Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Jul 26, 2016
Got Cyberpunk 2077. It's pretty much what I hoped Deus Ex would become and never did (Did those devs really had to rehash the same plot 4 times in row...).

You get a ton of freedom to do what you want. It's basically a cyberpunk version of GTA. As soon as you get past the prologue that is. Before that you are on a tight leash. And since this is CD Projekt RED I fully expect to never fully complete this game. Just like in the Witcher games, if you ignore the main storyline, there is ton of sidequests and random events or other stuff everywhere.

[edi]t
I have been doing my best to ignore the main storyline which is pretty easy. I really like how this city feels lived in.

Last edited:

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
reinstalled cod mw as i had a small shooter crave.
today they combined the account lv progress of all 3 titles(mw/warzone/blackops) into 1 system including battlepass, so now it dont matter what you play, you unlock mp progression across all 3 titles by playing just 1 game.

ofc that means all mw players are back to lv1 again but you keep everything you had unlocoked before today, so you dont have to do a complete restart.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Made a little tribute video for Dauntless hunting grounds and my favorite sword build.

Qualitiy is getting better as i'm relearning recording and editing (been 4 years) but i also have a really good 1360x768 screen and a cheepo 1080p would feel like a downgrade to me. I can use Virtual super resolution to fix that but for casual recording i'm not gonna bother. It's good enough in this state.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017
UK
BDO again...for about a few days, then got bored again.
Life after the Aftermath...not to bad, just gets a tad grindy (no surprises there then)
Squad - meh!
post scritum...meh after a few hours!
Did some Stellaris! - without much highs. no munchies involved!
No mans sky... again - Tried the new HD settings...need a new card so it seems! held my attention for about 7 hours. - but still has some great landscapes tbh. No need for spice usage there !!
Gal Civ 3 - a few times on/off on the same map - taken a month so far!

Far to much time on my hands - alot more now that UK has been hit with the new Covid 19 'fast spreader' variant...So xmass has been bolloxed, again !!o_O:rolleyes:

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
iron conflict.

WoT/WT in psudo rts setting. you make a formation of 3 units; infantry/vehicle/airplane, where you controll the 3 different units at the same time like an rts with rts camera setting, and take it out in a 10v10 pvp fight.

it is in payed beta testing so early access page on steam.
if you wonder exactly about the gameplay, it feels like the short lived Total War: Arena game.

(it is made by a studio in hong kong so the odd chinese text may appear here and there due its beta status)

Jul 26, 2016
I have been playing cyberpunk 2077 as a corporate ninja that loves her sniper rifle/shotgun. And yet I didn't put a single point in the skill tree for either the sniper rifle or the shotgun instead put it all hacking , crafting & a few in sneak. I acquired double jump and then Boss fights became hilarious. I experienced no bugs and barely ever faced a difficult opponent including bosses. I ended that with one ending and decided to delete everything and try a different style.

I now see all the bugs in the game. Playing as the nomad with points dropped in fist & blade fighting.
It's neat to see the the difference that occurs when you change the background. Unfortunely I wish CDPR made the difference in background choice much more significant than they did.

[edit]
dang... melee fighting in this game is really sucky. How did they go from witcher melee to this crap?
If you are fist fighting, the best thing to do is wait for them to attack and then use the counter system to wreck them. If they don't use melee weapons and mainly use their firearms, you'll wreck them since your fists can stun them. If you don't fist fight and use blades or mantis blades then best thing to do is to ignore the counter system and dodge/attack instead. I only put 3 points in both fists and blades skill trees and the rest in crafting and I'm wrecking foes once I figured that out. Everyone so far is reacting the same way. The only difference between a low threat and high threat is the level/damage output.

oh and why is only the player restricted to using hacks on foes when you are in eye sight of them? If the foes used the cameras in the same manner you use cameras to hack enemies then combat would be a bit interesting. Instead of them being able to attack you with their hacks as if walls/barrier's don't exist. Or if the foes were able to use their friends eyes as alternative cameras to hack you, that would also be interesting. Then the use of flashbang grenades, gas grenades, blinding hacks would be used in more creative ways.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Everspace 80% off on Steam...YES PLEASE!!!

