Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
um..... Shadow of Mordor!!!!!! You don't want to know how satisfying it is to kill a warchief with just one arrow or to let him get eaten by your mount xD
You got to download 52 fucking GB! I hope you have fun :D (i still like this game xD you just need some time ^^)

And i discovered Spiral Knights too... It's like an Instance-Campaign-MMO-Game with grinding, slaughtering(, running around terrified to not get killed by invincible monsters that want to harvest your soul to keep their machines running), doing missions with friends/other players and crafting! :D (i recommend it, but i already know that none is ever going to play it 'Cause i recommended it :F)

Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain
[...]

And i discovered Spiral Knights too... It's like an Instance-Campaign-MMO-Game with grinding, slaughtering(, running around terrified to not get killed by invincible monsters that want to harvest your soul to keep their machines running), doing missions with friends/other players and crafting! :D (i recommend it, but i already know that none is ever going to play it 'Cause i recommended it :F)
I've played Spiral Knights too, seems a very nice game but in Spiral Knights, everyday actions such as pressing a button on an elevator, crafting new items and reviving your knight all cost you energy. As soon as the counter at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen reaches zero, you're done for the day. Unless, of course, you choose to pay. The default 100 energy you start with is used up after a couple of dungeon runs. Another 350 energy costs about 2$. It doesn't sound like much, but Spiral Knights will keep asking for more.

When an energy drought stops play halfway through a session with friends, it's like being poked in the eye. Free-to-play should mean just that: free, unrestricted play time. As much fun as the dungeons are, Spiral Knights ends up feeling like a confused demo. One that will keep asking you for money for ever and ever and ever.

I tried to have fun during several days but in the end I got frustrated by such energy system that I uninstalled the game forever.

Finally had to stop playing FireFall, it was really depressing to play alone every day. I'm playing Defiance now, not a bad game but leveling was very easy, just hit the 5400 EGO wall after 2 weeks playing since I started to play it for 1st time. Due there is no events going on atm it's empty so I can't play any of the coop maps or expeditions :(. Yea without people with whom to play with you are excluded from playing end game content. I miss something like playing alone HC missions like in FireFall (u_u)

Defiance IGN: Sdr Rayan

Last edited:

Wraithbane

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Destiny (PS4)

and Elder Scrolls Online (PS4).

I've managed to get to light level 389 in Destiny (top is 400). I'm only level 20 in ESO right now. Both are fun games, but take some getting used to on console.

I've played Spiral Knights too, seems a very nice game but in Spiral Knights, everyday actions such as pressing a button on an elevator, crafting new items and reviving your knight all cost you energy. As soon as the counter at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen reaches zero, you're done for the day. Unless, of course, you choose to pay. The default 100 energy you start with is used up after a couple of dungeon runs. Another 350 energy costs about 2$. It doesn't sound like much, but Spiral Knights will keep asking for more.

When an energy drought stops play halfway through a session with friends, it's like being poked in the eye. Free-to-play should mean just that: free, unrestricted play time. As much fun as the dungeons are, Spiral Knights ends up feeling like a confused demo. One that will keep asking you for money for ever and ever and ever.

I tried to have fun during several days but in the end I got frustrated by such energy system that I uninstalled the game forever.

Finally had to stop playing FireFall, it was really depressing to play alone every day. I'm playing Defiance now, not a bad game but leveling was very easy, just hit the 5400 EGO wall after 2 weeks playing since I started to play it for 1st time. Due there is no events going on atm it's empty so I can't play any of the coop maps or expeditions :(. Yea without people with whom to play with you are excluded from playing end game content. I miss something like playing alone HC missions like in FireFall (u_u)

that with the power seems to be changed, i don't need power to run any kind for mission or use an elevator, i even ran an apocrea sometime ago, first alone, and then with a clan m8. it really doesn't look like p2w/p2p for me right now.

But M-e:SoM is currently my total doom, 9 hours playtime at the day the downloaded (it ended around 5-6 am), slaughtering uruks is fun :D

Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The Last Days of Third Age ( Lord of The Rings mod for Mount and Blade Warband)

It's frickin awesome. Nothing flashy compared to Shadow of Mordor , but the feeling of cutting through hordes of uruks , orcs and huge trolls while you're highly outnumbered ( the player is always outnumbered when playing as the good faction) , is fcking satisfying. Not to mention the epic sieges in the game. 10/10

But of course , you have to play it yourself to truly enjoy it!

The Last Days of Third Age ( Lord of The Rings mod for Mount and Blade Warband)

It's frickin awesome. Nothing flashy compared to Shadow of Mordor , but the feeling of cutting through hordes of uruks , orcs and huge trolls while you're highly outnumbered ( the player is always outnumbered when playing as the good faction) , is fcking satisfying. Not to mention the epic sieges in the game. 10/10

But of course , you have to play it yourself to truly enjoy it!
I played enough BFME, BFME2, BFME2: ROTWK and BFME2: ROTWK Edain Mod to know how it feels :D (like running down 100 orcs with just 20 riders xD or creating an army made of 5k-10k orcs from barad-dur, minas morgul, cirith ungol and dol guldur to just run down complete fortresses at 2-5fps xD
But, well its a completely different game with different game mechanics.

