Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Feedback thread for the latest demo.
Tsi-Hu are swarming more than ever! Come help us stress test our servers. The more players, the more Tsi-Hu!
As usual if you're backer, the build is ready to download right now!

Give us the feedback down below!

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
I couldn't see any players for the longest time, even though there were lots and lots of enemies. I was on the US server. There were only a few rifts but many enemies. I would go to the rifts and shoot things, and then the rift would disappear.

I eventually saw one single player.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I couldn't see any players for the longest time, even though there were lots and lots of enemies. I was on the US server. There were only a few rifts but many enemies. I would go to the rifts and shoot things, and then the rift would disappear.

I eventually saw one single player.
Hey @Sy I have a few questions:
Were you on the latest Backer Demo [Tsi-Hu Overspawn]?
Was this during the stream or just a few minutes ago?

Usually players meet up at either the BIG Orange Coral or the BIG Green Shell.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
-My Mouse settings that I changed and Saved are reverting to default every time I open the game, and to fix it I just open the settings and click "Apply" without changing anything and it's fixed.
-DLSS - When setting DLSS to "Auto" and saving it , it actually sets it to "Performance", all the other settings work fine.
-The T.H.M.P.R is registering hits from the Assault Rifle, it doesn't appear to do damage to it but the plasma cannon shots go throught.

Last edited:

BluecometxD

Firstclaimer
Aug 8, 2018
The crosshair swaying when you shoot is very wonky, it doesn't feel as fun as shooting in most other shooting games where recoil also moves your camera with the crosshair. Its far less immersive to watch the crosshair wander around independently of your camera.

The inconsistent mouse sensitivity is super uncomfortable for me. Having an option to disable whatever is causing the inconsistent mouse sensitivity would be awesome. Not being able to turn off these options is a huge deal breaker in shooter games for a lot of people.

The reason people vehemently hate mouse acceleration or ANY form of variable sensitivity is because it makes aiming inconsistent. People who play apex/valorant know exactly how far they need to move their mouse to turn their crosshair to a target. Having a variable sensitivity throws this out the window because then you need to also factor in how FAST you move your mouse to become truly consistent.

Having consistent sensitivity creates the opportunity to perfectly learn your mouse sensitivity in a much simpler way. I find that games with variable sensitivities (e.g Killing Floor 2) just turn into a case of you watching and waiting for your crosshair to line up with the enemy rather than instantly knowing how to aim at that enemy. Its a very nit picky detail but it creates a world of difference in shooting games.

The simple option of a zoomed sensitivity slider solves the issue of balancing aim speed/ turning speed for when you want to aim well, and turn your character fast. Having this option is why warframe can feel so good as a shooter despite being a third person game that wants you to turn your camera super fast and very often. It manages to let you turn super fast and zooming in has its own sensitivity so shooting also feels wonderful even if guns don't fully ADS.

Overall i LOVE how far this game has come and im super hyped to see what it grows into.

wacky things i noticed :
Mega boosting away while u are grappled perma bricks your character ( i boosted a mile away into the ocean while grappled and could no longer control my character )

Increasing your FOV and switching to windowed mode on a lower resolution feels like it makes the accuracy of first person mode better? Im 50% sure im just going crazy though\

There is a tiny cooldown between single firing the assault rifle despite the rifle being fully automatic, could be intentional idk.

Last edited:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
You cannot bind the mouse wheel scroll action to anything. When you get to the "waiting for input" pop-up and then are supposed to press a key to bind a new action, moving the mouse wheel does nothing. You can bind the "press mouse wheel" BUT NOT "rotate/scroll mouse wheel"

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I have noticed the mouse sensitivity was odd too but after changing it to 1.0 it was very good.

Thumpr spots are still odd one went under a shell so couldn't call the thumpr.

thumperpointaaa.jpg

The Thumpr got bugged among the portals of the tsi hu did eventually vanish and was not picked up.
Also when some tsihu was walking into it and even myself one of its leg kept going up

thumprdance.jpg

I did find at some point the game felt abit shaky not sure if its to do with the overwhelming tsi hu or just the mouse sensitivity as well.

This has become less of a walk in the park and more dangerous especially when they all start charging towards you!

This has made me take cover when possible and take advantage of the missile swarm which really comes in handy.

The tsihu standing all on 1 spot is still a thing, that can also be very sneaky because you think it is just one and suddenly see many projectiles firing good thing for plasma cannon.

Aug 24, 2016
Worland, Wyoming, USA
running solo on the server I have noticed a very predictable pattern in the Tsi-hu current AI. they like to come at you in a 3 prong attack one group to the left, one to the right, and one in front. If you don't clean out the 2 side groups any group that spawns after the first 3 reinforces the one coming from the front
another thing I have noticed is with the number of Tsi-hu now spawning on the map the code in charge of finding a spawn point for the player is having problems finding a safe one. I have had one instance of me spawning in the middle of a rift, and two instances of me spawning in the middle of a patrol

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I just went on alone.

The keybinds listed "I" as swap weapons, but it was the inventory for me and I could not find any key that swapped weapons at all. Was I just dumb? I tried all A to Z.

I could have a thumper and call another and then the red thumper ball stayed with me forever.

I found scanning did not clearly indicated where things were, the old FF way of showing the contours worked well. I had no real idea of where any scan results were located.

I spawned and slowly a whole lot of Tsi-Hu spawned by me, but when I thumped none came ever and the thumper eventually went away with none ever spawning.

I found the rockets fun, but also they were the only useful thing to kill Tsi-Hu as the assault weapon was very hard to aim and when I got close enough to use it I usually was killed.