Also, the official news following up on a Diablo II remake from Blizz has my interest. I wonder what Grummz thinks of that due to his history there. I used to always joke when someone had a "steal your soul" comment because I would respond with a "nope...I already gave it to D2"

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I've been playing a couple things or I should say, lots of things.

Not in the order of time spent or when I did them, but in a list:

First, I replayed the original Diablo Hellfire which can be had nowadays and runs if you have the original CD with the files on it.

Second, I did Cyberpunk twice. I really enjoyed that, but one can't replay it more than a couple times. It was really good with a nice story and combat as well.

Third, lots of Fallout 76. I always enjoy Fallouts. It has some real moments like finding the skeleton in the wheelchair upstairs in the ruins of a house with empty whisky bottles about and reading journal notes of how he is waiting for his woman to come back with supplies and he can't get down the stairs... very poignant.

Fourth, I enjoyed Borderlands 3, but once I got some grenades giving lots of cash, I maxxed out everything and somewhat lost interest a bit. It did not seem as memorable as the earlier games - but it sure is good.

Fifth, I have done tons of Red Dead and Red Dead Online. It is marred only by hackers. The realism is incredible with rain washing down rooftops and running of roof edges, snow being pushed out of the way when walking, bonding with my horses... The combat AI is perhaps a little weak, but the experience of living in the West simulation and natural realism is incredible. Barring the hackers...

Sixth, Sniper Elite 4. This is loads of fun. One can snipe from far far away, but one can also play it up close and personal. It has good maps as well.

Seventh, The Outer Worlds has been fun but not sucked me into to it completely.

Eiighth, I tried Outward but the combat seemed to lack luster to make it appealing. It's worth a try, however.

Ninth, I periodically go back into Wolcen.

Tenth, Ancestors the Human Odyssy is really creative and fun. It worked well for me on PC (some say swinging from tree to tree is hard on PC).

Eleventh, Void Bastards has some charm, Generation Zero has potential and continues to improve, Fade to Silence is intersting, Dead Frontier is worth a bit of time.

Twelth, Perhaps the best game for me I have played in ages is Valheim as the Steam Early Access edition. I understand it was out earlier as well. It distills down (at least for me) the very essence of what a game should be and does it right on numerous aspects. My only fear is that their instant success will doom them and they'll dumb it down with floating markers and maps and crap like every other game. I have made pig farms, carrot farms, tree farms... I have had battles with tree trunk weilding trolls rampaging through the forest. The procedurally ganerated worlds are abstolutely amazingly well done. The weather, ocean storms, atmosphere is amazing. It reminds me at times of the Firefall melding. The survival aspect is simple but interesting and a good addition. It seems to me to have simplified many things to perfection - in a good way.

Thirteenth, SCUM is a good game. Don't forget SCUM.

I have been doing lots of early access titles too numerous to mention as well.

Last edited:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Can we bump after five minutes? I am bumping to praise Valheim in particular.

First off, they managed to pack the entire thing into a less than 1GB download.

I can't say enough good things about it, and now that I have played it a bit am totally addicted. I may burn out eventually, but I am nowhere close to it.

PROCEDURALLY GENERATED WORLDS

They let you provide seeds for procedurally generated worlds. The couple I have tried have been truly spectacular in their quality. They are vast and seamless. The procedurally generated little mini dungeons are all well done (small so far only, but with good atmosphere).

GAMEPLAY OVERALL as VIKING SIMULATOR

I love too much about it. It all comes together when I get anguish over possibly setting out onto the ocean to venture to another island after having set up my pig farm and homestead on the shores of my homeland. It sounds stupid, but it makes me imagine what the real people must have thought as they stood on the shore in a raging storm with their little "sea faring" raft and have their warm house and cultivated lands behind them and the danger and unknown in front of them. They were crazy brave folk who got on the rafts! The fact that this can capture that, among other things is remarkable.

