Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
I have heard of this game it does look really nice but didnt wow me so much apart from certain parts of it like the squid like augments and wall running etc.

I got a good feeling Em8er is going to be the game, especially with the various types of kaiju categories, the way our mechs can be customized and the alternative Biomes we can go to i just hope there is also a great storyline in the game too.

If i had to talk about firefall the cell shaded style that to me made the game appealing it was still action packed but didn't have that look i am a realistic game its serious gaming vibe.

The game was a game but the action spoke for itself with all the things that were out there crazy stomping mammoth type creatures and annoying creatures giving the environment there were other life forms.
Aye, i keep getting my hopes up, but i doubt it'll be like FF, maybe more like division.

It's weird, is a game like Firefall really that niche?

Maybe we're all just weird here>

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017
UK
warframe update Empyrean is fun even though the spaceship looks strange.

I am most likely going to focus on engineer intrinsic so i can repair the spaceship more efficiently.
If your up for hoping over and joining the space battle could use the help :D
I have just started WF...and I'm at the stage of WTF is going on. But thats normal apparently. BUT, non the less its fun to play if you dont worry about some of the mechanics...if you need help in the future, im up for it!! :)

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
I got a 100 or so hours now in Warframe. It's not THAT grindy so far, once you know how to get forma and you get to jupiter and neptune(?), the resources are grindable. We started a clan with two people, started research on archwing launcher, etc. Drydock comes later.

Now i can help my buddy get the resources he needs pretty quick.

So far, i am not too put off by the grind. It's just getting the map open that's the tedious part imo.
I don't mind grind, as long as i can grind the way i want to. Paying a little bit of money every week, or when i can spare it for a game this well done for a F2P game, really don't mind.

in its current state, no reason to complain imo.

Also the weapons. MY GOD!!! THE WEAPONS!!!!!

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I have just started WF...and I'm at the stage of WTF is going on. But thats normal apparently. BUT, non the less its fun to play if you dont worry about some of the mechanics...if you need help in the future, im up for it!! :)
I am usually half the time do not know what i am doing until i find it by accident or perhaps die too much and get someone pointing out you should try this mod instead of that mod etc.

Could use all the help i can get thanks :D, this space is vast and the rail jack mission can be intense!!

I am pandagnome also ingame!

I got a 100 or so hours now in Warframe. It's not THAT grindy so far, once you know how to get forma and you get to jupiter and neptune(?), the resources are grindable. We started a clan with two people, started research on archwing launcher, etc. Drydock comes later.

Now i can help my buddy get the resources he needs pretty quick.

So far, i am not too put off by the grind. It's just getting the map open that's the tedious part imo.
I don't mind grind, as long as i can grind the way i want to. Paying a little bit of money every week, or when i can spare it for a game this well done for a F2P game, really don't mind.

in its current state, no reason to complain imo.

Also the weapons. MY GOD!!! THE WEAPONS!!!!!
Been meaning to create all these good stuff with the arch wing but have not yet, distracted by the railjack spaceship and the roles in it i really like the engineer and gunner so far keeping the spaceship safe and blasting those annoying crafts that try to sabotage us. Also sneaking into enemy spaceships is fun too i really like that :D

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
I

Been meaning to create all these good stuff with the arch wing but have not yet, distracted by the railjack spaceship and the roles in it i really like the engineer and gunner so far keeping the spaceship safe and blasting those annoying crafts that try to sabotage us. Also sneaking into enemy spaceships is fun too i really like that :D
Big pet peave of mine, "railjack".

Me and my buddy been building a pretty badass dojo, grinding our ass off, couple of weeks away from railjack but people keep visiting our clan, seeing the jack is not done yet and go

Working so hard, just to get people only interested in the end game. Then people wonder why i get jaded towards new recruits. MMOs are grinds man, it's at least part of the game.

Keep in mind this comes from a casual.
Our clan is Wakey Bakey. Dam13nL in game.

Last edited:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I played Remnant From the Ashes which was great for the while it was great but too rapidly hit end game doldrums. I really liked the feel of the weapons and the monsters in that one. There are little chickpea things with little arms that chop you up which are nutty.

I like Dawn of Man for a relaxing time, but it also loses my interest eventually. That is a sim where you take your people through the stages of civilization. It is very simple and works pretty well.

I did Citadel Forged with Fire as it was simple and also kind of relaxing and flying around on dragons was fun. This is kind of like Rend (which was good at first then went bad - by adding things like lazer beam trails to arrows). Rend has the best tamable piggies of any game ever made!

