Thumping, on a whole new level...

Partha

Deepstriker
Jul 5, 2018
Fredericton, Canada.
My wife and I were reminiscing on how we really liked the old firefall thumper calldowns.... And how it would be kewl to have something like it in EM8ER. ....we came up with a crazy concept.

What if, when you call down a thumper, the ship first drops down a spike. A micro-missile that goes several meters/feet down, explodes and loosens the materials. It might even leave a small crater.
This would of course immediately call attention to the area. Then the thumper drops.
The catch is, sometimes you would spike an alien tunnel or passage, adding more enemies.
On very rare occasions, you might spike an alien hive or nest... Then all hell breaks loose!
But with higher risk would come higher rewards!
Call in player reinforcements, you are going to need it!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My wife and I were reminiscing on how we really liked the old firefall thumper calldowns.... And how it would be kewl to have something like it in EM8ER. ....we came up with a crazy concept.

What if, when you call down a thumper, the ship first drops down a spike. A micro-missile that goes several meters/feet down, explodes and loosens the materials. It might even leave a small crater.
This would of course immediately call attention to the area. Then the thumper drops.
The catch is, sometimes you would spike an alien tunnel or passage, adding more enemies.
On very rare occasions, you might spike an alien hive or nest... Then all hell breaks loose!
But with higher risk would come higher rewards!
Call in player reinforcements, you are going to need it!

Would the spike be optional and how many would we have are they unlimited or would they have a recharge?

This could be used strategically, this way have to be carefully considered when to use otherwise takes some time to reuse again.

I am thinking it is like an ion cannon in how it recharges because this spike is super charged and that is why it could time to reuse again.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
The THMPR encounter will have some rng mechanics involved on it's own (current world tier, how many of what adversary, spawn when & where, how much resources mined in what timeframe, etc.)...however...perhaps some sort of item/area/etc could basically turn the standard THMPR encounter into THMPR Encounter Hard-mode.

Partha

Deepstriker
Jul 5, 2018
Fredericton, Canada.
The THMPR encounter will have some rng mechanics involved on it's own (current world tier, how many of what adversary, spawn when & where, how much resources mined in what timeframe, etc.)...however...perhaps some sort of item/area/etc could basically turn the standard THMPR encounter into THMPR Encounter Hard-mode.
ooooouuuuuhhhhhh.... exciting.

EMMA

Aug 31, 2019
It would be interesting if you had to build your spike. It would be a one time use and be a pre-thumper drop. I would place a cool down on it so it's not abused of.