What are your hopes for fashionframes?

Aug 14, 2016
You knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Post your ideas for fashionframes, what are styles and looks you are going for and why. It can be functional fashion (as in weapons, armors, and other parts that help you do something) or it can be cosmetic or it can a mix of both.

For example for my fashionframe
  • I want glider wings made out of fire that I can also use in emotes. So if say I use the emote Rage, even if I'm not gliding my wings would pop out and flare up.
  • I also want a whip-like tail that ends with a bladed point. The tail can be purely cosmetic, but would love it if I could use it as part of a melee combo.
  • I want an energy rifle ether a plasma gun or a railgun/coilgun that when not in use just looks like a long box with eyes panted on it above an odd zigzag pattern, but when in use the zigzag opens up to make the caliber of the gun and making it look like a mouth with teeth.

For my THUMPER
  • I would like to have different types of drills on it. Like core drill or pile driver.
  • I want to be able to put kick ass sunglasses on it. Something like Gurren Lagann

You knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Post your ideas for fashionframes, what are styles and looks you are going for and why. It can be functional fashion (as in weapons, armors, and other parts that help you do something) or it can be cosmetic or it can a mix of both.

For example for my fashionframe
  • I want glider wings made out of fire that I can also use in emotes. So if say I use the emote Rage, even if I'm not gliding my wings would pop out and flare up.
  • I also want a whip-like tail that ends with a bladed point. The tail can be purely cosmetic, but would love it if I could use it as part of a melee combo.
  • I want an energy rifle ether a plasma gun or a railgun/coilgun that when not in use just looks like a long box with eyes panted on it above an odd zigzag pattern, but when in use the zigzag opens up to make the caliber of the gun and making it look like a mouth with teeth.

For my THUMPER
  • I would like to have different types of drills on it. Like core drill or pile driver.
  • I want to be able to put kick ass sunglasses on it. Something like Gurren Lagann
From the other thread: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/omniframe-build-types-post-your-ideas-here.1186/page-5#post-35919

That's for starters.

I also mentioned tails and whether we could eventually reverse-engineer the capabilities and physical characteristic of more bestial enemies (like the transformed Tsi-Hu or others) and put a tail on our frame that could even be used for melee-attacks and not just cosmetics.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
MY FRAME LOOKS LIKE IT BEEN CONSTANTLY REPAIRED WITH SPARE PARTS AND SCRAPS FROM THE TRILLION BATTLES IN MID BATTLE. ANDTHE HEAD OF A BLOODY RABBIT AS A SHOULDER PAD. NO REST FOR THE WICKED.
EXCEPT THE RIGHT ARM, WHICH IS ALL TIME MAINTAINED ELEGANCE OF HIGH TECH DESIGN WITH A PINKISH NEON LIGHT "SYBIAN" WRITTEN ON IT.

ALL MY WEAPONS WILL MOSTLY LOOK LIKE A TORGUE WEAPON.

AS FOR MYSELF, RIPPED AS F*CK MITH AN MILITARY OUTFIT WITH THE ARMS FOLDED UP. RAY BAN AVIATOR. FITTING PATROL CAP.
AND A CIGAR. IF SOME ONE CAN GET ME A FLAMMENWERFER TO LIGHT IT.
AND NOT TO FORGET THE HEAVY DOG TAG AROUND MY NECK. THE CHAIN IS MADE OF RABBIT TEETH.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Just like in warframe i like the idea of the community putting their own spin on fashion frame then the one's selected can be
made available in the store. Not only that but we get the offical fashion frame too so that gives us more to select from and to get that unique look than a generic standard look.

Personally would like to see things like

Helmets with customizable areas like in kf2 where you can change the face mask individually
and swap a different helmet to mix and match etc etc

Also effects/details such as a glows or dimly lit up circuit patterns that follow the pattern around the whole suit.

What about changing aura's and spawn effects there could be a small lightening storm just before you hit the ground as your spawn effect.
Even a more predator style entrance where you decloak with some funky effects etc etc

Colour pallettes need to be made for a huge range of colours could we have the option to blend colours to make different shades?

The options of having gloss, matte or plain finsihes because options

I like to have various limb/feet options because my mech is not a chicken unless i want it to be a chicken!!
Should guards, chest and even gem guard for protection of your gems

love wings. Even could act as air brakes
Wings definitely could see a whole range of amazing styled wings and those gundam wings look superb!

Aug 14, 2016
I want a mecha what when I go in to glider mode the frame turns into a dragon and my human stands on it's back while flying. This idea comes from remembering The Vision of Escaflowne and how the mecha would turn into a dragon when they wanted to fly.

The mecha normally looks like this,

But then he wants it fly it turns into this.

Kassatsu

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jun 13, 2017
Chroma cat ears on my omniframe's head, to match the chroma cat ear headset my pilot wears. Or gold. That would work too.

I hope most cosmetics come in three (or more) variations: Standard, chroma and limited. Standard being exactly what it sounds like. Chroma also being what it sounds like. Limited would be things like gold, silver or specific designs or even decals available through promotions, limited-time sales (or perhaps have rotating sales in the store) and backer tier rewards.

I should also note I am not a fan of "limited" items only being available one time and then never again - with the exception of indiegogo/kickstarter exclusives, which are just that. Limited to me should mean seasonally available, or on a rotating sale period (weekly or monthly sale rotations on the in-game shop perhaps). Heck I'm not even a fan of seasonal items only being available during that time period, obviously themed items should be released around the time they're relevant though.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
warhammer-style collar/backpack mounted halo
checkered racing-stripes
davesprite-style melee sheathing
mix body-parts asymmetrically
paint different body-parts differently
paint-patterns and decals so the mech looks like it's wearing human clothes.
  • glider-wings that look like a cape and shoulder-accessories that look like sleeves without arms in them (combine to look like a coat worn across the mech's shoulders).
  • harem/hammer pants. maybe just to the knee.
warframeisoneofthemostbeautifulgameseverfightme

Aug 14, 2016
I have a friend who said they like mechas that look like they have been used or have gone through of hardships. So he would like to see things with like battle damage and stuff but they are still good enough to fight. And example he give was like a walking junkyard. A mecha that has had so many parts broken and replaced that almost nothing of the original mecha is lift, everything is bits and parts of other mechas and bits would find on a battlefield after a fight or something you would find in a junkyard.

DiBBz

Veteran
Oct 17, 2016
Somewhere in scotland!
thought this was warframe related but then i realised oh its on ember forums :D

tbh im up for seeing anything besides what we all ready know is customisable. if its one thing on what warframe has taught so many upcoming F2P games is that fashioning your whatever can be really profitable. but the game has to fit that sweet spot for obtaining premium money and effort.

if anything why not have a fully modular mech system in place. you can apply a core part which provides stats and you then have skinning which you can swap the looks of your mech at any time.

if anything i wish for a mech that is part flesh and part mechanical. and that has a deadly howl :p or you know anything warhammer related from inspiration

Last edited: