Weapons, weapons, weapons

What kind of weapon focus would you like?

• Energy Weapons (Pulse/Beam)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ballistic Weapons (Chemical/Railgun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
So I tossed a question to grummz in discord that basically amounted to what kind of weapons Ember leans more towards.

Energy Weapons (like pulse rifles, beam, etc)
Ballistic weapons (Good old chemical ones, Railguns)
A mix of both.

I gave him a bit of my thoughts, that it should be a mix of both, having energy weapons be good against armor, ballistics good against shields, or have it dependent on the weapon. Just that there should be variety to appeal to those who like the good old fashion slug throwers we all know, and the sci-fi energy weapons of the future that often show up in sci-fi games.

Kern's response was basically "I hear you on weapon variety and mechanics."

So now I direct the question at the community: What do you think?

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
I just don't see how it's that is even a question, we need guns, MORE guns and EVEN MORE guns!

I'm hoping for a broderlands-esque gun sistem where you get to craft and choose the components of your gun for millions of different results, sure, there'll be meta weapons but as long as you get enough options it doesn't matter if there are a few unlucky combinations in the greater picture!

Anyways wherether it be explosives, lasers, plasma, bioagents, acids, bullets, your trusty revolver or grandpa's old sawn off shotgun bring them on i say!

OziriusSVK

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Slovakia
Hi,some things were mentioned here http://forums.emberthegame.com/threads/weapon-customization.41/

As for my personal opinion I would like to have lots of types of different ammo for any weapon, so you can swap ammo during combat depending on enemy, etc. For example: fire, frost, acid dmg type of ammo, napalm=aoe dot fire dmg, explosive ammo, penetrating ammo, electrical ammo to shock enemy, gravity pull ammo type, etc..
+My main point for this is: it will allow posibility for more tactical combat, and these types of ammo would be mainly from crafting , so it means good way for resources sink.

So to sum up: I want both energy and ballistic.

This is just my opinion, feel free to discuss :D

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
They are chemical (well besides railguns), just because the smokeless powder is in the shell's casing does not mean it is not there.
i edited it out already, in my native language the "chemical weapon" term is strictly for weapons that use acids/toxins and it occured me later that you had a point

Andronakos

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
As a long time Arsenal player I can say that variety is key. I'd love to see some weapon synergy against enemies with personal shielding. Energy weapons against shields, ballistic weapons against armor and flesh.