One time I was in the air and got a lock on me, and it was unclear how to do anything about it, and I died in the air.

I never got a chance to try the plasma weapon, as I never managed to swap weapons.

The lack of a distance weapon meant I was either far away or dead when loads of Tsi-Hu appeared.

While it was fun to stay in the air a lot, it felt like I could jump jet forever and then the missiles refilled so fast I could almost just hover and shoot missiles all day long and had no desire to engage the enemy as it was not as safe or effective.

Often my camera would do some kind of reset and shift to what seemed a default viewpoint.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The keybinds listed "I" as swap weapons, but it was the inventory for me and I could not find any key that swapped weapons at all. Was I just dumb? I tried all A to Z.
I never got a chance to try the plasma weapon, as I never managed to swap weapons.
I think that should be number 1 but this can be confusing looks like a captial i (I) or a simple (l) too :confused:

Yes for me when i press 1 can swap to either the assault rifle or the plasma cannon

One time I was in the air and got a lock on me, and it was unclear how to do anything about it, and I died in the air.
At this time try to find the yellow tsihu grappler and eliminate it before it pulls you or what i like to do is just turn and press Q and I am out of their range.

The most simple one for me is just running on the ground and sliding behind cover. The odd thing is the grapplers could attack on the ground but they do not. Just keep moving away maybe they could have some melee if you get too close to them?

Jan 26, 2017
it feels weird aiming since yesterday's demo and m not entirely sure why. It feels not exactly perfect but currently best when having both accelerations unchecked. with the AR at close range, it's easy to hit the enemy's but most of the time it doesn't feal like it's a lucky hit by bullet spread rather than that I m aiming at them, and at a longer distance I find it very hard to hit my targets.
Lastly, the camera is doing this weird tiny up and down movement like vibrating whenever I move around my camera with the mouse, sometimes making precise aiming troublesome also the vibrations is making me feel sick which the game has never done before until this point.

The mouse I use is a Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY

Kassatsu

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jun 13, 2017
Somehow I managed to bring up the mouse cursor in the resource screen after pressing i and then clicking my mouse. Once that happened, I lost control of my character (presumably because I was in a menu that had no buttons) and had no way of closing the resource screen without shutting down the entire game. I couldn't even press esc to open the main menu either.

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Somehow I managed to bring up the mouse cursor in the resource screen after pressing i and then clicking my mouse. Once that happened, I lost control of my character (presumably because I was in a menu that had no buttons) and had no way of closing the resource screen without shutting down the entire game. I couldn't even press esc to open the main menu either.
Right now a way to get out is try bringing up the player kill stats with tab. Sometimes that unfreezes it.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Missed the last two demos, so here we go.

Shooting and Abilities
- The assault rifle feels SO MUCH BETTER. The crosshair shake feels and looks great.
- Labels for players and Tsi-hu status seem to be a bit finicky. Player labels don't appear until you're quite close, whereas status appears from a further distance, and appear for a longer period of time.
- The Overthrust is probably too powerful vertically.
- The assault rifle and the plasma cannon feel more balanced now. I used to avoid the assault rifle unless I was really close to an enemy, but I find myself switching more. I think the energy meter would look better built-in to the weapon itself, especially since the ammo counter on the assault rifle is on the side of it. You would be used to looking there. If it remains where it is, it feels more like every energy weapon will share the same reserve. Maybe that is the reason? It would still need to be more visible either way.
- The slide glitch with the assault rifle has returned. You can expend all of your ammo in half a second if you slide too fast or spam Ctrl+Shift while shooting. You can still hit things with reasonable accuracy with it. (video)
- Missile swarm feels great, but I'd appreciate seeing a slight glow on the missiles when fired.

Tsi-Hu
- Had one weird encounter. The server may have lagged. (video)
- The grapplers are a little derpy since they don't have weapons. Since they seem like support, so a sticky/slow gun feels like it would suit.
- The 'Enemy Lock' message still gets stuck sometimes. I dodged a hook to cause it. Not sure why it remained. (video)

Menu/Settings
- I logged in for the first time since ResourceDemo. My mouse would allow me to turn left and right fine, but going up and down was almost impossible. The view would zig-zag diagonally left and right, going up or down. Fixed it by changing one of the new mouse settings (didn't need to save).
- Pretty sure this effected other settings. Unable to change the camera offset in third person initially until I restarted the game.
- Switching 'Mouse Smoothing' off and applying/accepting keeps it enabled.

Other
- Had a THMP-R not get picked up by a dropship, but instead teleport into the sky with a dropship carrying it. (video)
- Someone brought up gliding speed, so I reattach this old video from when it was changed. The maximum momentum should be increased, but the drop-off should be faster. (video)

ChAzZ_NuT

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jan 22, 2017
I've noticed that whilst jetting in one direction with your finger down on the key constantly, if you attempt to dodge in the opposite direction you'll simply dodge in the direction you're already moving. As opposed to dodging in the opposite direction that you're moving.

For example; Whilst jetting left with the finger down on the key constant, if you tap the right key to dodge right then you'll actually dodge left instead.

Is this intended?

I've also noticed that every time I log into the game, I have to reset my mouse sensitivity.. Despite the numeral value on the verticle and horizontal sliders not changing.

I've also noticed that the Tsi-Hu will bunch up on spawn sometimes, and they'll get stuck on the spot in a large group. And sometimes the "ENEMY LOCK" feature gets stuck and flashes endlessly on the screen despite no Tsi-Hu presence.

I'm a big fan of noodles, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.