Weapon Customization

How intricate should Weapon Customization be?

• Drastic Weapon Changes! (Change Bullets -> Ice Needles, Grenades -> Splitting Napalm Bombs, etc.)

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Quality of Life Changes! (Scopes, Grips, Extended Mag, Tripods, etc.)

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • MMO Style Changes! (Find X to increase damage, find Y to increase range, etc.)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • None, just give me a bunch of weapons to choose from

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Give me Firefall Beta's customization

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters

Luisedgm

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Unreal makes it a lot easier for the possibility of custom gun attachments. In the old FF tools, supporting more polygons/texture space on weapons was a huge issue. It honestly couldn’t really be done. Characters had the same issue.

With unreal, we will be building this game from a toolset that already allows for customization, basically out of the box. This is thanks to not only sockets, but how their whole support pipeline for animation/bones/meshes talk to each other is broad to say the least. I don't think a certain level of customization is out of the question. I don’t think taking it at least a couple steps further is out of the question. How deep weapon customization goes is still more than a few conversations away. Pouring out ideas liek you guys do though is helpful. :)

I want to push for customization of both frames/guns personally if I can. Unreal is already set up to do it basically. It's a matter of internal resources, and what the most immediate milestones need to look like.
if it came to engine limitations i would not mind having the model of the weapon stay the same if the shots/effects changed anyways.