Wacky quests, in-jokes and more

Nov 2, 2019
Hungary
twitch.tv
Thumper introductory quest.
You go on a short trip in the woods with the questgiver NPC who constantly talks about how the war brought friends and family together while you are killing enemy monsters to reclaim his exploded Thumper parts. Follow-up turn-in quest would proc the dialogue "Don't you guys have Thumpers??", then you get your thumper on completion.

History: Diablo Immortal panel :)

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Some of the requests seem a bit involved requiring many things done to activate. But this is just my opinion and I don't know for sure, I just thought easier , quicker would be more realistic, haha we are playing a make believe game and looking for more realistic. Just my 2 cents. I do see the irony in showing a bragger he is not getting it ( hope I got that right ).

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
A tutorial-area NPC, sort of like Sergeant Dornan from Fallout 2. Would be fun having a stereotypical drill sergeant to scream at the player to get in an omniframe. I know you can't straight up copy lines, but I find the overly angry drill sergeant trope funny in general.

"The truth is you lost an expensive piece of standard-issue equipment. That omniframe is going to come out of your pay, and you will remain in this planet's army until you are 45 decades old, which is the number of YEARS it will take for YOU to pay for the Mark 2 Light Omniframe you have LOST! Report to the armory and have a new suit issued to you, then report back to me, Reaper! DISMISSED!"

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
A tutorial-area NPC, sort of like Sergeant Dornan from Fallout 2. Would be fun having a stereotypical drill sergeant to scream at the player to get in an omniframe. I know you can't straight up copy lines, but I find the overly angry drill sergeant trope funny in general.

"The truth is you lost an expensive piece of standard-issue equipment. That omniframe is going to come out of your pay, and you will remain in this planet's army until you are 45 decades old, which is the number of YEARS it will take for YOU to pay for the Mark 2 Light Omniframe you have LOST! Report to the armory and have a new suit issued to you, then report back to me, Reaper! DISMISSED!"
I don't think this one gets/gives the right feel for Em.8ER (my opine)...but...I still love it!

Aug 5, 2017
UK
How about..a 'finders keepers' type event/game that involves searching for special tokens/objects. Like small tiki torches and when you've collected..like 101 a large tiki torch appears and sets you alight and then rewards you with a small 'bobble head version' you can equip in your frames?