I am enjoying Ghost Recon Breakpoint still a great deal and spending most of my time there these days. I just roam around clearing everything. The story is done in such a way there seems to be no story at all. At least in The Division or Division 2 there was a kind of story. I can't find it in Breakpoint. It is a fun shooter, however.

I quit Division 2 for Breakpoint.

I am at this very moment downloading "The Cycle" from the Epic Launcher.

I did WarThunder for a couple hundred hours - tanks only for me so far. That is a fun PvP where you don't get smashed to bits in every match when you start. It is full of variety from the huge variety of tanks they implement.

I enjoyed The Hunter Call of the Wild. It was enjoyable just wandering around in the environment and taking photos because of the wonderful rendition of nature. Of course, hunting was fun as well.

I did not find Rage2 very compelling.

Jul 26, 2016
I am enjoying Ghost Recon Breakpoint still a great deal and spending most of my time there these days. I just roam around clearing everything. The story is done in such a way there seems to be no story at all. At least in The Division or Division 2 there was a kind of story. I can't find it in Breakpoint. It is a fun shooter, however.
That's true. Even if you religiously follow only the main story mission, it becomes really clear that the devs seems to have went out of the way to ensure players aren't forced to follow the story. Nothing you do in the main story mission really affects the world which can be annoying. But it's fun.

Like the game is set in guided mode on default which is weird when you look at the description of exploration mode which says that's the mode the devs want players to play in.

I especially like what they did with the difficulty. I didn't like doing no damage to enemies way above my level in the Division games but here I can still kill enemies that are near max level and I'm in the single digits. Sure they can kill you much faster, but it's possible to wipe out bases and the smaller tanks when their levels are so much higher than yours.

I'm having difficulty trying to do the same with the large robot tank. Sneaking past them to get the gear though is feasible so it's sort of okay. Just annoying doing it solo.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
For the Behemoths we rely on mines (stacking them up in a pile and luring it onto them) and if we are lucky hiding inside a building and tossing C4 at them and grenades. Usually that softens them up enough. For one which was on an island we sniped it. It took just about forever, but eventually just using the Tac-50 (I think that's it) we killed it. Some braver folks hit it with the EMP grenades and do up close and personal. They lose track of you pretty easily if you are far away and have the stealth perk and them bomb empty space where they last saw you.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Many take more interest when your railjack is done i have not yet flown mine in a mission yet because would rather finish it completely but its going to take a while to find those MK-III bp's in those planets still looking for the right one's.

Yes your right it takes sometime to collect all those resources, its going to be fun to own your own super railjack soon and make it look stylish inside too!!!

There is grinding but what i like is that they have different ways to obtain resources
different mission types, i really like those survival and defenses get some good things also the excavations.

But then i like spy missions too because can just walk through lasers and do some hacking console and even saving a hostage imprisoned etc etc.

I hope they will have more variety for railjack missions too and more planet as it can seem repetitive at times but the pew pewpew and hijacking enemy bases and ships are fun!

When i do the different stuff, forget i am grinding but just focus on the missions in that way i like it and with others with you, it becomes more enjoyable especially when your both after the same things or searching for things such as Ayatan treasures and other things.

I can seem to be protective and not trusting many perhaps its my past experience of playing with others.

Here are some examples

- They may troll and bad mouth others who are not as skillful as themself
- They may Take advantage of someone's good will such as stealing their clan credits and giving false advice to benefit them.

- They may afk without a reason or a reply after more than several times to mess up things
- when you ask for help they dont help and leave you to die even when its safe to help.

Those are just a few not saying everyone is like this but when you experience this stuff more so it gets tiring. Playing alone mostly without all the hassle of dealing with things and rl is enough as it is.

It is like social media you may have 1000s added but who are the true friends? how many can you say could you depend and they can depend on you?

Anyways i am rambling on and steering away from the topic but it does make me wonder hmm

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
There is grinding but what i like is that they have different ways to obtain resources
different mission types, i really like those survival and defenses get some good things also the excavations.
This. I don't mind grind as long as you can do it how you want. It's opening the map for example that to me makes me go "ugh, not this again".

I hope Em8er takes a similar approach.

Many take more interest when your railjack is done i have not yet flown mine in a mission yet because would rather finish it completely but its going to take a while to find those MK-III bp's in those planets still looking for the right one's.

Yes your right it takes sometime to collect all those resources, its going to be fun to own your own super railjack soon and make it look stylish inside too!!!
I gave up on growing the clan, f it. There's a couple of IRL friends that joined but it's basically, still just me and my buddy doing everything and at this point i'm fine with that. We'll just do it all ourselves.

