Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two games recent-ish that I know of are D&D inspired, DDO and Neverwinter Online.
NWO is a third person hackNslash with PnP style attack useage, while DDO is more of a typical third person mmorpg with full combat mobility that has far less use restrictions on powers/abilities (spellcasters have spell point bar, but non-magical combat doesn't have/use a special resource). Be aware that most of NWO will be played solo with a "companion" (a bot with a few abilities to help take or deal damage, or just heal you), while DDO is almost exclusively played with other players, but you can buy a temporary bot that is pre-configured similar to players and can be given commands (but don't expect much intelligence). One last heads up, traps in NWO are an annoyance to chug a cheap healing potion, while in DDO they're a moderately to severely lethal threat to avoid wasting your precious potions on.
If you find yourself playing and/or liking DDO, feel free to contact me on some of my characters as of 7-21-17
Brulder (barb) Chillbolt (sorc) Fentar (bard) Fistsnfeet (monk) Maau (arti)
Kneeslayer (ranger Disposal (sorc) Butterblade (paladin) Tinkerman (rogue)
Or NWO, I have a Cleric named Marc Silvokin on the Dragon server

Jul 26, 2016
Iam deeply in need for a game, which is very popular, indie, funny and easy to learn. Need something for my lets plays....I know you guys know something^^
Tower of Guns - rogue like - indie game, easy to learn, mildly popular.

Slime Rancher - a farming/livestock game - indie, funny, easy to learn, still in Early access but with enough content to keep you occupied for a bit of time. Cute. Damn cute.

Assault Android Cactus - indie twin stick shooter, easy to learn but hard to master. Cute. The game is out. Co-op optional.

if you like racing Distance... it's out of early access and complete. But the devs keep updating it and the amount of maps you can get from the community is a neat bonus.
Easy to learn and a bit hectic at times. There is a story mode but it's real strength is the races with other people online. It was released. Then they pulled it back into Early Access for VR support and to expand the game even further.

Last edited:
DISHONORED 2 gives you the illusion that you have many different paths to approach an objective from, but if you want to collect some lore and actually learn about the world of the game you're playing you'll have to snoop around and crawl through every possible path, nook and cranny to find reading material and loot.

You can breeze through, stealthily avoiding one guard, assassinating another, here, getting spotted by another, there. Fight him, go up the edges on the left, instead of down the path to the right, miss a painting and some books, letters, clues, a quarter of the loot in coins. Climb through a window, not the backdoor. See a piece of paper and some other object, bodies you could inspect, guarded by men, with no chance of getting near any of the bits of lore and loot without being detected, then you can choose to fight, knock maybe half of them out and kill the rest (although, the AI is too dumb to even hear you when you swing open the front door or when you start opening safes in the next room, so...), then opt for one path or another to get to your objective and then get shown at the end of the mission that you missed half the loot and who knows what other items, lore, characters, interaction, helping out NPCs...etc. So you have to slug around everywhere if you want to get the most out of every mission and the game, as a whole.

Start swiftly killing and act like a predator and you get a cynical/negative/chaotic/bad/dark ending. Why? Flies? Well, what if I eventually unlock and use my power to incinerate all corpses, then the flies would have nowhere to breed, so the plague wouldn't spread, right? Wrong. Why? Because reasons. Because it is the same bullshit they did with the rats in the first game. Came up with this whole explanation that leaving bodies around would cause panic and make the rats spread, just to force the player to hold back if they didn't want a bad ending. Even though Corvo could have the ability to make corpses "disappear", too. But, no. Apparently, that doesn't change anything. The ability doesn't mean you won't cause panic and plague. The developers haven't thought this childish morality system through in the first game and they haven't learned anything in the second, either. It is the same. Yet, they claim they've made it more nuanced by making the game consider your actions, who you let live (only in case of major targets, though), but if you leave a trail of bodies, even if no one can/will see them, you still make the world darker, even though Corvo himself was vindicated and people learned the truth.

Operating under the black and white presumption that violently resolving issues and (either some of or all of) the individuals only leads to darker world is thinly-veiled, badly-disguised, bleeding-heart, pacifistic drivel that put me off from properly enjoying the first game. And it's the same with the sequel.

And all of the faults (with the inconsistent AI, with the nonsensical, under-developed morality system and with the multiple paths and "freedom" to approach a situation) become glaringly apparent in the intro mission.

What incentive would I have to replay the game? Either on the same difficultly or harder.

Make the already inconsistent AI (that either sporadically develops 6th and 7th senses or loses all of them) be "more perceptive"? Sounds like it would only exaggerate the faults. In the institute the guards playing dice right next to the elevator don't even get suspicious that someone is abusing the hell out of it. Sometimes a guard looking out at a square, in broad daylight, fails to see me running along the balcony of the building 20-40m across from him, while at other times some ace decides he can spot me from across the street, roughly from the same distance, through bushes and a window, sneaking in a dimly lit corridor. And I want all of that to be essentially dialed up? Hell no.

