Unofficial Vehicle Request Thread

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
it'll take a while.

All of this said, if you were hypothetically given a satisfactory answer as to why vehicles are necessary, which one would be your favourite and/or would you have any of your own to add?
Like I said before, I can't see any traditional transport in Ember, while we have MEKs. Omniframe - even it's name speaks for itself. Just my personal point of view.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Man did all the people after launch want to know how to get the Locust. It was great riding around on it. I, too, would love to see that resurrected since it is directly tied back to Grummz's days at the helm of Firefall.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Robots are expensive, so probably not everyone is equipped with one.

Tracked and wheeled vehicles, on the other hand, are cheap, reliable, stable (same accuracy during a sustained fire), have a low profile, and can carry veeery big weapons (tracks/wheels instead of legs).

Omni-mechs are more "jack of all trades, master of none" type military asset (hence omni -> (all) in the name). So other vehicles, with more specific roles, are still gonna be viable.

Aequitas

Omega Founder
Aug 3, 2016
To start I think there should just be one basic 4x4 vehicle like the one in Firefall but with 4 seats and a gunner slot.
Aesthetics: To help with game upkeep and development costs there should be a lot of customization such as paint colors and patterns , hood ornaments, horn sounds, engine sounds, headlight styles, roll bars, chasis types, rims, etc. Basically alot of aesthetic options for people to spend money on to make a unique EM8er Crawler.
Functional Modularity: Aside from monetized modularity there should also be functional modularity. This being different weapons you can mount on it, or maybe one has like an ammo replenisher while another one can heal people. Earn engine upgrades to increase speed. add melee spikes and shredders to run down enemies for the joy of running them over and watering the ground with their blood. Even sensors that spot cloaked enemies or increase sensor range. Basically make the vehicles have many different exchangeable attributes to make them unique to you and have some limited use on the battelfield while still stressing the use and mobility of your suits. It would be cool to see a better more customizeable version of the ranger that everyone could make their own and even name.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I just had an idea and I didn't want to create a new thread for this, because it's mainly relevant to this one.

We've been debating whether you need to get out of your mech when you get into a vehicle or whether your vehicle fits your mech. I think there is an interesting middle ground: Vehicles can ONLY fit light mechs. No larger mechs, but also no solo pilot.

Advantages:

- Shows scale of game to be having larger vehicles.
- Gives you something to defend yourself with if you have to get out of the vehicle.
- Looks exponentially cooler than simply getting into a harasser without any mech.
- Other advantages that I thought of but can't remember now. I'll get back to you.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Let me slap an artillery battery on the back of a tank. Double the boom, double the dakka!
View attachment 4714
Here's a video talking about this WW2 monstrosity. It's absolutely beautiful. In a murder-y sorta way.
I'd imagine this as a new years celebration vehicle! and it could drop it down to create a shield

t34shield.jpg

Aug 14, 2016
This is how I want my personal drop to go from cargo mode to combat mode. Think of it like a mech that would be larger than heavy omniframe but smaller than thumper. Something to fill in that odd size gap. Plus it gives me a reason to own a personal dropship to start with and pilot it from time to time. lol