THMPR art demo exe next Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2016
Adelaide
Gave me goosebumps reading the update. It's a monumental moment for all of us here who believed. It's one step closer to our game. There's a long road ahead, but we're one step closer. And it's just going to get better and better from here.

When we finally get there, you'll be able to say "hey, I was there when we took our baby steps!"

Thank you all for your hard work and efforts

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
I just copied the build over to the kids PC's...Watching them both run around the art exe was like watching them try first Firefall. Memories.
I dig the color palette of the terrain! I'd imagine it looks incredible in a night cycle.
Just made me think... Is there any plan to add lava veins underground? Just as a texture thing but to have areas of the map that you see a slight glow through during the day, but at night it turns into a full on emissive lava flow glowing up through the ice? Could be pretty awesome if you could do something like that, and depending on your approach might not be too expensive in time and effort to add.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Just made me think... Is there any plan to add lava veins underground? Just as a texture thing but to have areas of the map that you see a slight glow through during the day, but at night it turns into a full on emissive lava flow glowing up through the ice? Could be pretty awesome if you could do something like that, and depending on your approach might not be too expensive in time and effort to add.
Yeah I was thinking of that. I remember in firefall that Antarctica had flares and stuff that lit up ice; made it very pretty, with gentle shades of blue green and purple. I'm trying to envision the glow lava could create through ice aesthetically along with the generally blue environment. I think the only warm color glows should come from actually exposed lava while the icy terrain just gently glows cold colors. Leaving the warm glows for exposed lava would create a strong contrast with the blue environment, which would look wonderful(think of the ashen parts of devils tusk).

Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain
Yeah I was thinking of that. I remember in firefall that Antarctica had flares and stuff that lit up ice; made it very pretty, with gentle shades of blue green and purple. I'm trying to envision the glow lava could create through ice aesthetically along with the generally blue environment. I think the only warm color glows should come from actually exposed lava while the icy terrain just gently glows cold colors. Leaving the warm glows for exposed lava would create a strong contrast with the blue environment, which would look wonderful(think of the ashen parts of devils tusk).
Mmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.