Maybe i gonna buy it and play the mod xD (just looked at steam and it is available for mac).

Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I played enough BFME, BFME2, BFME2: ROTWK and BFME2: ROTWK Edain Mod to know how it feels :D (like running down 100 orcs with just 20 riders xD or creating an army made of 5k-10k orcs from barad-dur, minas morgul, cirith ungol and dol guldur to just run down complete fortresses at 2-5fps xD
But, well its a completely different game with different game mechanics.

Maybe i gonna buy it and play the mod xD (just looked at steam and it is available for mac).

You're gonna try Mount and Blade: Warband for the The Last Days mod? Well , that's great ( if you're getting the game that is)
You get to play as the good guys or the bad guys in The Last Days , example: if you choose " Dawn Of A New Era" means you play as the good guys . " The Twilight Of Men " means you get to play as Uruks , orcs and stuff. Both of the two choices are really obvious about which depicts the good faction or the bad faction.

If you play as the good guys , here's a few things to know . During the beginning of the game , humans ( Gondor and Rohan ) will only have a few days until the War Of The Rings start. So train your character as much as you can , because Gondor and Rohan will be heavily attacked by Mordor. ( I played as a Gondor nobleman for my first and only walkthrough , now he's lvl 41 and a badass swordsman )
p.s : the war started for me when my character was only level 6 or 5. Gondor's gear are more better than Rohan's

Playing as the elves certainly grants many benefits. True to the lore , the war does not touch the elven lands until you're lvl 9 or 10 , depends on how rigorous you train your guy. And get elven archers for your war party, you hardly need to lift your sword to fight , and Trolls will be molested by arrows until it dies. Elves also have the best gear in the mod, as does the elf troops. Elves can also move very fast , which allows them to dodge ranged attacks and counter melee attacks, especially your character , if he wears elf gear.
p.s : Elves are the best for starters ( reread the elves paragraph if unclear) , and if I wasn't hinting it very well , let me be blunt: Elves are the most OP race in the mod.

The dwarves.....well , if you are more of an expert to this mod , play as Dwarves to test your skills. they mostly use 2 handed weapons which is basically useless coz almost all enemies have bow and arrows. Dwarves also have one handed weapons and shield , but the one handed weapons are very short compared to the weapons of humans and elves , hence the challenge. Dwarves also can't ride , which makes them susceptible to critical attacks when fighting cavalry units. Dwarves are good in melee and ok-ish in range, and they also wear heavy armor but also makes them slow.
p.s : Seriously , don't play as dwarves unless you wanna get owned by the Rhun riders.

Dont know much about the the evil faction , but I do know that orcs are the hardest to play.

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I've been playing Wind Waker and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I'm not sure I'm going to finish that Pokemon game though. It's kind of mediocre.

Jul 26, 2016
has anyone tried defiance? im trolling it a bit. looks interesting.
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/
You could just try it out instead of waiting for a response. It is free2play.

and it looks like Earth Solider aka Sdr Rayan is in the game.

Jul 26, 2016
could but i have a broken hand & have another 4 weeks before i cando any playong
that's too bad.

well, if your other hand still works then you could try changing the keybindings such that you could play with your toes on the keyboard and the other hand with the mouse. You might need to pop out some buttons temporarily though.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
that's too bad.

well, if your other hand still works then you could try changing the keybindings such that you could play with your toes on the keyboard and the other hand with the mouse. You might need to pop out some buttons temporarily though.

LMAO, thought about that, but dont need a fix that bad

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I played Chrono Trigger for the first time a couple days ago. WOW is that a good game. It's like Final Fantasy, but better in general. Combat is more interesting with 2-3 person combo moves and great visuals, 13 different endings, a story that makes visiting the same areas again interesting through time travel, great music, highly polished. All this on a game made for the SNES. It's the only game that made me feel jumping into a new game right after finishing it. Why is it that people hardly ever talk about it?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I played Chrono Trigger for the first time a couple days ago. WOW is that a good game. It's like Final Fantasy, but better in general. Combat is more interesting with 2-3 person combo moves and great visuals, 13 different endings, a story that makes visiting the same areas again interesting through time travel, great music, highly polished. All this on a game made for the SNES. It's the only game that made me feel jumping into a new game right after finishing it. Why is it that people hardly ever talk about it?
I never played it was thinking of getting a retrofreak since my snes is broken

but nothing beats playing a classic game with the original controller!

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I never played it was thinking of getting a retrofreak since my snes is broken

but nothing beats playing a classic game with the original controller!
I just played it using the ZSNES emulator. Being able to use custom settings, use savestates, speed up games and autofire buttons when you're trying to get through repetitive things makes it easier to enjoy old games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.