WELCOME WoW FANS! BLIZZARD SAYS CLASSIC WoW WILL RETURN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
I think Nixxiom here pretty accuretly tells the basic reactions of WoW fans. (The facial expressions were priceless)

The Classic got way bigger reaction than the new expansion. (But then again i was pretty sour seeing Tedrassil burned down like that so that could dampen the "cheer" effect quite alot.)

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Here is some more information about Blizzard and Classic WoW. The video is 1 minute 22 seconds. I've also added a few links to the early articles about Blizzard's announcement (my thanks to the folks who sent them my way):

GameSpot's YouTube video:

PC Gamer article:
http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers

Eurogamer.Net article:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions

:cool::cool::cool:

I never played any form of WoW either. The closest thing I played was WarCraft I, II, and III (Frozen Throne & Reign of Chaos) ... I believe they're considered the predecessors of WoW. Although I think I'm going to at least have a crack at Vanilla WoW; especially if all the cool kids are making guilds to play. :cool::D

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Vannila was the best, easily. Burning crusade was still very enjoyable and had the best raids but from wrath on....meh. was down hill the whole way. No matter what they do, unless WoW goes free to play, I will never even think about playing again. I just wonder if all the original skills will come back. Stance dancing for warrior tanking was the best warrior play, period. Also bring back the original wind shear for shamans please and mana for hunters. I could go on and on. Between monthly sub, expansions and server transfers I put far too much money into WoW but will gladly double that for Em-8ER.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Im seeing abit of a pattern checking these videos out.
"I was abit underwhelmed by the Battle of Azeroth story annoucement"
Then there was the entire thing how WoW doesn't feel like a game anymore. (When Kakio is speaking about the leveling exprience in WoW in its current form)

My suggestion for Vanilla WoW would be that they should make it free for those who petitioned for Classic WoW and for those who have been around for a decade or so playing WoW.
Then maybe some type of interaction between Classic WoW and Current WoW in form of achievements, i wouldn't mind having the keymaster achievement back or the book worm achievement for finding all those keys and books with-in the game. Then possibly a chance to work up those old reputations, return of the old abilities and talents that have been stripped along the way to make the "interfece more clean" while it mostly just crippled some classes/specs for years.
I want a chance to do the Dark Portal opening event and see what it was like.

Edited addition:
Also i have this maybe rather extreme wish of having at least Classic WoW collectors edition. As there wasn't very many Vanilla WoW collectors editions around that or they weren't simply being sold around where i live, so that has been a source of regret for me even though there was nothing i could do about it.
(Minor regret being that i couldn't buy TBC as a physical collectors edition so the WoW collection seems abit limited when it jumps from Warcraft 3 collectors edition to WoW: WOTLK collectors edition. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.