Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Reapers!
The time is upon us. The Tsi-Hu are ready to your yank your high flying backside right out of the sky.
So keep your eyes on the enemy below, cause they're done looking up to you!

New features include-
-Tsi-hu that can use their grappling action to pull players out of the sky.
-The ability to choose your frames color (red or green).
-Individually counted resource collection.
-and..maybe something else to discover!
All eligible backers, hop on in!

And then give us that sweet and sour feedback below.
The Devs are listening.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
No. You know, Grummz and the rest of the designers, i'm a f*in fan girl. But no.

Not good enough. You guys were nervous for a reason. Do better next time. I know you can.

I have a ton of footage already, it is a mess. I want my Cyperpump refund. THIS WILL NOT DO!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
The demo freezes in the menu sometimes when alt-tabbing to a different program for example Discord
and the game keeps running when coming back but the menu buttons were not responding

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Not good enough. You guys were nervous for a reason.
Tsi-hu with grapplers make most nervous in flight :eek:

i'm a f*in fan girl. But no.
:eek:

I have a ton of footage already, it is a mess
:oops:

Gummz, don't make me Red5 myself....
This is what a tomato would say, come to the broccoli side before its too late... the red is too much, it will consume your soul :eek:

Noticed that when you have just flown or jet-packed and then land even then they grapple you and pull you towards them and KABLEWY :confused:

Is there a way to chop the grappling wire or even shoot it?
With multiple grappler tsi-hu's its going to be a pain.

So the grappler tsi-hu are shown in a different colour that is good to know!
They do this lasso spinning thing and sound then it pulls you like scorpian from mortal kombat does, but instead of just pulling you get a bonus explosion ... is this a torgue joke?

I think there should be a warning sound when you see the warning sign comes when they lock on to you with grappler.

If there was a way to highlight the grappler for the others could be good like how you can press something to show a way point or item to someone in your team

I like that the skin can change colour from broccoli to tomato also.

Dec 19, 2020
TN
Killing a Tsi-hu Grappler the moment its' grapple hits you while using your jetpack sends you floating in the air as if you are still using them but not draining energy.
You can't fire, move, or aim in this state but you can use your Q, E, and 2.
E'ing will get you back on the ground but you will be frozen (you can still activate 2, scan and use the THMPR from the radial menu (c opens the radial menu)).
Scanning frees you from this frozen state but if you jump you return to a flying state though able to move and fire freely.
You can return to the ground with your glider and move around but the camera following the model breaks and you can see the front of your mech as well as entering a walking animation loop while viewing it from behind (which you will see the front of). Jumping again returns you to the same flying state.

Still exploring this bug and it's a fun one.

I should note that you recharge your jetpacks like you are on the ground while midair with this bug.
The recharge rate seems to be slower than on the ground and running out of energy (you can only go down to one tick) doesn't send you to the ground, only E'ing or using your glider does.

P.S. If you fly too high in the air and press E instead of glide just quit out of the demo it's way faster trust me.

After a little more testing I find that there's a certain window of time you have to aim for to recreate the bug.
Usually killing the Grappler when it starts pulling you to the ground makes this possible.
The Grapplers will still lock onto you if you're in the air with the bugged state, so that's good I guess.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Was standing on top of a big spikey shell and blasted the tsihu cleared the area and the Enemy lock symbol keeps flashing so flew up to see if there was any hiding but could not see.

lock.jpg

One thing i'd like to know is where my thumpr is after i have died because i am spawned somewhere and cannot find thumpr !!! Maybe a thumpr location on the direction thing on the top of the screen with a thumpr logo?

