Upgrade to Deepscanner or purchase Forerunner?

Darkpie

Jul 29, 2016
Belgium
Hi,
I was just wondering what would be the best choice to do since I got a hold of a "Dollar Club pack" and the upgrade is about the same price as the forerunner pack.

What are the rewards/differences between the two?
Does the "one dollar" come with the bike? Or is that only part of an upgrade to Deepscanner?
Is the founder dropship only available in the Forerunner (or other newcomer) pack?

Guess I'm kinda confused about the rewards included in both options...

Thanks in advance for any help/info/advice!

ps: FREYA & WRENGA "skin" is not included in any of these, right?

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
https://gatestrider.one/packcompare

The $1 pack does not come with the bike. You need to upgrade the dollar pack to get the bike. "UPGRADE YOUR PACK! M3 Backers can upgrade their pack and receive a free Python Bike Skin."

The "Freya & Wrenga" skin is only available as a purchase (includes both skins here) once per year. The skin was available as a reward for the monthly subscription however that month has passed.

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Definitely use the website Thorp suggested. Shadow did a fantastic job on it.

It depends on which bike you're referring to. The "2 - seater Thunder Bumping Bike" in the below spoiler is included in the $1 Dollar Club Pack from M3. This is confirmed in the Indiegogo campaign. It was the $75,000 stretch goal.
The Python Bike skin, you have to either upgrade to a higher tier or purchase separately. Cheapest option is upgrading to the $5 pack, however unless you have a $35 or higher pack already, you won't own the game. This skin is in the spoiler below.
The Founder Dropship (at least, the Yellow and Blue one) is a Newcomer pack exclusive skin. However, at some point, it was given to EXISTING backers of M1, M2, M3 and Newcomer, which is why it appears under previous reward tiers in gatestrider.one. This was done September 1 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
https://gatestrider.one/packcompare

The $1 pack does not come with the bike. You need to upgrade the dollar pack to get the bike. "UPGRADE YOUR PACK! M3 Backers can upgrade their pack and receive a free Python Bike Skin."

The "Freya & Wrenga" skin is only available as a purchase (includes both skins here) once per year. The skin was available as a reward for the monthly subscription however that month has passed.
@Darkpie Just to clarify part of what Thorp said above, you will need to upgrade your One Dollar Club pack to a Scout ($15) or higher to receive the Python Bike Skin.

If you want to get a copy of the final game through that pack, you will need to upgrade to a minimum of the Deepscanner ($35) pack.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me here and just tag me. Or you can visit us on Discord.

I hope that's helpful!! Cheers!! ~ Faeryl (F.A.I.)

Darkpie

Jul 29, 2016
Belgium
@Faeryl So there is no real difference between Forerunner and Deepscanner except for the blue/yellow skin (for the dropship) that's exclusive to the newcomer packs?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
From what i see on my em8er account it says

"As a thank you to all our prior backers, please accept this commemorative, special edition dropship that features a unique design just for M1, M2, M3 and newcomer backers".

So the blue/yellow dropship i believe should be in both.

From what the pack comparison shows on https://gatestrider.one/packcompare

The Deepscanner difference:

- Deepscanner Tag
- Deepstrike skin for omniframe
- Banner Founder Flag for omniframe

Accessories
- 60K Holo Wings for omniframe
- Pin-Up "Nose Art" Decal for omniframe
- Pin-Up "Nose Art" Decal for vehicle
- Tiki God Mask Decal for omniframe
- Tiki God Mask Decal for vehicle

-A.I voice pack (Laura Post)

Emotes
- Founder Emote Pack for pilot
- Founder Emote Pack for omniframe
- Tiki Torch /w Sea Shanty for pilot
- Tiki Torch /w Sea Shanty for omniframe

Pets
- Mini Tsi-Hu Beast
- Mini Kaiju
- Mini THMPR

- 3D print files (Cat 1 Kaiju)

-Thunder Bumping Bike

Chroma
- Jetpack thrusters
- THMPR
- Omniframe
- THMPR Pet
- Bike
- Bike trail

It seems you get much more on the M3 Deepscanner pack!

Sorry i am not faeryl had an urge to respond, the gnome instincts took over :oops:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
From what i see on my em8er account it says

"As a thank you to all our prior backers, please accept this commemorative, special edition dropship that features a unique design just for M1, M2, M3 and newcomer backers".

So the blue/yellow dropship i believe should be in both.

From what the pack comparison shows on https://gatestrider.one/packcompare

The Deepscanner difference:

- Deepscanner Tag
- Deepstrike skin for omniframe
- Banner Founder Flag for omniframe

Accessories
- 60K Holo Wings for omniframe
- Pin-Up "Nose Art" Decal for omniframe
- Pin-Up "Nose Art" Decal for vehicle
- Tiki God Mask Decal for omniframe
- Tiki God Mask Decal for vehicle

-A.I voice pack (Laura Post)

Emotes
- Founder Emote Pack for pilot
- Founder Emote Pack for omniframe
- Tiki Torch /w Sea Shanty for pilot
- Tiki Torch /w Sea Shanty for omniframe

Pets
- Mini Tsi-Hu Beast
- Mini Kaiju
- Mini THMPR

- 3D print files (Cat 1 Kaiju)

-Thunder Bumping Bike

Chroma
- Jetpack thrusters
- THMPR
- Omniframe
- THMPR Pet
- Bike
- Bike trail

It seems you get much more on the M3 Deepscanner pack!

Sorry i am not faeryl had an urge to respond, the gnome instincts took over :oops:

That's okay @Pandagnome , your research is correct!!

@Darkpie The differences are indicated on the Gatestrider site between the two base tier Backer packs.

However, I want to be sure you're aware... There are two Founder Geesuits. One in the M3 campaign and one in the Newcomer campaign.

If you're interested in either or both of the Founder Geesuits, here are the packs you would need to upgrade to for them:

M3 Campaign - Firstclaimer - Founder GeeSuit V1
Newcomer Campaign - DGater - Founder GeeSuit V2

If you decide to upgrade, you only ever pay the difference to upgrade.

I hope this helps!! If you have more questions about Em-8ER, please ask and I will answer as soon as I can!!

Cheers!! ~ Faeryl