Everything (and I mean everything) seems to be simplfied down to perfection. The fact they do it in less than 1GB download helps this, but it is an art and not a science. There is eating food for HP and Stamina distilled down to a simple yet interesting system that adds interest and not monotony. There is simple bow and melee combat that all works well. There is simple building (with snapping not working right yet) that allows for tons and tons of creativity within its simplicity. The storms, fog, wind driven mists, winds winds and winds and rain are all really really well done. All this in the tiny footprint.

FORESTS

The way they do the forests is perfection. Just the right amount of small stuff and huge towering trees that GROW as time progresses which give you a real sense of 3D and virtual world (like some sections of Firefall where the huge trees grew and went into the melding).

Chopping down the trees so they fall on one another can cause a gorgeous cascade of destruction as they break and smash and smash other trees down.

STORMS / OCEANS

The storms are superb and the ocean swells (from land or at sea) are superbly done.

PATHFINDING

Unlike in Ubisoft games where my character always gets stuck on pebbles and twigs, path finding is really really really good both for me AND for the AI. I have only once or twice had and of the critters get stuck. The only exeption is on my pig farm my pigs in the pig pens but heads and can't resolve it sometimes for a bit.

GENERAL ATMOSPHERE

The night day cycles. The weather cycles. The generou amount of Critters. All of it is really really well done.

CRITTERS

The various creatures (and I have but scratched he surface what with pig farming and growing carrots) are really nicely done. Some have backpacks of stone which they throw, trolls are amazing, the AI of the deer is simple and effective... lots of good things here.

Their AI (like everything) seems to work really well. There is none of the "Ooops. I reached my tether bounds, I will rubber band back to my spawn point and regen my HP" behavior. The respond to what you are doing (e.g. If you are smashing your pickaxe or chopping trees where they donj't like it, they'll respond). They attack your base and put it at risk. They attack one another. Skeletons and the Graydwarfs can get (by the world generation) placed next to one another and have little mini battles. The Graydwarfs come out in little bands which remind me of the roving bands in Firefall. The higher levels of the same creature type are visually clear.

The sounds and actions of the creatures tell you their states well...

I am very very impressed.

Just let them stop with the red exclamation point trash!

Jul 26, 2016
Brought MGS5 a while ago (steam sales had this for practically nothing a few years ago) and finally got interested enough to try it.

That prologue is so freaking annoying. It was easy just annoying, Cutscenes, quicktime events and a brain dead hero. It wasn't bad enough that I died, it just told me that I should expect more stupidity in the future. Stupidity that I got to pay attention to because it gives clues in how to deal with the enemies I face. Like the psychic fire monster you face on your own. The cutscenes prior tells the player that you need water to get rid of him. So I lead the dude around while I looked by water stuff I could shoot and when that failed headed to the open entrance doors... then quick-time event with tons of time to trigger it. I guess I'm going to see him again but I dunno why he wants me dead since his partner keeps saving me from everyone. Maybe he just wants a hug.

I remember watching my brother play the other MGS games and he seemed to really like them. I just couldn't get into it and just watched him beat them when I could. As movies or a tv series, I guess I could get into this but as it is? I guess interactive movies ain't my thing. But since I paid the few dollars for it, I might as well attempt to get some progress in it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Brought MGS5 a while ago (steam sales had this for practically nothing a few years ago) and finally got interested enough to try it.

That prologue is so freaking annoying. It was easy just annoying, Cutscenes, quicktime events and a brain dead hero. It wasn't bad enough that I died, it just told me that I should expect more stupidity in the future. Stupidity that I got to pay attention to because it gives clues in how to deal with the enemies I face. Like the psychic fire monster you face on your own. The cutscenes prior tells the player that you need water to get rid of him. So I lead the dude around while I looked by water stuff I could shoot and when that failed headed to the open entrance doors... then quick-time event with tons of time to trigger it. I guess I'm going to see him again but I dunno why he wants me dead since his partner keeps saving me from everyone. Maybe he just wants a hug.

