Video Update 9 - Grappling Hooks, Gliding and Glore (er, lore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grappling achieved through encounters with Tsi-hu and their salvaged tech is brilliant. The gliding looks amazing! Nice to see the other things coming together for show and tell videos. And can I mention my opinion on this Garak female explorer being voiced by a certain someone? Because that gets me very excited.
Weeeeeeeell...if she's going to be voiced by Aero's voice-actress, I...don't really think her cute Aero-voice will suit such a purportedly bad-ass character. Maybe if she kept the accent, made the voice rougher, somehow. :)

I'd wanna hear the Aero-voice from an operator, buzzing in my ear, as in FF.

However, I'm not very down with the idea that we can only get grappling hooks by reverse engineering Tsi-Hu tech. A grappling hook should be some pretty basic tech. Maybe the Tsi-Hu tech could add versatility to its uses and strengthen it. Sharper blade attachment. Stronger cable. Maybe gives a whip-like attack with it, eventually. Or if not basic, then it definitely shouldn't need reverse engineerered Tsi-Hu tech to replicate.

@Grummz

Last edited:
Hehe tks. I'll keep trying to improve my "story voice." Dropships would be...pretty dang cool. But we don't have any vehicles planned until post launch. But we DO want more things post launch and a dropship might be one. I would love for it to be a support role and human pilotable...while we are making wishes.
Now, I'm thinking about the gunship you could call in, in Command & Conquer: Generals. And the real-life equivalent. Of course, ours would be more futuristic. But, it could either be an occasional ally, during larger-scale defense and assault events or smaller ones can constantly patrol near bases and a pilot could call in air-strikes (as an ultimate attack or Ember's equivalent of a HKM)and call-down resupply packages, air-drops, from them.

DinsdaleP13

NEW - SHIFTER
Jul 26, 2016
Arizona, U.S.A.
Hehe tks. I'll keep trying to improve my "story voice." Dropships would be...pretty dang cool. But we don't have any vehicles planned until post launch. But we DO want more things post launch and a dropship might be one. I would love for it to be a support role and human pilotable...while we are making wishes.
That's where you're ending your wishes? Man. I wish that I had a few million dollars, and a time travelling DeLorean. But, to each his own.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
This is coming along nicely.
I can't wait to see more :D

btw: is there an ETA on the Kickstarter?
When they can get as much done as they can and when funds get low. Best to advertise when there's solid objects with skins/textured, I think between 6-12 months my estimate. Things will only get better and look better ^.^

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
This is coming along nicely.
I can't wait to see more :D

btw: is there an ETA on the Kickstarter?
Hi @ForsakenSymbiont ! o/

As of yet there is no ETA on the Kickstarter.

However here is what is on the horizon ...

The goal for the Omniframe movement demo, as a reminder, is:

1) Have a human pilot inside a working Omniframe (medium)
2) Be able to walk, run, and do all the basic movements of the Omniframe
3) Get Jetpacks in and have the Omniframe able to jet.
4) Get Gliding in and have the Omniframe able to glide.
5) No shooting, no sound work, no particles or special effects, just the movement and feel.

We have some bonus items for you too that we will share in the video update and in future updates as we get closer to finishing the movement demo that will be delivered to backers.

After that is work on Guns; and then Enemies.

The goal is a playable mockup of a "single player THMPR encounter" (vertical slice) for the Kickstarter (completion date TBA).
After the mockup is finished, the launch of the Kickstarter campaign can begin.

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Hi @ForsakenSymbiont ! o/

As of yet there is no ETA on the Kickstarter.

However here is what is on the horizon ...

After that is work on Guns; and then Enemies.

The goal is a playable mockup of a "single player THMPR encounter" (vertical slice) for the Kickstarter (completion date TBA).
After the mockup is finished, the launch of the Kickstarter campaign can begin.

I hope for some sound effects to go in before then :eek:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I hope for some sound effects to go in before then :eek:
I'm pretty certain that the "single player THMPR encounter" (vertical slice) will have sound effects and much more. The Omniframe Movement Demo is "... just the movement and feel." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.