To clarify exactly, P2P or F2P

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by Ghost Kozak, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ghost Kozak

Ghost Kozak New Member

I know it's been tossed around, but I can't seem to see a definitive answer to the question, "Is EM-8ER a Free To Play?" Question gets bounced a lot, but nothing stuck with what it was to be. And with the recent "Firefall Credit Program", gives me the impression its F2P. After searching the forums, never found anything pertaining to this. If possible, I would like a Dev to give us a definitive answer on the subject. Just want to clarify.

2. Terricon4

Terricon4 Active Member

Last I heard/read. You buy it once, then get to play it (like Guild Wars 2).

3. ZeroShiba

ZeroShiba New Member

so you meant like, if there an expansion, you will get it free? or what?
    I might misunderstood your statement

4. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

Em-8ER will not be free to play. Also, there will not be a monthly subscription.
    It will be a game you simply buy then play. The exact nature of if or how we will charge for things like expansions or additional playable content is still to be decided. Though I can confirm that there will be things like cosmetics that you can buy.

5. Nunaden

Nunaden Well-Known Member

yeah, i can confirm that 'cause i saw it the DEV team throwing it around in some old discussions, some very old discussions, like 1 month after start of the project when the forum was still completely new.

6. Ghost Kozak

Ghost Kozak New Member

Thanks for clearing that, its a problem when games are called F2P, like Defiance, which was a good show but horrible game for $60 that went F2P afterwards cause it sucked so bad, actually need cash to get in instead of what F2P actually means.

7. neonserge

neonserge Well-Known Member

So if this game was to be purchased would there be an additional option to purchase em8er on dvd and even a collectors edition with a little toy or something?

Torgue_Joey and Dreamin like this.
  8. Dreamin

Dreamin New Member

Nice neonserge, I like that question.

Collectors Release Edition Offline PC Executable +10

Might be a wait for full release edition though. Modeled toys sounds interesting.

neonserge likes this.
  9. Nunaden

Nunaden Well-Known Member

Meh, i would prefer a digital deluxe edition

Torgue_Joey likes this.
  10. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna

11. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

I can live with that fact B2P.

Silv3r Shadow likes this.