I remember watching my brother play the other MGS games and he seemed to really like them. I just couldn't get into it and just watched him beat them when I could. As movies or a tv series, I guess I could get into this but as it is? I guess interactive movies ain't my thing. But since I paid the few dollars for it, I might as well attempt to get some progress in it.
Have this game too, & just taking my own time and still wondering off everywhere. Best thing i like is making people sleep and piling them up in one room. Then when they wake up, just tranquilize them or give them a nice BOP to the face and they go to sleep again :D

The music is good and the pet dog and horse are very useful, find it funny though when whisling for the horse that the enemies cannot hear my whistle because its not one of those highpitch whistle you can get for dogs hmm

Jul 26, 2016
Decided to try out the outrider demo.

I guess since this is made by the Gears of War devs, they had to had Shakey-cam and motion blur in it. But you can't turn it off so the game suffers because of it. Especially since it's a 3rd person shooter.
It's a bit nauseating for me. I don't get the immersive feeling they are trying to force on me with those effects in place.

So the game lets you try out the 4 classes available and of course I went with the sniper class because Shakey-cam forced me to. The Assassin and Mage class moves more often than the sniper or tank class so I haven't tried them yet.

Playing with the sniper class that gives health from killshots made by your weapons. So of course I just used shotguns & snipers. It has skills that are meant mainly to disrupt your enemies skills but since everything dies at a distance from the sniper rifle, I had no reason to use the assault rifle/SMG/LMG. Shotgun staggers enemies and it's a stronger effect than the interrupt effect that your Sniper class powers has.

For instance, the ice turret can freeze targets but that means a headshot from your trusty sniper rifle won't kill them in one shot whereas an unfrozen target can die from a headshot. A tank rushing at you can get staggered by your shotgun and then killed faster with a sniper rifle than using your powers + sniper rifle to do it.

You can use cover but sniper class gets health with every killshot and if you use cover, your enemies will use cover to duck behind it more than if you didn't use cover. Battles from the sniper class is pretty much you being a pincushion while you slaughter everyone.

I didn't get far enough to try the skill tree but I don't really have much interest to keep going at this point.

[edit]
Went back and tried it out but with a different class. A tank class that pretty much plays like a brawler while tanking everything. Then I acquired mods that I didn't see in the sniper class and the weapons played differently too.

The sniper class got hidden stat bonus to aim and keeping a sniper scope steady that the other class don't have. The Tank class can hold aim of an LMG to the skull of a target without missing a shot while the other classes will miss more. That's cool.

Also the mods change the game so much. Like their this tempory armor power you unlock. That gives you greater armor for a short period of time. Later I received a weapon mod that gave that armor power a bleed effect that hurt enemies in close range of me and a duration mod that made the armor much more useful.

It makes the game interesting but it's 1-3 player PvE game. That can get boring after awhile. Oh an the options screen shows this game is just ported to the PC without much thought. Enemy AI is pretty bad too. They aren't able to use their larger numbers or variety of attackers in the best way to handle a player. I got the feeling they are just bullet sponges and uses the worst pathing to attack you. You can easily get them to group up around corners so you can explode them with your powers.

But then this is just a demo limited to level 7 so who knows, maybe they get smarter as your level goes up?

[edit]
Tank plays like a mix of the Mammoth & Firecat class in Firefall.
Techno plays like the entire sniper class & the basic Engineer class.
Pyro plays less like the Firecat & more like the Recluse class.
Assasin class plays like Tigerclaw class.

Tank barely ever uses his weapons. It's mainly skills and sometimes the shotgun. He can take a ton of damage but does a lot of AOE attacks. Yeah he got increased aim for LMG but I found the shotgun a lot more useful. Especially since by the time you need to reload your shotgun, your skills are recharged which means you can end the battle then and there instead of reloading.

Pyro got that slow tick damage and he pretty much sprays and dodges about the place while everyone dies slowly around him.

Assasin got really high mobility which means the SMG and assault rifle is fine for him... or SMG and SMG is fine for him. Yep, each weapon has it's own ammo pool.

Last edited: