THMPR Hologram Animations

THMPR Hologram Animations

Going by what's been described in the novel, our MEK-As, aside from emojis on their faceplate, can project a holographic body, to represent them, which can take any shape. If that's the case, then, with enough funding we should be able to have our THMPR use the hologram to emote.

Now, these can obviously be salutes, waves, dances, idles, like folding arms, tapping feet, checking a nonexistent wrist-watch if the player is taking to long to do something, or it could pretend to be asleep, catching Z-z-Zs. But, also, it could project the hologram right on top of a mapped mining spot and wave to us, jump up and down with its arm flailing, or keep pointing straight down, run in a circle...etc. depending on whether it would be humanoid or not in its appearance. It could also give a sound, generic shouts or a roar in case of animal holograms.

I will seriously pay extra if I can have a holographic lynx that would have its back turned to me, but not its head, then, while looking right at me, it would repeatedly slam its butt against the ground, to point out the spot. It would detect my direction and would automatically be facing away, shaking its butt at me. Weird?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I will seriously pay extra if I can have a holographic lynx that would have its back turned to me, but not its head, then, while looking right at me, it would repeatedly slam its butt against the ground, to point out the spot. It would detect my direction and would automatically be facing away, shaking its butt at me. Weird?
Would be funny but weird butt weird is good :D

It occurred to me (a few hours ago, at work) that our THMPR could use the projection of its holographic self to distract enemies. We could command our MEK, like a squadmate, to use an ability, which would make them project either their customized holographic self or something else out onto the field, in the middle of a battle, to run interference, drawing some enemy fire and futile melee attacks from beasts, taking some pressure off of both us and our MEK, and the drone, if there will be one. Hm?

An ability like this should already be a common thing for, say, light-frames, that would employ such decoys, lasting longer, with the possible mod to explode on command or when it expires, causing not kinetic or explosive damage, but some kind of shock, maybe. And perhaps our MEK's decoy could be modded to act the same way, whether we're in a light-frame or not. And such an ability may not even be restricted to light-frames.

There's no reason why any other frames couldn't have an ability like that slotted in, taking up a module spot or something. It could be 'cross-class' thing, but since we're going for the idea of no classes and freedom of customization, there should be as little restrictions as possible, while still keeping existing limitations believeable/acceptable.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
That is weird...

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!

Aug 14, 2016
But the question is will they all have the same emotes or will there be different emotes for A.I. based on what gender they are, if any. For example in some games males and females have different animations for the same emotes.

Game like PSO2 does this all the time. Every emote in the game has a male and female version of it. Some times there is not much difference between them other than the center of balance (men and women tend to support their body mass differently.) and sometimes the animations can be wildly different from each other.

For example.

But the question is will they all have the same emotes or will there be different emotes for A.I. based on what gender they are, if any. For example in some games males and females have different animations for the same emotes.

Game like PSO2 does this all the time. Every emote in the game has a male and female version of it. Some times there is not much difference between them other than the center of balance (men and women tend to support their body mass differently.) and sometimes the animations can be wildly different from each other.

For example.
That would make sense to have different version, BUT...we should be able to use any, no matter what gender we play. If someone likes to think of their female OC as a tomboy, or wants to make them look androgenious, with more masculine traits, then, they should be able to use the emote-versions that feel more appropriate/natural.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Depends on funding and whether or not we can forcibly squeeze the developers into them. :D
I keep overlooking that part the funding grrr, Em8er team could contact Elon musk & even Ex president Trump and others.

There is a market for Grandparents they will have a good chunk of time and they tell you exactly how things are!

I keep overlooking that part the funding grrr, Em8er team could contact Elon musk & even Ex president Trump and others.

There is a market for Grandparents they will have a good chunk of time and they tell you exactly how things are!
That reminds me...

A few years ago, I read about how NASA or some independent company, was trying to develop a new type of space-suit. Instead of the usual unwieldy, puffed up, bloated, crappy-looking current ones, what they tried to do was run thin tubes around a tight suit, in a certain pattern and in those tubes was the stuff, the liquids or gases that would keep the inside pressurized and it looked slimmed, like leagues better than what they have now. Looked almost sci-fi, but it was getting closer to just being actual sci- and not only -fi. Something akin to a geesuit, but with a bit of tubing woven tightly around certain places. Don't know what become of that project, but if they could manage to make that work it would be, to borrow one of Trump's favorite words,YUUUGE! Written and pronounced strictly with the "y" sound.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
With all this 3d printing stuff and tech those futuristic suits could happen then will all be going to other planets some day but for the meantime Em8er will do :D

With all this 3d printing stuff and tech those futuristic suits could happen then will all be going to other planets some day but for the meantime Em8er will do :D
Ah, damn it! I forgot about 3D printing, again! I almost never remind myself to consider how it can factor into the making of these things.