What are the types of waifus and husbando you want to see as NPCs.

Aug 14, 2016
Yes, this thread is about making a list of waifus and hasbros we would like to see as NPCs in the game. But it also has to do with the story of the game. Because these NPCs could be anything from shopkeepers, to allies in battles, to mission givers, and story / event drivers. And given how there is going to be an Game Designer AI who is going to be controlling the random events in the game. Also allowing that AI to may up random stories around characters would be fun. Because now it is not just go to this random place and do this random thing for a reward. But rather it is go to this place because one of your NPC friends called you over to do something like fishing when some crazy stuff happened. And if the NPCs, both the friendly NPCs and the main enemy NPCS, could flag things about you and remember key things you did for later (Clementine will remember this.) it would make things so much more interesting if those flags are used to change things about the game for you. Like how in some MMOs if you can befriend a shopkeeper they might do things for you like randomly give you free stuff from time to time or give you a massive discount on things you buy from them. Or how befriending a warrior might led them to randomly pop up from time to time and help you in missions or share their blue prints of a signature weapon with you (as it is not uncommon for games to give NPCs gear that players can't have. But in some games if you can max out your friendship with those NPCs they can give you a copy of one of their weapons).

I'll start.
I want one of the NPCs to be a masochistic tank girl waifu who can randomly pop up in missions and help you and you can randomly be called on to help her. She loves to agro most of the which is both a good thing and bad thing. As she can be really helpful to a team, but at the same time she can get a little to carried away drawing way to much attention to herself and you, if you are near her, as she enjoys fighting large swarms of enemies over fighting one-on-one.
My reasoning for this waifu comes from personal experience as most of the best tank players I know are all masochistic in some way or other another. Which works out great for me because I'm main in Damage Dealing, and a good number of the best damage dealing type players are all a bit sadistic in some way or another. lol​
I also want to a waifu who is an explorer and you often find her in odd places in the game or she asks you to meet her in places like ruins, caves, and the tops of mountains. The random events around here are based on you helping her out of place she really shouldn't be in or you helping her look for artifacts somewhere. As a friendly game she might ask you to play hide-and-seek with her where you have to try and find her within the time limit while she trys to give you clues to where she is or you have to try and avoid her until the time limit is over.

What are some waifus and hasbros you would like to see in the game? What kind of events, missions, and/or mini-games they would be linked to?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Waifu [Goofy, friendly, protective. chaotic]

She would be a cross between harley quin and a biker, so she likes to fix things but when she cant fixes things she BOOPS things on the head and giggles :D

I like her to be some what eccentric and yet caring but also have a mischievous side, if you don't help her she could cause more problems for you by OOPS i accidently set the alarm hehehe and skips away :O

Then if your helpful to her she is super protective and sometimes you wonder how lucky you are she likes her big Hammer and bops the enemies happily with a happy face since it delights her so much and fixing things too!

Husbando [Calm, gentleman, stabby stabby, serious]

He would be a cross between Dexter from dexter the series and Sherlock holmes well mannered and a killer :O but a nice killer he has many detective things such as a arm bracer with a scan built into it and carries a backpack to collect evidence.

If your not nice to him he will stab your leg for no reason with a straight face its just his way he copes with stress. If however your nice to him he will give you clues and let you know of something e.g

ah the blood splatter seems to show the attacker was 10 ft tall and had leaped from the ledge on the upper right side, perhaps there is something there hmmm hmm ..... rubs chin hmmm hmm lets investigate!!

Aug 14, 2016
Waifu and hasbro team
These to often come as pair, what one does the other is normally not far behind. They are a brother and sister team who always try to look out for each other no matter what. Although because of the sibling rivalry they have with each other over who is the best at whatever random activity they are doing at the moment they do often get into petty arguments with each other, some times pulling their friends into the argument to act as a witness and/or judge. But no matter how much they fight with each other they will always come running to each other's aid when they are in need of help. The brother is often the more calculating of the two who at times can seem to be emotionally detached do to his ability to compartmentalize his thoughts so his emotions don't get in the way of his tasks. And the sister is more impulsive and though at times it might seems like she is reckless she actually puts in a some forethought into things. They are both kind of thrill seekers although they do act as breaks for each other with the brother focusing more calculating risks and the sister more on different gambits.

The events and mini-games these two are apart of are mostly going to be different competitions and contests. Even if you are in a mission with them or they randomly pop up in a mission to help you there is a chance that they might ask you join one of their bets / games. Often if they are no within direct competition with you they might ask you to pick a side, supporting one sibling over the other for that event or game. If you continuously side with one sibling over this can be flagged and dialog between the siblings and you can change to reflect that. For example an offhand comment by the brother about how you are always siding with his sister.

Aug 14, 2016
Yes, but do you remember the waifu wars of FireFall? Areo vs Fade and so on. If we have good character design (yes, I do count psychology as part of character design) in Em-8er it is only a matter of time before the wars of best girl and best boy start up. Which with enough popularity could also drive the sells of items.

For example, how must money do thing games like WoW and Warframe make off of selling cloths and figurines of characters? lol

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I know we talk about husbands and wives but what if we had brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties,
even grandma and grandpa

Imagine a grandpa oilspill lets call him oilsqueek
He is old but very wise and uses a oversized mech when he gets out he is using his hover chair
like the professor X

he would talk about his amazing adventures and fixes sometimes he would snore very loud but when your in danager he would wake up and wail then cough and start helping

Then there is

Aunty coral she is everyones aunty as most people call her.
She lives near the sea and likes to collect strange objects to put on her wall.
Sometimes if she appears and lets you know that your inventory is full or needs to be organised.

