Update – ACTION REQUIRED – Em8ER ID System Now LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyceus

Firstclaimer
Jun 22, 2017
Denmark
tyceus#0519
went pretty smoothly, though i had to do the following and perks are as such be (still waiting on the veteran thing)

when it said that it the mail was either wrong or already claimed i had to skip that step and go to the ''my account'' and add my mail manually under ''linked accounts''
(for others)
there is an orange plus sign click there and add you mail.

Last edited:

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Most Common Errors (ours):
1) Step 3 on adding a indiegogo account can fail. Skip this step and manually add your IGG under MY ACCOUNT if you have problems.,

2) Emails are case sensitive.

3) You will get 2 Emails: 1 to verify account, 1 to verify IGG if you are a backer. You need to click through both.

Vecchio

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
New York City
That was pretty painless. LOL! This 64 year old can't wait to play. Please hurry, Mark, my biological clock is ticking. Kidding. Take your time and get it right. Best to all and can't wait for some bad ass thumping. Peace out.
Oh yeah. When is the next milestone donation campaign?

Jaunn

Firstclaimer
Jul 29, 2016
France
(login the forum if you want to see bigger screenshots)

After validating your forum ID, you'll be linked to the new Em-8er website.

In the STAGE 3 you can tick "Yes..." and enter your mail, but if it doesn't work you'll receive the following message: "Either there is no backer by that email address or the address has already been claimed."
Check "No" (since you can add your e-mail later).
firefox_2018-06-26_17-56-37.jpg

You'll get a confirmation.
firefox_2018-06-26_17-57-07.jpg

Check your e-mail.

Now you're logged into the new website. On the top right menu go MY ACCOUNT.
You have to check if your mail is REALLY Verified.

Click the Plus sign.
firefox_2018-06-26_17-22-43.jpg

Re-Confirm your e-mail.
firefox_2018-06-26_18-09-12.jpg

Submit.
Last step! You'll have to verify your address.
Click Resend Email.
firefox_2018-06-26_17-35-06.jpg

Verify your email.
Now you should see a green check mark.
firefox_2018-06-26_17-45-06.jpg

Congratz! :) You can now check your perks by clicking CAMPAIGNS & PERKS !
firefox_2018-06-26_17-46-11.jpg

Last edited:

wingar

Ark Liege
Ember Dev
Jul 27, 2016
Hi guys,

Hearing all you have to say and refining the new backer site as much as possible.
For all the people have issues with email verification for their account, if you try to log in now you will reach a page telling you check you registered email account as before, but this now has a link on it to resend the verification email. If you were having issues before, please do this. I've refined the verification process and the new email should help you considerably.

On the same note for people having issues with verifying their IndieGogo and Paypal addresses, if you use the resend email button next to the address on the My Account page you're having issues with, you will receive the new, more useful email with better instructions.

For those having issues with even adding their IndieGogo or Paypal address in the first place, we're looking into this as much as possible, we've resolved at least some issues on this, and as a note, for people that backed with Paypal you will need to use the address tied to your Paypal account, as this is the email we have on record.

We also have another thread specifically for support on the new backer site.

wingar

Ark Liege
Ember Dev
Jul 27, 2016
Most Common Errors (ours):
1) Step 3 on adding a indiegogo account can fail. Skip this step and manually add your IGG under MY ACCOUNT if you have problems.,

2) Emails are case sensitive.

3) You will get 2 Emails: 1 to verify account, 1 to verify IGG if you are a backer. You need to click through both.
On the note of #2, Case sensitivity on IndieGogo and Paypal emails is now resolved, however please report if you still have any issues regarding this.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I had a little trouble at first but when i put my email instead of the i.d it worked fine.

Is it worth putting our address also, guess it would make sense to receive any of those goodies :D

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Wingar and Ben have been stellar in addressing these issues. We've had about a 10% rate of issues with about half of that being user error from our info design issues. The other half actual bugs.

It's gotten much better today with the changes Wingar has made. Again if you have issues you can contact us at [email protected] and TY!

ForsakenSymbiont

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 24, 2017
Germany, Berlin
well... when i try to add the IGG address i just get the message: "This site doesn't work"
in chrome, Opera and Firefox.

Anyone else having trouble?

Edit: IE simply crashes and Edge loads an empty page...

Edit_2: Works fine now. Thanks @EM8ER for the quick fixes

Last edited:

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
i signed into the new "thingy" yesterday and it said all my perks 'n' stuff was claimed, and today i get a mail saying it hasn't...any1 any idea why that is?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Yes, same here. All is good but I got four emails total and saying it detected I didn't claim my perks. Feel bad for the Em-8er team and the overdrive they are working with this right now. Very good update on things overall though.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Yes, same here. All is good but I got four emails total and saying it detected I didn't claim my perks. Feel bad for the Em-8er team and the overdrive they are working with this right now. Very good update on things overall though.
As long as the packages show up in your My.em8er.com site under "Campaings and Perks" you can igrnore the emails.

Jul 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

Welcome to a MAJOR new update to the Em8ER community. We’ve finished creating the Em8ER ID system, a unified login system that ties together game, web and forums into a single sign on.

This update affects all backers and all forum users for Em-8ER. You will need to convert your existing forum logins to Em8ER IDs by relogging into the forums and following the steps presented. If you are a backer and do not yet have a forum account, you can simply create a new forum account and follow the steps there.

The Em8ER ID system also comes with a new account website that displays your account information and allows you to update your personal information.

Backers of Em-8ER from IndieGoGo and Paypal will also be able to access and see all their pledges and perks on the new website. Your Em8ER ID will also allow you, if you are a backer, to log into future test builds of Em8ER as they become available.

We need everyone to convert their existing forum accounts and for backers to do so as well. You can do this by visiting https://forums.em8er.com and logging in normally with your legacy forum account. If you do not yet have a forum account, simply create a new forum account and you will be walked through the new Em8ER ID account creation system.

BACKERS, CLAIM AND CHECK YOUR PERKS

Backers, it is extremely important to verify that you have the right perks and packages. Data was imported directly from all three IndieGoGo campaigns, but many of you did Paypal and other upgrades, or won prizes or gifted packages. We have put forth every effort to make sure we manually updated these additional perks and gifts, but some may have slipped through the cracks. Please view your packages on the my.em8er.com website AFTER you have converted your forum account to verify your perks. If you see an issue, contact [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.

To claim your IndieGoGo and Paypal packages, follow the instructions during account conversion or creation from logging into the https://forums.em8er.com website. Some of you have used more than one email with your IndieGoGo and Paypal accounts. To claim these perks, go to the My Account portion of the my.em8er.com website and add additional emails as needed.

YOU MUST check your emails and click the verified link for each email you add, as well as the original one you entered during account conversion. Please note that account verification and IndieGoGo perk claim verification are TWO DIFFERENT EMAILS and that BOTH will need to be clicked through to claim your account and IndieGoGo perks.

THANK YOU BACKERS AND COMMUNITY!

This is a huge step forward for Em-8ER. Having an account system and login system for the game puts us one step closer to our playable mockup. Backers can expect new test builds soon. Stay tuned for more information and please accept our gratitude and thanks.
Ok I Have converted to the Darkside, now quit Bugging me. Just kidding the sight looks great I am anxious for the great things that are coming Cheers to th almighty coders and You to Grummz!

Status
Not open for further replies.