Could we have basic chat feature in the demo, this would be handy for those unable to use discord like me o.o

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Some issues:
- Enemy locked on but no Tsi-hu were attempting to grapple. Effectively stopped all other Tsi-hu from locking on and making me immune to grappling. Happened randomly, but it seemed to affect the very first time they did it after logging in (shortly after logging in). Dying fixes this.
- Enemy lock sometimes continues while on the ground. This occurred randomly, while I had landed on the ground before they threw their hooks.
- Being grappled mid-air while using abilities, sliding or dashing is a little weird.
- On one occasion, a set of rifts didn't deal damage to me. Unfortunately wasn't able to explore this because someone killed me. Not sure how to replicate. On this note, it would be interesting (and a bit like the melding tornado event) if some rifts were shielded and putting down all enemies and the shield allowed you to temporarily enter the time void that the Tsi-hui are in. Sounds very dangerous though, thought for the real game or KS mock-up if money wills it.
- Quickly cycling weapons can cause you to break the weapon. Either you hold a weapon that will not fire, or no weapon at all. Fixed by holstering or switching to 1st/3rd person view.
- One Tsi-hu got overly excited and started running around swinging his hook. Possibly caused by me sliding behind cover before he threw it.
+ It'd be nice to be able to dash when the grapple has been released to dodge.
+ If above is considered, the dodge mechanic needs to be polished. It's unreliable.
+ The plasma cannon really needs a skin.
+ Assault rifle still feels bad while firing single shots. Change firing mode button in the future?
+ On lower settings, it's difficult to make out which Tsi-hu (Tsi-who?!) is targeting you.
+ The lighting is still pretty average. I know it was an Unreal Engine update but is there any ETA on getting the original lighting back?
+ I'm glad instant death is temporary.

On the flip side, I love:
- Not being able to move while scanning. Feels good.
- Independent inventory! Thumping feels a bit more rewarding now I can see what I've collected and not a giant wall of numbers.
- Is that a new shield sound?
- Plasma cannon kills you faster (not really needed now you can change skins whenever).
-and..maybe something else to discover!
Character model still has no realistic navel and I didn't find a terminal with a Laura Post voice clip on it so this can stay a secret ⁽ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶦ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵒⁿʸᵃⁿ~⁾

Aug 5, 2017
UK
There's just no way to escape the hook, unless you get complete out of site. Even if then the direct line always is there.

For now, your grappling hook sucks. It just does. I'm sorry but not sorry.
Actually, after spending about 40mins trying out different tactics - you can unlock the Grapple Target warning !! - I found that gliding away with in a few seconds does the trick, or 'DEEP STRIKE' onto the Tsi-hu or a tad away from it works to...well, about 70% of the time. Trying to shoot the Tsi-hu wastes to much escape time aswell.

Aug 5, 2017
UK
First of all - Great work by Team Em8-er !!

The Grapple mechanic I think works really well, apart from a few tweeks (shorter teather range etc.). Its possible that there are different variants of grapple tech that the Tsi-hu (have) combine with a grapple, eg. Electric stun, puncture/bash that drops you prone to the ground and so forth! maybe various animations deployed to indicate grapple type/variant and their affects.

So, auto avoidance from Meks should not be mandatory - I have mentioned before that you can escape the lock-on feature, in a few ways.
The hindrance abillities/effects should be logical and based on stats and must work both ways; we and them can escape them given the ecounter.

Bugs I found.

* Clipping through some tress while running/walking/flying.
> Inside of structures, when close to a wall and you try to pan/view your mek and can see outside/tearing.
* First person freezes at times - but might be due to lag!

All in all - Great work and progress - keep it coming !! :)

SaltehBleach

Omni Ace
Hypedration
May 3, 2020
Demo mishaps, one again! (sorry if any are repeated!)

-=MENU=-
-Fullscreen with max resolution, the mouse cursor/selector is slightly off.
NOTE: to fix this, simply go from 2nd highest res hit apply, then go to highest res apply, for it to be lined up properly.

-clicking outside the personal inventory window, then pressing I or esc. to exit will make it stuck until you click back into the same window

-=game general stuff=-
-Camera can get broken (to plank again, lol) mostly got this by spamming menu -> switch skins and menu -> scan (c,a,s keys) over and over until camera breaks.

-hitting h (switch camera) then alt, camera does a quick dance (like, 80-90% of the time), but you still shoot over the other shoulder.