Last edited:

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Em8er will be a completely different creature that is going to be exciting
I hope so, same with the powe curve. I took a liking for bows in WF, so, in my naivety, i wanted to hope that even the MK1, even though it is less pwrfl than the Paris, it has higher ROF. So in my deluded, "crazy scientist" mind of mine, i was hoping to use the mod that makes all enemies affected by slash dmg take more DMG from the doggo. It has higher puncture DMG (i think), too tired to check again.

The idea was, shoot as many arrows in as many possible enemies, let the doggo deal with those affected by the little bit of slash and melee the rest yourself.

A dude was friendly enough to take me on a test run of all my ideas and showed me....euhm, no.

It's not a bad idea in theory but, not workable and even so, the Cernes might fit this idea better.
So the better options, probably remain the Paris prime and the Dread that i already own, might require a bit more tweaking but so far, it get's the job done. So, i'm done here with bows?

This i personally also don't like, things being a direct upgrade from another and the previous basically being thrown away. I still haven't given up on the idea though. Now FF had (while i was playing) T1 to T4 BUT, you could use T1 components on a T4 weapon, min maxing but the right way.

This is not min maxing, this is consumerism. Use it once, till it's outdated and throw it away.
Then, just play the meta.

Won't someone think of the environment....

Last edited:

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
And that's another thing, Firefall DIDN't really have a meta, there's more than enough crazy videos out there proving this. "This ability is stupid, you couldn't do anything with it". Three months later it got nerfed in the ground. OP in a way no one saw coming....

I guess you can still call that meta, but the shear amount of possibilities made everything meta then.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
For some reason really like the p90 and minigun in firefall combat and fun probably, plus my aim is not so great but hey least could hit something with it :D.

In warframe baza was my fave weapon but it wasn't great at damaging things was told i had to get the right elemental for specific faction.

Eventually the baza prime released with slight changes to the stats so now i use this to help with improving the critical hits

Then there was the damage mods, and even the right rivens.

So if weapons are rare or made only to founders they would be high disposition in the riven meaning better riven mod. If the weapon was more popular the disposition would be lower resulting in lower stat rivens those are usually the big guns like the tigris prime etc.

I think the riven mods is a pain just having variation of the weapon and alternate mods would of been good hmm

Have to use a riven just so that my weapon can at least make an impact in higher lvl content to keep up without ability of frame to boost the damage.

Just happy i can play stealthy and pewpewpepw without alerting enemies!

And that's another thing, Firefall DIDN't really have a meta, there's more than enough crazy videos out there proving this. "This ability is stupid, you couldn't do anything with it". Three months later it got nerfed in the ground. OP in a way no one saw coming....
Didn't realize this!

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
For some reason really like the p90 and minigun in firefall combat and fun probably, plus my aim is not so great but hey least could hit something with it :D.

Didn't realize this!
Where to begin, hover sprinting being my biggest regret ever nerved, then the movement got nerfed entirely because of this, "moving through molasses", The guy who figured out how to use base engineer "repulsores" to combine with the HKM station (wich tbh, that's R5's own fault for adding that), Thunderbumping, this didn't have a direct implact on gaming but still (and i think a small hack was involved in this)

The infamous Souring AB, the less but still very fun Cannonball AB. The electron's original design, it required a damn lot of skill but once you figured it out, you could do some messed up stuff with it. THe mamoth being basically indestructable but so expensive to maintain, you only pulled it out when truly needed.....

So, if all was meta, non was and imo, it didn't break the game.

Only after 0,8 when they broke or had to cut back on the AI servers, that thing got too easy. 0,7, hard enough to pull off imo. Even with the more "OP" builds.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020
Good question. Playing RDO with some buddies most days, I go off on my own to play some PvP Amra3 (King Of The Hill) and Co-Op (Invade & Annex) and spend a few hours a week in the Arma editor practicing flying helicopters, making combat landings, landing in confined LZs and keeping my piloting skills up to scratch. For a while my buddies and I played a whole lot of Sea of Thieves but we kind of played it to death and switch to the Red Dead Online thing instead. I think this weekend we'll be playing some Deep Rock Galactic because they have a free weekend and a sale, so we're going to play that so the other guys in our discord who don't have it will have some people to try it out with. For me it's not so much a question of which game, but who to play with. I'd play Pong as long as I enjoyed the company of the people I was playing with.