished than what Star Citizen has put out.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
That does seem like a crazy journey with the star citizen :O

The milestone targets i want to eat it all up... sometimes the impatient feeling gets to me :O but it makes sense and to evaluate the progress.

Certainly hope we will all be playing Em8er someday it will be something!

Jul 26, 2016
i dunno. it seems like that dude is pretty successful. Sure the game hasn't officially launched in the manner that he wants to be, but he is still able to pay the bills and live a pretty rich life.

Reminds me of Elon Musk actually. Though Mr Musk has been able to release finished products out into the world.

Star Citizen is a mmo though. So development time for that is going to be long. Throw in all the stuff they need to accomplish, I respect the time and effort his company is putting in to develop the product.