Also

Brother Sam he just came out of prison and talks about his time how he survived the meanest cell of reaper central detention. Brother sam has connection to the outsiders who are a misfit of scavengers.
They could lead you to unusual parts or sometimes you might end up in a pile of turd :O

and

Grandmama Catina
She has a group of cats some robotic others biological she likes to live away from it all taking care of her cats they are her special family she can rely on. She is very handy with pets perhaps you need some help improving your pets confidence Grandmama catina knows but it will come at a cost
maybe she needs you to retrieve some fish like snacks for her cats?

etc etc etc

Aug 14, 2016
Tsi-hu waifus.
That is all.
To quote a friend of mine from years ago when we played a pin-and-paper RPG. "I know she is a sociopath, and tried to killed us so many times, and is trying to summon the god of destruction to end the world. But you have to admit she is hot. And you would like to date her too, if she wasn't trying to you all the time.". I think that is the same logic that would apply here. lol

I know we talk about husbands and wives but what if we had brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties,
even grandma and grandpa

Imagine a grandpa oilspill lets call him oilsqueek
He is old but very wise and uses a oversized mech when he gets out he is using his hover chair
like the professor X

he would talk about his amazing adventures and fixes sometimes he would snore very loud but when your in danager he would wake up and wail then cough and start helping

Then there is

Aunty coral she is everyones aunty as most people call her.
She lives near the sea and likes to collect strange objects to put on her wall.
Sometimes if she appears and lets you know that your inventory is full or needs to be organised.

Also

Brother Sam he just came out of prison and talks about his time how he survived the meanest cell of reaper central detention. Brother sam has connection to the outsiders who are a misfit of scavengers.
They could lead you to unusual parts or sometimes you might end up in a pile of turd :O

and

Grandmama Catina
She has a group of cats some robotic others biological she likes to live away from it all taking care of her cats they are her special family she can rely on. She is very handy with pets perhaps you need some help improving your pets confidence Grandmama catina knows but it will come at a cost
maybe she needs you to retrieve some fish like snacks for her cats?

etc etc etc
Personally, if we do have control over how our personal A.I. unit for our fames, how it sounds and behaves (and maybe look if their are holograms). I already have it in my head that I want my A.I. to ether be a warm loving motherly type, who often acts like a pseudo caregiver because she views her role as being my protector. Or I'll have my A.I. act like child-like going more into the role of little sister / daughter, who often tries to make games out of things but gets upset when she loses. And if the my A.I. can also interact with the M.O.M. (Mission Operations Manager. And side note, is real life job title in places like NASA.) the motherly one might get upset at them for sending me on missions that seem to dangerous and while the child-like one might get upset because they can't enjoy doing things with myself and other pilots like going out drinking after the missions.

I fully support the idea of making characters to full in other roles. And just used waifus and husbandos because everyone knows what they are. At thought just because you might design and view a character to something like a brother or sister and so on, doesn't mean another player won't view them as a waifu and husbando. For example, back in FireFall a good number people viewed Fade as a waifu and someone to date. But I viewed Fade more like a little sister and someone I wanted to protect (Fade needed a hug.).

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Darkness-san?

I want waifu with more emotion in her dialogue, I think that's enough for me. Also, more dialogue.
Not like her. Darkness is what you would called a super masochist. And she takes the idea of all good tank players being masochistic in some way to the extreme. She is more like a character someone would come up with to make fun of tankers. After all, players with a tanking mindset do take pleasure in being able to survive taking a lot of damage, as well as things like being able to draw a lot of aggro and being immune to some status effects. Another example of a joke character targeting tank mains in anime would be Ira Gamagoori from Kill La Kill (more in the early season rather than later on) as his uniform transforms into a diabolical-looking mummy-like bondage suit which renders him invulnerable to external physical attacks while also boosting his strength and size relative to the amount of damage absorbed. And if the enemy doesn't hit him so he can absorb the damage, he just starts to whip himself to get the same effect.

The character I had in mind takes pleasure and pride in knowing there is not much that can hurt her and that she can be a shield for others. She is more like a martyr without the willingness to die. When she was a child she was saved from being crushed by falling debris from a building in police chase by a stranger when the criminals lost control and crashed into a wall. The Image of that person leaning over her to protect her while parts of the building rained down on them is something burned into her memory. So now as an adult she seeks to be that person who protects others, even if it means taking the hits for them. And in training herself to be able to withstand taking a lot of damage she also developed a trait to turn pain into pleasure to help her push beyond her normal limits. As well as the talent to be able to draw attention to herself even in a large crowd of people.

Aug 14, 2016
The only right answer ofcourse:
Aero was our M.O.M in FireFall and she was a Recon unit. On the few times she joined up on mission she would act like a support sniper. Part of what made her a good character is the fact that she had a back story and she interacted not with us (the player) but other NPCs too. Even getting into arguments with other NPCs about things. We even learned about some of she dating history from other NPCs and data pads and the reason why she disliked people from Thump Dump.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
1562058888956.png
Cheetara Waifu she appears and disappears could you keep up with her on the bike??
She likes to run away from men because there is no one who really has kept up with her yet hmm

1562059621560.jpeg Husbando he is very shiny and likes to surf most woman are drawn to him because he is just shiny perhaps like a trophy, he likes long walks on the beach and surfs sometimes he stand still like a statue to avoid being caught because he surfs too much and forgets to do the boring chores !

Abyssalrider

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jan 26, 2017
honestly...I want a husbando that's like Sterling Archer: has an (admittedly earned) ego, sarcastic as hell, smarter than he looks, more skilled than he gives the impression of, and always doing something that *seems* stupid but ends up working out anyway. Oh, and usually has to be bailed out of some stupid situation that your arrival actively made worse.