Replay missions to try a good, fast set of paths I map out on my first play-through and miss half the stuff I can find, as a result, then have it all shoved in my face at the end by the score? Do a mission under 3-5 hours? Oh, do it the other way around? Leave all the exploring and detailed lore for a second playthrough (because I cannot get everything on the first one, anyway), but understand only half of what's going in the world in my first playthrough? What kind of an approach is that? Is that what replayability means? Have people go through the same thing, find every angle, every corner, every quarter, every paper for a story they already know, just to drag it out? It's like going to the cinema and understanding only half of the movie. Pacing is important. On the very first playthrough the most. For both the story and how fluidly one can progress through the world to advance it. Missing half the lore because one goes down a certain (easier or harder) path isn't compensated with tedious exploring that has one barely pushing events along. And it's either one or the other. One cannot have both, especially not on the first playthrough, which is the most important and leaves the deepest impression.

And with this game, like with its prequel, unless one wants a nice, clean, hopeful, bright ending and future for the world in the game and explore all the places and lore, then the developer's predictably over-hyped "freedom of choice" is an illusion.

Jul 26, 2016
Thank ya! Im open for more recommendations but Slime rancher looks pretty good^^
Ghost 1.0

who previously created Unepic.

Unepic though can get extremely hard as compared to Ghost. It's not just the difficulty. It's because in Unepic you have more things to handle and more ways to attack a situation which can make certain boss fights easy to hard and hard to easy. It's more of a true western RPG (Dungeons and Dragons).

They are both metroidvania's and with fun stories.

The Talos Principle
It's a puzzle game which is interesting in that it has multiple endings and a lot of story.
Fun to complete the puzzles too. First time I went through it, I completed half the game and then got stuck. So I checked youtube for LPs. And I found that the my solutions for many of the puzzles weren't the ones that the LPers were doing.

Backstory is that some indie developers built an early version of this game and then due to money issues it got stuck in limbo. So they went to a few companies for help until Croteam the makers of bullet hell FPS series called Serious Sam decided to absorb them into their team and pour all of their resources into that game. Croteam apparently got super serious when they saw that game. They even used the engine they made for their FPS bullet hell game for this one.

hmm if you liked Slime Rancher then perhaps you'll like this game.
Valley. it's on the pc too.
Very cool. After awhile you start to feel like a bird. The sense of momentum and air control while jumping, leaping, running is very fluid. Interesting mechanic in that you can choose to kill or save the valley by your own gameplay actions.

Last edited:
I've played Slime Rancher a few months ago ago and it's pretty good. It may get a little boring after a while, but it will definitely keep your attention and keep you busy while you continue to improve your farm. Just try not to remember while you play it that some people have a fetish for being slimed and you'll have a good time.

Jul 26, 2016
The Division. It was on sale.

The game is like someone decided to mix the grinding aspect of borderlands with the world of GTA/Watchdogs. The combat is fine until you come across that one boss fight that literally requires you to use gear that is on the same level that the mission is on.

There is this lady that runs Rikers gang. The entire mission while using a level 26 character and running solo and using gear that is level 18 something I wiped everything else easily. So it came to surprise that I couldn't beat the boss and her henchmen at all. Which is rather annoying. I suppose I could try the matchmaking option and see if it's possible with an extra player.

Origin isn't bad. It has a nifty achievements reward system. You get points for getting achievements. You can use those points to buy DLC stuff for any game that provides it. So I had previously had 100 points from playing watchdogs an year or so ago. Those points were used in this game to unlock costumes and weapon skin colors. I like that idea.

Multiplayer PvP I haven't done yet. I haven't tried to venture out into the PvP zone since I don't really want to constantly grind to get stuff just so I can craft the biggest and best weapon in the game. Grinding can get annoying. For example: while playing in PvE I came across a mission that is level 15. I'm level 14 with gear that was level 10. It took four headshots to kill one armored guy in the mission. I redid that mission with a level 15 with the same gear and it took two headshots. That bit can get boring after awhile.

Jul 26, 2016
How to describe The Division videogame : Bullet sponge enemies
and retarded final boss. I won't spoil anything here.
That ending was so darn annoying. The ending to the Riker's gang was harder than that thing.
It doesn't even make sense why the Divison and Blake is fighting each other.

I can see the motivations of the other gangs. The cleaners is just super germaphobes. Their mysophobia actually makes sense since the virus is such an contagious and effective killer. Riker's gang is just people who is unable to see anything past their short sided goals and is only like this because of where they came from in life. Keener makes sense. Disillusioned gun deciding he would rather be the one pulling the trigger instead because his bosses are clearly (to him) idiots.

But the LMB?
I understand them killing other gangs. Hell, everyone in the JTF and the division is doing that already.
I understand that their leader realizes the only way to get these people to stop going wild west is to force military order on everything. Which makes sense when you look at what the other gangs have been doing during this mess. If there was one or two missions where you found evidence that Keener or one of the other gangs were interfering with a "olive branch" sent out by the LMB to the JTF then it would make sense to me. But since that doesn't exist, it's clear that LMB only exists because the devs decided they needed another enemy for a potential sequel.

Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hahahaahaha that one way of putting it! The characters were pretty forgettable for me and I had to rack my brain to remember them. As is the story. But then again the game isn't all bad , I did enjoy the Dark Zone and stuff , but it gets repetitive eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.