-notably: when flying on a not straight wall (ex shell edge) where its curved, but not able to walk on, if you fly into it, you will loose control of flying, not be able to use abilities or jetpack until u land (messes with movement.) ((can use guns)) (character will jump?/quick hop, indicating you hit a ledge, to stand on, that you cant stand on), and you loose control.

^same type of edge (like side of shell): hitting q(over thrust) deepstrike across the land!

-hitting overthrust and then hitting gliding ability right after/shortly after, will cause gliders to cancel, not be able to use until the recharge is complete.

-grapplers despawn faster than normal tsi-hu

-when standing in shell, lighting changes between walking in and out, and first person -dying in first person causes you hand to reach out for life one last time lol

-when tsi-hu grab you form a higher ground (upper position), you just stand up straight, as you accept your fate

*tiny nit-picky things/cant recreate
-T.H.M.P.R ropes don't grab by the bars...

-sometimes "enemy lock" will get stuck and flash, until death

-sometimes dying, will get stuck in 3rd person, without option to press space to respawn

-sometimes colors of frames will not display the same on peoples ends (IE: green = red on another screen)

-whenever i go change skin, it seems to always take the 2nd try to switch over colors.

good job dev team! always excited for the next build!
SaltehBleach on discord if further clarification is needed :)

Last edited:

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
- In some circumstances, you can't move if performing an action just before Scanning. Attempting to Scan while sliding, switching weapons or using abilities can do this. While your movement is locked, you can only switch weapons, activate missile swarm and use C menu. Easiest way to replicate is to activate Scan while sliding after a glide. The animation will not play. You can get out of this by Scanning, however your omniframe will be glitched like the Deepstryke bug.
- Minimizing Movement, Abilities and Weapons sections in the Hotkeys menu doesn't collapse all the options.
- Being in the menu when dying does not allow you to close the menu or respawn. Have to restart the client.
- While in free camera mode, the mouse is no longer locked to the centre of the screen in Windowed mode.
- Setting FOV scaling to Maintain Width/X-Axis (Vert-) allows you to put in values outside the given range, resulting in this.
175.png 175 3.png
- Just after death, turning the camera around still plays the omniframe movement sounds.
- This is just a stupid one on my part. Setting the Frame Rate Limit to 1 causes all sorts of weird things to happen with abilities. People should play around with this, seems ripe for abuse if you have the patience.

Jul 31, 2016
New Jersey
www.deviantart.com
Had a bug where I got killed by an NPC, the press space to respawn msg didn't popup for a sec, so I pressed escape, which then opened up the escape menu, but then glitched the whole game once the press space to respawn msg popped up. So I wasn't able to do anything. Just as a headsup if this has not been seen before.

TL;DR
-Died
-pressed escape before the respawn msg appeared
-respawn popup appeared while in escape menu
-game was stuck in the escape menu forever unless force quit

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
- In some circumstances, you can't move if performing an action just before Scanning. Attempting to Scan while sliding, switching weapons or using abilities can do this. While your movement is locked, you can only switch weapons, activate missile swarm and use C menu. Easiest way to replicate is to activate Scan while sliding after a glide. The animation will not play. You can get out of this by Scanning, however your omniframe will be glitched like the Deepstryke bug.
- Minimizing Movement, Abilities and Weapons sections in the Hotkeys menu doesn't collapse all the options.
- Being in the menu when dying does not allow you to close the menu or respawn. Have to restart the client.
- While in free camera mode, the mouse is no longer locked to the centre of the screen in Windowed mode.
- Setting FOV scaling to Maintain Width/X-Axis (Vert-) allows you to put in values outside the given range, resulting in this.
- Just after death, turning the camera around still plays the omniframe movement sounds.
- This is just a stupid one on my part. Setting the Frame Rate Limit to 1 causes all sorts of weird things to happen with abilities. People should play around with this, seems ripe for abuse if you have the patience.
This image reminds me of going very fast on wipeout !

Status
Not open for further replies.