Waiting for Embers for it release, Firefall server at coral zone DEAD!

Rio Aria

Nov 18, 2016
I realy want for ember progress fast so bad, so that i can play it :) , since game under Mark's lead I'd always love it. waiting for Ember release i played Firefall, but now my character is stuck at loading screen cause it seems Coral Forest zone is down and lots of ppl have a same issues. and probably this is the last time I play Firefall if it not fix. will wait for Ember to be out.

the start of Firefall becoming realy dead? maybe.
1st coral then sertao then DT, if no one fix it. yeah Firefall will be dead. and maybe Mark can buy it from the9, and bring back Firefall to its former glory :) side by side with ember.

Nov 12, 2016
That's really sad...

But trying to buy the game again to revive it won't work. The whole game would need to be remade again and just about everyone except the most loyal Firefall fans are already scared away by the constant bugs and wipes, so you could never get a playerbase together again. Also, the engine is outdated so a lot of peoply would just never start based on that alone. Firefall is just dead now.:(

Rio Aria

Nov 18, 2016
maybe, who now
there's nothing is impossible
it's currently been remade to Firefall 2 A.K.A Ember lol, count me in. I will play right away, when it comes out

Jul 26, 2016
maybe, who now
there's nothing is impossible
yeah but the people that worked on the heavily customized engine have moved on to other jobs. It not like they can just hire new people and tell them to fix the game instantly. The new people got to learn how to use it properly and that takes a lot of time and money.

Then you got The9.
They aren't interested in selling at the price that Mark Kern set for the code.

That practice isn't new or something only Asian companies do. If you look across the industry, you'll see lots of people/corp/companies that have just shelved stuff away and refused to let it be used or soled because they are using the practice of shelving for other stuff not directly related to programming.

For example...
Descent series of videogames was a 360 FPS shooter where you drove a spaceship around mining tunnels. A bit popular for time period in the past. Shit happens after successes like normal. The coding involved in the game was sold and divided among a bunch of people. Recently a group of indie developers tried to restart the series. So they tried buying up the code after they hit a snag with their own development. They got the name but couldn't get what they needed on the programming side of things. So they had to re-create stuff by their own ingenuity.

Then the devs that actually made the Descent series decided to make the game again. But they slammed into the same snag the other devs hit into. The person that is holding the code for the Descent series is refusing to sell it. So the old devs have to do the same thing the first group is doing.

Last edited:

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
The engine was not capable of a fraction of what we all wanted the game to be. It has imploded so badly it isn't even worth buying for cheap in hopes it can be converted to a better engine. Too much hate was already created. Let FlamingTurd die. I will wait for this game instead.

The engine was not capable of a fraction of what we all wanted the game to be. It has imploded so badly it isn't even worth buying for cheap in hopes it can be converted to a better engine. Too much hate was already created. Let FlamingTurd die. I will wait for this game instead.
The offset forked engine, yes that's a dead horse (curse you Intel!). but the ingame assets and ip are useful to a point. The Chinese servers afaik are working and are being maintained so I don't know the chances of getting it.

Sooo, Ember is new from the ground up.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I realy want for ember progress fast so bad, so that i can play it :) , since game under Mark's lead I'd always love it. waiting for Ember release i played Firefall, but now my character is stuck at loading screen cause it seems Coral Forest zone is down and lots of ppl have a same issues. and probably this is the last time I play Firefall if it not fix. will wait for Ember to be out.

the start of Firefall becoming realy dead? maybe.
1st coral then sertao then DT, if no one fix it. yeah Firefall will be dead. and maybe Mark can buy it from the9, and bring back Firefall to its former glory :) side by side with ember.
you aint the only one waiting on ember. At first I was hoping china will revert firefall back to at least patch 1.3 since patch 1.6 came out. Cause I refuse to play that garbage. I don't have a clue how people stayed around. Then I heard about ember around the time I left and been hoping everything goes well ever since.

Deso

Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
To be honest, thanks to Legion expac to WoW and that fuss between Mark and The9 i kinda lost faith on Em8er. Why?

I have nothing against Mark, just simply Legion got my whole attention, so kinda lost intrest and faith. Why faith? Reason is simple. Look at Warframe, what Digital Extreme made a bullshit, only grind grind and minimum lore. I wish it could be a good replacement for Firefall, but i doubt it will happend even with Project: Genom or Em8er.

Jul 26, 2016
To be honest, thanks to Legion expac to WoW and that fuss between Mark and The9 i kinda lost faith on Em8er. Why?

I have nothing against Mark, just simply Legion got my whole attention, so kinda lost intrest and faith. Why faith? Reason is simple. Look at Warframe, what Digital Extreme made a bullshit, only grind grind and minimum lore. I wish it could be a good replacement for Firefall, but i doubt it will happend even with Project: Genom or Em8er.
minimum lore? how long ago did you play Warframe?
I can't argue the grind... cause well that's always been there, I showed up in that game back during Beta... I haven't played in awhile mainly because I grinded a while after release and got some really good weapons. So good that it killed the difficulty in the game even now, after so many updates. I just don't have the heart to grind more in that game.

Deso

Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
minimum lore? how long ago did you play Warframe?
I can't argue the grind... cause well that's always been there, I showed up in that game back during Beta... I haven't played in awhile mainly because I grinded a while after release and got some really good weapons. So good that it killed the difficulty in the game even now, after so many updates. I just don't have the heart to grind more in that game.
I played for two years, and seriously is minimum lore, but maximum mindless pew pew pew. Quests? Well let's say, most of them don't have big impact generally in lore, that impact started with Stolen Dreams series, which moved forward to Natah, Second Dream and The War Within, but rest?

Wraithbane

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
In regards to warframe and its grind, what else would you expect, after DE was bought out by an Asian corporation? I've played more Asian grinders that I really wish to remember at this point. I've spent more than a 810 hours on Warframe over the last few years (steam).

Its not a bad game (obviously... ^^) but it gets grindy fast. I switched over to Destiny, and I've enjoyed that more. But thats on the PS4.